Friday Facts #73 - Minds versus bytes.

Regular reports on Factorio development.
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Friday Facts #73 Minds versus bytes.

Post by ssilk »

Nova wrote:
ssilk wrote:
Nova wrote:People should accept that Factorio is not finished. There's no clear line of what "fits" Factorio because Factorio isn't even finished. Yeah, some ideas fit better than others, but it's an alpha, so everything can still change.
Factorio is a "Game Framework".
I have no idea what that sentence shall mean. :)
We had some discussions about, what type of genre Factorio is. I think Factorio is not a game in the common sense, it's a framework, which waits for using into different directions. It provides many basic game mechanics and the combinations of them are the game and are made by the player or modder and not the game developers. And what brought me to this idea was, what I've quoted.

PS: I added the quotes for this post, cause it was standing alone at first on a page.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

Its funny I've been thinking exactly the same thing. In fact because of this I don't think we need an "End" Game so much as just more new and different mechanics and an even more robust api so that we can make factorio what we want to play.

Ohz
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ohz »

ataaron wrote:The Rocket Lacks serious smoke effects
Hey ! That could be a great idea for a giant peak pollution, calling millions of aliens attacking you. I you send a ship, be sure it's well made, but also be prepared for a massive attack ! (just during the take-off, not forever)
I'm not english, sorry for my mistakes

FrozenOne
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FrozenOne »

Ohz wrote:
ataaron wrote:The Rocket Lacks serious smoke effects
Hey ! That could be a great idea for a giant peak pollution, calling millions of aliens attacking you. I you send a ship, be sure it's well made, but also be prepared for a massive attack ! (just during the take-off, not forever)
This. :P

Return to “News”