[0.15.23] Minimap doesn't show some buildings

Things that has been reported already before.
jarcionek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.15.23] Minimap doesn't show some buildings

Post by jarcionek »

As a developer, I know that you might say "it's not a bug, it's feature" and I am a bit torn whether I should have posted it in suggestions rather than bugs.

Two squares 13x13 made of any entities:
- left one can be seen on the minimap
- right one is invisible on the minimap, despite having 3 times more entities

I can see that minimap displays 4 tiles as 1 pixel. Currently, it just picks 1 specific tile of the 4. Would be better if it was aggregating them and showing the most common one, eg if out of 4 tiles there are:
- 1 belt and 3 empty -> show yellow
- 2 pipes, 1 belt and 1 empty -> show blue
- 2 pipes, 2 belts -> show yellow (I would give yellow colour higher precedence than blue)

Why to change it?

When building mines at the beginning, we usually lay a single belt. It is sometimes invisible and I often find myself deconstructing it and placing 1 tile farther so it will show on the minimap. This gives me much better overview where I can connect new resources to existing belts etc. On this screenshot for example there is another horizontal belt on the south side of the buildings, however it is not visible on the minimap.

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15.23] Minimap doesn't show some buildings

Post by rorror »

Loewchen wrote:See: 18806
Its still a good question, because that post was about the "older" map/minimap pre 0.15.

angrypenguin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by angrypenguin »

jarcionek wrote:
When building mines at the beginning, we usually lay a single belt. It is sometimes invisible and I often find myself deconstructing it and placing 1 tile farther so it will show on the minimap.
In the same way, for me the trouble is walls, either my wall appears on the minimap or not depending on whether it is placed one space to the left or right. It is nice to be able to see at a glance the holes where the biters have broken through! I agree, perhaps it is a potential UI improvement rather than a bug.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

As the linked post says: this is a result of down-scaling the full image to show in the "mini" version of the map. It may be addressed at some point.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Duplicates”