Friday Facts #365 - Future plans

Regular reports on Factorio development.
rldml
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #365 - Future plans

Post by rldml »

\o/
4wsxnq.jpg
4wsxnq.jpg (85.26 KiB) Viewed 6608 times

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Are we there yet? :lol:

JoneKone
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoneKone »

Well it has to be the Great Energy update.
Me be singing all away.

Ninetailed
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ninetailed »

Factorio expansion? Heck yeah! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Dr.RichardEvans
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dr.RichardEvans »

I am excited by this announcement.

I am strategy and simulation fan, and I have fond memories of my childhood playing Roller Coaster Tycoon and the big expansions that came with it (Loopy Landscapes and Corkscrew Follies). Even then, there were big content mods available, but they never could go beyond the modding boundaries. Nor were they ever as polished as the content created by Sawyer.

The potential for a big expansion that is developed to the same high standard as Factorio 1.1, and is capable of achieving things that the mods cannot, is wonderful news. As Factorio is such a well-designed game it would be a waste to not develop new official content for it, at least for a time.

I look forward to seeing the results in a year or so; if they are as good as Factorio 1.1, I look forward to buying them.

Warmest regards,
R.

tpatm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tpatm »

yeah, Royality expansion confirmed!
Lets build Dyson spheres!

Honestly I can’t imagine what new things to implement you will come up that haven’t been done by mods already so I’m looking forward to the next FFF!

MbraY
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MbraY »

Good job on 1.1, the game feels so much more smooth and sexy than 1.0 version did and i thought it would be impossible to polish it even more :shock: Can't wait to see what expansion are you planning.

Jan11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jan11 »

My first question and the most important one.

Where can I pre order the expansion pack? :D I know it will be a very good investment. :mrgreen:

evileye.x
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by evileye.x »

Nice! I have one year to finish Space Exploration ), which is obviously exists already ).
Still will buy anything from Wube though.

Pawz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pawz »

Frankly, a way to pull in some of the more.. ok I'll say it, the ladies --- that would be amazing. Something to itch that Stardew Valley type gameplay.. collecting, farming, caring for critters, dungeon diving...

Factorio has always been laser focused on 'the factory must grow' and I feel like they truly have achieved that. Something to suck in the other half would be amazing...
------------------------------------
Making Sniper Turrets Balanced Again aka Run Run the Swarm is Coming (Swarmageddon)
How it Should Have Started - A less 'cheaty' quick start (You won't want to play w/o this anymore)
No Wall Repair Less Suiciding

generi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by generi »

Frankly, you could implement just one new feature, call it Factorio 2 and I would buy it.

Filter62
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Filter62 »

Pawz wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:38 am
Frankly, a way to pull in some of the more.. ok I'll say it, the ladies --- that would be amazing. Something to itch that Stardew Valley type gameplay.. collecting, farming, caring for critters, dungeon diving...

Factorio has always been laser focused on 'the factory must grow' and I feel like they truly have achieved that. Something to suck in the other half would be amazing...
Well, it may sound silly, but I think it has some charm, farming in factorio lol) Seriously, I would play that))) :mrgreen:

P.S. Whatever it is, my trust is undying, take my money! =D I played enough factorio to pay for it a few times)))
Last edited by Filter62 on Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

wavetrex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wavetrex »

The other fantastic game that I play, Grim Dawn, does exactly the same: Maintain the game, while providing "big expansions" once in a while... some free, some as DLC. They have now two big DLCs, which both make it absolutely clear what they add to the game (large new storyline additions)

It's a great way for a small production house to drive more sales and also keep the hype up ;-)

---
As for Factorio, since this is a SciFi game after all, I would love for it to expand into even more SciFi, like, for example, after launching the rocket new tech using Space Science packs would be unlocked:
- A new vehicle that flies, allowing fast moving of the player over their megafactory (with planned stops like trains, so not necessarily to drive it manually)
- New fancy weapons that would go against even tougher baddies (perhaps flying ones that would ignore walls !)
- Some way to interact to "the outside" after the launch, so the rocket launches actually "go somewhere"

Other than these, good luck developing your expansion !
"Shut up and take my money !"

PaszaVonPomiot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PaszaVonPomiot »

Factorio is love, Wube is love too...

rldml
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rldml »

I want clearly a weather aspect more important in the game. There should be rainy days with less solar production. Even better with regional affects, which makes desserts more effective for solar.

And changing wind direction, which influences the direction of pollution, making it more unpredictable where next attack came from and raises the advantages of green modules even more.

There is so much to do, what makes Factorio even better than it is already

tamanous
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tamanous »

I'd like to apply for alpha/beta testing. :-)

chaoscode
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by chaoscode »

Well, i have 2 ideas.
It would be great to have the possibility to programm. A ingame microcontroller that works on user specified programms. Or a REST Interface for an external application.

another idea would be imgerium galactica 2 related.
Start on a planet, build up your economy, launch material into the orbit and produce ships in Orbit.
from there on you have space fights, colonialize new Planets and produce more and more.
(each planet is an own map)

Khlorghaal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Khlorghaal »

Factorio needs a good campaign, with a proper story.

I like the theory that the planet isnt alien, its earth after a bioweapon apocalypse.

Syd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Syd »

I'd really love if they could improve the depth of the game by adding weather, its effects on production (snow on solar so you need to build those in the desert maybe, etc.), or making pollution more important (adding the ability to dump unwanted liquids in the ocean? or instead the possibility of going full eco-friendly with 0 pollution?)

recall2000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by recall2000 »

I have only one question; where do I send my money? I can't wait. The modding community in Factorio is one of the best around, so not like we don't have enough content to last until the release. Pyanodon's will probably take me until at least the expansion arrives anyway! Excellent news indeed.

Return to “News”