Friday Facts #365 - Future plans

Regular reports on Factorio development.
dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #365 - Future plans

Post by dog80 »

so when will we get to know whats next in factorio? plz soon!

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

DLC or factorio 2?

I wonder...

xeln4g4
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xeln4g4 »

My vote goes to:

One big expansion pack !!!

Zinic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zinic »

I'm excited to learn the new stuff the devs are working on. Personally, I would love an expansion pack that focused on... exploration! I always had this idea that to claim fertile land ripe for exploiting, you'd have to defeat the "Queen" located deep in a cavern. Cavern because then you'd make use of the military tech and your prowess on foot as opposed to cheesing a victory by dropping nukes or using vehicles or "turret creeping".

Another idea I had is a suite expansion pack you can find while exploring. I think people would always be happy to be able to have more inventory or slots in their modular suite.

I believe the devs said at one point that this is a game about factory building and the other aspects are secondary, such as exploring or defending, but exploring can be fun and optional really. The ideas I had above wouldn't be necessary to do in order to launch the rocket.

doninwales
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by doninwales »

No updates for a year and a half....?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

doninwales wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:07 pm
No updates for a year and a half....?
You may want to check again. They've done 4 FFFs since, one of which was specifically on the Expansion.

doninwales
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by doninwales »

Yeah, my Bad :-(

I just clicked on the top post.

However.....have read the subsequent posts.....

#369 - April 2022 - a spoof post
#368 - Feb 2022 - Looking back
#367 - Feb 2022 - Probably the latest comments related to the 'future'......

So 6 months with no real update :-(

Am just frustrated....lol.... I want to get another/new 'fix'.

I've been back to Factorio multiple times, starting from scratch and building on the efficiencies I've learned from previous attempts.
But as soon as you get to rockets (and somewhat beyond) it gets a bit.....repetitive. (almost boring :-( )

I've tried other games - such as Satisfactory, but I've just never enjoyed them. (I hope Factorio 2 doesn't go 3D!)

I'm of the 'older generation' so I hope that the new Factorio appears before I become 'too' old to enjoy it... ;-)

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

doninwales wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:42 pm
Yeah, my Bad :-(

I just clicked on the top post.

However.....have read the subsequent posts.....

#369 - April 2022 - a spoof post
#368 - Feb 2022 - Looking back
#367 - Feb 2022 - Probably the latest comments related to the 'future'......

So 6 months with no real update :-(

Am just frustrated....lol.... I want to get another/new 'fix'.

I've been back to Factorio multiple times, starting from scratch and building on the efficiencies I've learned from previous attempts.
But as soon as you get to rockets (and somewhat beyond) it gets a bit.....repetitive. (almost boring :-( )

I've tried other games - such as Satisfactory, but I've just never enjoyed them. (I hope Factorio 2 doesn't go 3D!)

I'm of the 'older generation' so I hope that the new Factorio appears before I become 'too' old to enjoy it... ;-)
Well, there are mods. There are some large ones, too, like Kastorio2, Space Exploration, Industrial Revolution 2, Bob's mods, etc, that really change or expand upon the gameplay. (I personally haven't played the large ones because I don't like some of the changes or because I haven't wanted to deal with mod compatibility of the smaller ones I use, but they do have large followings.)

That aside, the devs are still here working on things. You can tell by the fact that they're continuing to release bug fixes and, if you check out the bug section, you'll notice there's even a "Fixed for 1.2" category, so you know they're still working on it. (There's not a lot in there, but this is mainly for bug reports that can't be or are harder to fix in 1.1.)

Personally, while it would be nice to get regular updates and glimpses into what they're doing (I mean, who wouldn't want that? :)), I do understand them not doing it as frequently as they were, and the mere fact that they're still doing regular bug fixes at the same time is enough for me to know they're still around and working. If they weren't even doing that or replying to people on the forums, then I'd start getting worried and wanting some news.

Aside from that (and I'd have to go back through everything to verify, which I'm not going to do, so unless there's someone around that knows differently off the top of their head), I believe the original planned release date was by the end of this year, anyway, so really, we're not that far off.

lacika2000
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lacika2000 »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:12 pm
Aside from that (and I'd have to go back through everything to verify, which I'm not going to do, so unless there's someone around that knows differently off the top of their head), I believe the original planned release date was by the end of this year, anyway, so really, we're not that far off.
So this is alright (if true!), and I don't mind the wait ultimately (there is so much to do!) but it would help tremendously to know from which day in December or the Christmas period onward I need to prepare my wife and family why they will not see me effectively throughout the day (and night)... :geek: :D

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

lacika2000 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:30 am
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:12 pm
So this is alright (if true!), and I don't mind the wait ultimately (there is so much to do!) but it would help tremendously to know from which day in December or the Christmas period onward I need to prepare my wife and family why they will not see me effectively throughout the day (and night)... :geek: :D
It’s not true… they’ve never announced a ‘planned release date’. They only thing they said was in this FFF: they think it will take more than a year. And sure enough, it has. It could still take 1, 2 or many more years, we just don’t know.
My mods: Factory Search | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Spidertron Engineer | Spidertron Weapon Switcher | Power Overload | Module Inserter Simplified | Ghost Warnings

Return to “News”