Friday Facts #362 - Menu simulation, Spidertron, Ghost building, Confirm button

Regular reports on Factorio development.
gtament
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #362 - Menu simulation, Spidertron, Ghost building, Confirm button

Post by gtament »

Please fix the issue with spidertron not building when too much ghosts!!!!!!!!!

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #362 - Menu simulation, Spidertron, Ghost building, Confirm button

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Klonan wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:13 am
Enderdraak wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:07 am
Klonan wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:04 am
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:02 am
I like it, does this mean you can now build a wall of rails to prevent a spidertron from going somewhere?
Spideyboi can still step between the rails:
Also when all those rails are curved?
I don't know what kind of intersections you will be making but I think it will be okay

This behavior feels really creepy and thus very realistic for spiders.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

Oh wow, you've just reminded me of the Locomotion (Transport Tycoon sequel) main menu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PwD6YIEKHQ

I didn't exactly realize the magnitude of how much I really wanted this. Thank you.

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

Fractaliste wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:59 pm
conn11 wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:01 pm
This and Blueprint Flip and Turn (credit: NovaM) the two missing features for making the Vanilla (none recursive) blueprint system (thanks for being able to re-edit BPs) complete.
I agree, one of the last utils before perfection !

I'd also add to this short list a way to insert item's icon into train stop name (like the existing way of placing pins on the map). I finally memorized the most commons one's, but for other I often need to look at the wiki...
Probably something like this mod (credit: LuziferSenpai).

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

Love all the changes that you are proposing for 1.1
are you planning at all to bring back the experimental to have the community help test these changes before they are added to the "stable" list? example 1.0.1

one thing about the spidertron becoming stuck on some paths, it might be useful to get a function to make it use some logic to path around areas instead of becoming stuck
*or the ability to have a string of paths, example, holding shift you can click the remote for the spidertron to go to location, click a second location and it will path to that location after pathing to the first, and you can get it to path around obstacles with a string of shift+clicks. perhaps also allow a patrol with say ctrl+shift click to create a loop for the spidertron to circle in.

thanks again and look forward to the next changes

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

Philip017 wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:48 pm
are you planning at all to bring back the experimental to have the community help test these changes before they are added to the "stable" list? example 1.0.1
1.1 will be released as experimental build.
Source: reddit

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MassiveDynamic »

Genius... as always. The electric poles not connecting at the end of a click drag session where you return to the base always drove me crazy, but I held my complaint hoping/knowing that you guys would fix it eventually.
The spidertron improvements are great, especially the legs moving out of the way.
Pure genius. Thanks guys.

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:22 am
Nice, but I was more thinking along the lines of PVP anti automatic spidertron defeneses
I love this potential rise of a pvp meta.

osldgoth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by osldgoth »

NEED: copy/paste to and from ghost entities

dimex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dimex »

Thanks for being soo much into the details, Wube continues to do the right things.
for me the Power ploe placeing fix is the best thing to happen, i cant count the times where i missed to place the last power pole.
Keep up the good work..

Edriel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Edriel »

So many nice QoL changes in 1.1!

Can't wait!

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

Philip017 wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:48 pm

one thing about the spidertron becoming stuck on some paths, it might be useful to get a function to make it use some logic to path around areas instead of becoming stuck
*or the ability to have a string of paths, example, holding shift you can click the remote for the spidertron to go to location, click a second location and it will path to that location after pathing to the first, and you can get it to path around obstacles with a string of shift+clicks. perhaps also allow a patrol with say ctrl+shift click to create a loop for the spidertron to circle in.

thanks again and look forward to the next changes
Its a MOD called Spidertrin Wayoints what make that
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SpidertronWaypoints

MtNak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MtNak »

This is the biggest QoL patch ever! Thank you so so so much for it! I really can't wait for all of this to be in the game. Love you! <3

Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Twisted_Code »

FFF #362 wrote:Well the solution we missed is so obvious. The connections inside the blueprint are strictly following the original, while the connections to the entities already existing on the map are being automatically created as before. So you should be able to use blueprints as before even if you don't care about the connections.
if I'm not mistaken, I suggested something almost identical to this in one of the threads (really a merged topic between multiple threads) begging for this feature. I'd have to look it the thread up to be sure (I think it was titled something like "Electric connections stored in blueprints") but I'm glad you're finally doing something about it that should hopefully work!
DOSorDIE wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:09 pm
Its a MOD called Spidertrin Wayoints what make that
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SpidertronWaypoints
I don't know about the guy you were replying to, but I'm definitely going to be adding that at some point. I'm so tired of my pet spiders getting stuck on water :P
How to report bugs effectively (archived version)because everyone should know this.
The game's tech tree, a visual reference guide.

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

One Friday I had forgot to check for any news on Factorio website I got a notification e-mail. Just splendid ;)

Shingen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shingen »

love the changes.
will placing/force-placing blueprints change the rotation of existing belts etc., or does it work only with manual ghost placing?

also: 1.1?
If i'm not mistaken that means having to change the Factorio version in settings of all mods. Are there any actual backwards-incompatible modding changes that would justify that?

and just btw...
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:17 pm
Look for the mod called, circuitissimo (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/circuitissimo) it allows for building in a box. no UPS drawback cuz the box you enter does not truly exist and is removed after you leave it.
you sure?
circuitissimo.png
circuitissimo.png (92.07 KiB) Viewed 7373 times

Jordanb716
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jordanb716 »

From the FFF it sounds like the main menu backgrounds will be little scenes, where after each one is done it starts a new one? Have you considered doing scenes that just loop infinitely? That seems like it would be much less visually noisy and appropriate for a main menu background. That's what I was initially imagining, scenes of small factories, artillery stations, train junctions, maybe a spidertron crosses the screen every once in a while. Having one and done scenes that just end and start a new one seems like it might be a bit jarring...

That said I'm sure it'll be a nice change regardless and I love all the other improvements as well! (Now if only we could have a way for trains to check their own cargo/fuel... :D)

Enderdraak
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Enderdraak »

Shingen wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:18 pm
love the changes.
will placing/force-placing blueprints change the rotation of existing belts etc., or does it work only with manual ghost placing?

also: 1.1?
If i'm not mistaken that means having to change the Factorio version in settings of all mods. Are there any actual backwards-incompatible modding changes that would justify that?

and just btw...
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:17 pm
Look for the mod called, circuitissimo (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/circuitissimo) it allows for building in a box. no UPS drawback cuz the box you enter does not truly exist and is removed after you leave it.
you sure?
circuitissimo.png
Yes, I am very sure, the layer is deleted AFTER you leave it, make a circuit inside it (from left to right) and than go back to the main world, you can even see the tiny combinators.

satchmo91
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by satchmo91 »

Thank you so much for this update! A lot of these are fantastic QoL improvements that I've been looking forward to for a long time. The power pole connection fix is one in particular that has really bugged me in the past. You guys are great. Thanks again!

Return to β€œNews”