Friday Facts #347 - New hope demo levels

Regular reports on Factorio development.
conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #347 - New hope demo levels

Post by conn11 »

factoriouzr wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:37 am
Where is SPIDERTRON?
This has been discussed some weeks back:
posila wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:18 pm
I am trying to hype people up for disappointment so that when 1.0 is released, they can be pleasantly suprised they are not disappointed as much as they thought they would be. (But for real, Spidertron is not coming in 1.0 nor before)
source
The necessity for at least an improved bluprint library and, I would argue, a fluid dynamics overhaul dose exsist. It remain to be seen what else will be implenented before 1.0

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

conn11 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:58 pm
factoriouzr wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:37 am
Where is SPIDERTRON?
This has been discussed some weeks back:
posila wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:18 pm
I am trying to hype people up for disappointment so that when 1.0 is released, they can be pleasantly suprised they are not disappointed as much as they thought they would be. (But for real, Spidertron is not coming in 1.0 nor before)
source
The necessity for at least an improved bluprint library and, I would argue, a fluid dynamics overhaul dose exsist. It remain to be seen what else will be implenented before 1.0
Thanks for the information. I didn't see that comment.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

And then we draw the rest of the owl. Fix places where the automated cloning hasn’t been good enough, add more ruins to be explored, tweak the gameplay and we will have a finished scenario.
Klonan, how sad are you that, so far, noone read careful enough to notice this masterpiece? :lol:

How to draw an owl

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:32 pm
And then we draw the rest of the owl. Fix places where the automated cloning hasn’t been good enough, add more ruins to be explored, tweak the gameplay and we will have a finished scenario.
Klonan, how sad are you that, so far, noone read careful enough to notice this masterpiece? :lol:
I noticed ;)

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:32 pm

How to draw an owl
I noticed too. I read it more as a metaphor than a sneaky joke.
Image Image

Mur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mur »

I was playing though the tutorials again for fun sakes and the 4th one takes forever to get though the science, i would highly suggest giving the user some research speed or something to halve the amount of time needed.

EnerJi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EnerJi »

5thHorseman wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:07 pm
EnerJi wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:29 pm
Are there significant improvements to blueprints still planned? I'm still on 0.17 stable and I'm really looking forward to a proposed blueprint revamp that I thought I read about months ago?

The 0.17 blueprints implementation confuses, irritates, and bothers me in tons of small ways with the overall effect that I really despise using them despite knowing that I need to in order to advance my factory. :|
Sadly it looks like they won't, at least it's very likely they won't. Seems internally the blueprint code is a bit of a horror show.

From viewtopic.php?f=6&t=83790

All I can say is I agree with you and hope they'll revisit it some time after release.
Thanks for the insight. Fingers crossed they revisit this soon(ish). My personal humble priority list has blueprint improvement #1 by a big margin over anything else. The improvements in 0.18 are nice, but I'd trade them all for the current 0.17 stable + a complete and intuitive revision to blueprints.

Return to “News”