[0.15.12] Robots attempt to construct existing structure

Things that has been reported already before.
AlienRaven
Inserter
Inserter

[0.15.12] Robots attempt to construct existing structure

Post by AlienRaven »

Steps to reproduce:
1. Construct something (doesn't matter hands or robots) in a place, where no roboports with construction robots reach.
2. Make a blueprint of the resulting construction.
3. Move away so, that personal roboport wont reach the construction.
4. Initialize Deconstruction planner (take it on the cursor).
5. Open Map, zoom in the construction.
6. Use Deconstruction planner on construction.
7. Place previously made blueprint on top of the construction.
8. Cancel deconstruction planner effect (SHIFT + select area of deconstruction).
9. Come back to the construction so, that construction robots from personal roboport will reach construction.

Results:
- Robots will try to build the construction on top of existing one.

Expected results:
- Robots will remain idle.
Attachments
construction_robots_bug.jpg
construction_robots_bug.jpg (194.06 KiB) Viewed 1035 times

AlienRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.12] Robots attempt to construct existing structure

Post by AlienRaven »

I'd like to object :)

My user story for it was: I wanted to blueprint my Iron Ore Smelting to smelt copper and I accidentally took deconstruction from the menu instead of blueprint. Then I tried to blueprint\fix it, that didn't help. Then I googled how to cancel deconstruction. Then in 20 mins when I was running across the Iron Ore Smelting Facility my construction robots where stuck.

While this is a duplicate of already submitted older bug, please consider that environment had change much from the time it was posted back then.

For 0.13.8 the best solution for this indeed was "don't do that not to suffer", because you used most blueprints in range of personal roboport or regular roboport. For reproduce you had to quickly do this, which I agree could be a vary rare situation.

In 0.15 you use new Map Zoom feature a lot for building and copying existing structures, so set of very specific actions from 0.13.8 essentially becomes simple missclick trouble, which will be happening much more frequently now.

Considering this, I'd like this to be re-verified.

Return to “Duplicates”