Friday Facts #360 - 1.0 is here!

Regular reports on Factorio development.
plepper1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #360 - 1.0 is here!

Post by plepper1 »

I love the game. Thank you all for the amazing work you have put into making it what it is today!

Hooray for 1.0!!!

Solar Marine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Solar Marine »

Congratulations on the release and thank you so much for this amazing game!

There are hardly any games that can compare to how addictive and fun Factorio is. It's an absolute masterpiece of a game. Well done!

Ormek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ormek »

Hurray and Congratulations!
Reading these Facts, really made me feal like reaching the end of a successfull journey: Being happy :D to be there and being sad :( it is over. I am surprised, that this actually became emotional for me. I believe you really created a story with these Friday Facts. Well Done!

I am very happy for you.

Mur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mur »

Supported the game on indiegogo! glad to see the launch is finally here. You guys are some of the best devs out there, so much support and constant communications.

Kalixt
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kalixt »

I will miss FFF so much!

DaveKap
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaveKap »

Supported the highest tier possible over 6 years ago. Proud to have my name somehow, in some silly way, inside this game. Great job to everyone at Wube and I look forward to future patches and your next endeavor!

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

My heartfelt congratulations to the whole team.

I know from personal experience just how intense and stress filled it can be preparing for that first official release, so you all deserve a well earned rest.

FFF will be lamented. It has been a weekly highlight for myself amongst many, and I hope it will continue to stand as testament to the dedication, thought, struggles, and successes that the team has endured over the last eight and a half years. In many ways, the openness and engagement that the team have demonstrated should surely be looked upon as a touchstone in its own right.

Well done, and I wish you all continued success in the next iteration of Factorio, or indeed the next great project.

BrainFooLong
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BrainFooLong »

The best development process i've followed so far. That's an absolute masterpiece what you have done. Not just the game itself, it's your comminication what have made this a journey. Thx for everything.

urmet
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by urmet »

neocortex92 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:29 pm
Simple, still effective: Congratulations.

One Note: Guys have you seen the Playtimes on Steam? Nearly everybody stays at least 20 or more hours in this game. I've never really saw that before. Factorio is a masterpiece and you have made a digital drug. ;) :)
I dare to guess actual playtime is probably many times higher. I only have 1000 hours on steam, but multiple thousands outside it. Way easier to juggle 7 different heavily modded copies this way :D
First thousand was probably reached before it was even on steam :|

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Congratulations

And a huge thank you.
You showed the world how a game should be made and more importantly, how to build a great community.
The communication between the players and devs should be a Master class in game development courses.

Not playing that much lately, but I've always followed FFF ever since I moved on with life.

You guys rock!

maniak1349
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by maniak1349 »

Congratulations and thank you for the great game guys! Really looking forward for you next projects.

bripi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bripi »

August 14, 19XX, I entered this world. Many years later, receiving the BEST birthday present ever. Many thanks to the devs and community for all the hard work, patience, and effort. The game has been an inspiration.

S_Jacob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by S_Jacob »

I just want to add my CONGRATULATIONS to everyone else’s!

I first played in 1.11 and have played a full run through in every major version since. To be honest, it felt like a full game back in 1.11, so the fact that you’ve continued to add so much content and refinement since then is just amazing! (Although I’m one of those that still wants the game to end with building a massive space station to “bring me home.” :D )

Like many others, I’m totally shocked that you added the Spidertron. I thought that had dropped off the development plan years ago! So excited to get a new game going and check it out!

Finally, the end of FFF is definitely bittersweet. It’s been a weekend ritual for years to check out the blog. Going to be strange not to get any new updates! Definitely a well deserved break for you guys though.

Again, THANKS for all the incredible work and for making a game that has given so many people hundreds of hours of enjoyment. Good luck!

meganothing
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by meganothing »

What a way to leave EA on a high note. At least for us insiders.

Thank you for Factorio. And I'm full of anticipation whatever you plan to do next.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

The Spidertron surprise was brilliant! Hype is real. Instantly started a new game and rushed to the rocket. NowI start building an new megabase. Controlling everything from spidertron.

Thanks for the really awesome super duper game! After so many years playing it I still enjoy every minute.

Did you watch the incredibles lately?

It even has a remote control
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

laurelsforwube
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by laurelsforwube »

Dear Wube,

1.0 got me to create an account just to post this (edit : not so) little message that will probably be drowned in all the other congratulations from the community. Regardless, I had to.

Here's the thing : I'm barely a gamer, I'm not involved in the community, I barely follow any blog or forum, know nothing about the game industry or development process, am ignorant about what goes on behind the veil of the games I play.
And yet.
I bought Factorio some years ago and had the privilege of exploring that masterfully carved jewel of interactive entertainment, that kept getting better and better, against all expectations since it already seemed so complete.

I would read every FFF, every Friday, making them the only weekly thing I was faithful to, for years. They taught me, and others, so much, got me to love the team and community along with the game, and the game even more. 1.0 always seemed far, but no one in the community appeared to really care, we were enjoying the ride way too much for something as petty as that (necessary of course) formality. All along, I was in awe, almost disbelief, at the quality of your work and relationship with your customers, your attention to feedback and the humility with which you would redo, modify, or implement things based on that, even when it went against your initial instinct or preferences (beacons redesign is a fantastic example). All of that without giving in to various whims, hazardous temptations and shiny hollow new mechanics for a temporary "wow" effect, managing to keep everything in a balance that would make a clockmaker envious.

It went beyond just being good (remarkable) game developers. The attention to details, passion, endurance, respect and so much more could teach a lot to anyone in any industry. Factorio is in fact the perfect example of a game in which the most important difference along with brilliance, is the love that was put into it, and it shows. I think we all hope it will also pay! This is a game I'll keep recommending for a long time. I'm glad I had before, so I can now share the excitment for the long-awaited spidertron with friends who were ranted into buying Factorio! That little bonus alone says a lot about the fantastic way you do things. This "those who know will get it" gift feels like a small expression of nostalgia for the years of FFF and community interaction, where it would be mentioned repeatedly, a way to close that chapter in a beautiful and humorous throwback.
Again, I was not actively involved before today, but like others this nostalgia hits me along with the retrospective wonderment, the gratefulness for what we have and the excitment for what is to come!
Best of luck and courage with the work that is left. Don't forget to take a semblance of vacation, confident in the fact that the masterpiece you've left with us gives you some right to it.
With all that said, and much more unspoken about my admiration, I'll leave with a big fat thank you and congratulation!

PS : please release a book about Factorio's history and development, even a compilation of FFF would do. It's a saga too good not to be told.
Last edited by laurelsforwube on Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:43 am, edited 6 times in total.

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

It was an honor being in one of the FFF!

I really hope you guys decide to make some sort of map DLC which I could maybe work on! ;)

pil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pil »

360° what a nice number for 1.0 FFF
The circle is closing perfectlly.
Congratulations!

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Xterminator wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 am
Spidertron is HERE! Oh my god this thing looks amazing. I had hoped it would be here, and as always, you guys delivered!!

Thank you for all the amazing work you have done over the years!
Why does your signature have such old series? You should replace them with the 1.0 ongoing ones.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

lilstrip wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:35 am
It was an honor being in one of the FFF!

I really hope you guys decide to make some sort of map DLC which I could maybe work on! ;)
How were you in it?
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Return to “News”