Friday Facts #71 - To the stars

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #71 To the stars

Post by Rahjital »

Well, the image is 9x11, but the actual building might be smaller, likely 9x9 or 9x10. Remember that power poles are only 1x1 even though they are much taller than just 32 pixels.

andzoak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by andzoak »

The shadows begins two rows below the top. So I think that its size is 9x9

mastermind
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mastermind »

launch system looks super awesome!!! :o

joe_trev
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by joe_trev »

its defiantly some sort of space thing. possibly a rocket launch pad / silo. looks like a 9x9 to me. keep up the amazing work devs :)

Plop and run
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Plop and run »

lol, will you pull that silo out of your pocket like other buildings?
Black blood of the factory

Johsuph
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Johsuph »

Nuclear launch silo to take care of large number of biter bases?

Alfdaur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Alfdaur »

Plop and run wrote:lol, will you pull that silo out of your pocket like other buildings?
LOL xD

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nemoricus »

Plop and run wrote:lol, will you pull that silo out of your pocket like other buildings?
Buildings too big to construct as one unit would be interesting, especially for game-changers like this one.

Ca_Putt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ca_Putt »

I spy a new electric engine sprite! :D
lol, will you pull that silo out of your pocket like other buildings?
I have to admit that that does unease me a bit, until now even the Roboport was imaginable as "just plonk down"(tho not from the pocket^^) but with this huge hole it does look a bit odd, to just place it like you would place a wooden box.

TheMas3212
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TheMas3212 »

Nemoricus wrote:Buildings too big to construct as one unit would be interesting, especially for game-changers like this one.
I agree that Buildings we cant just place out of our pocket would be interesting, kinda like how we have things that we can only craft in an assembly machine, we could have things that can only be built by construction robots

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Wow the silo look really great. The silo reminds me of an other game a played. Verry simular, but really this looks mutch cooler.

BrinCaspian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BrinCaspian »

I don't know where all the negative feedback about the idea of building a ship and taking it to sell goods was, but I think it would be great.

Just like in your factory, you should have to include enough supplies to make the trip, including setting up a shipboard factory to run major systems like engines and life support. I'm approaching 1 million Iron, just in case :D

The launch port looks awesome. I look forward to Alpha 0.12! Keep up the great work.

robhol
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by robhol »

Re: that "cascade of bug" flowchart - do you guys unit test properly? Any idea how much test coverage you've got?
窮屈そうに身を屈めても今じゃ誰もがそうしてる 天井の無いECHO ROOMに誰かが僕を放り込む
君のSPEEDでもって 同じPHRASEを弾いて 冷たい時に寄り添って

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nemoricus »

BrinCaspian wrote:I don't know where all the negative feedback about the idea of building a ship and taking it to sell goods was, but I think it would be great.

Just like in your factory, you should have to include enough supplies to make the trip, including setting up a shipboard factory to run major systems like engines and life support. I'm approaching 1 million Iron, just in case :D

The launch port looks awesome. I look forward to Alpha 0.12! Keep up the great work.
You can find it in the Friday Facts thread where they announced it. Personally, I love the space-based ideas. The mercantile, "make yourself a rich bastard" parts, not so much. Now, colonization, and automating the supply and defense of outposts, towns, cities, all the way up to metropolises would be quite interesting.

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

I would personally like an end game that makes me want to keep building larger and larger. Maybe the space port is just a way to ship back huge expensive items to the home world. So your score is how much you can export per minute.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

BrinCaspian wrote:I don't know where all the negative feedback about the idea of building a ship and taking it to sell goods was, but I think it would be great.

The negative feedback was not to the idea of building a ship and selling goods, but to 'becoming a rich bastard' being endgame content. The basic problem was that it's a 'cheap' ending, and that most people thought something better was coming.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

But as I understood them, this "rich bastard" ending is that ending, which enables them to go to steam. I mean, they need some "completed ending", to go for it, just logical reasons. Other endings can follow, the colonization idea for example, or going into space/other planets, or (I would like that) going green and be a friend of the biters defend their plant from other rich bastards, but obviously that is much more work to be done, than just beeing a rich bastard.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

How has nobody commented that there is no way to get the construction robots out of the factories to the right?

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

That graphic is extremely epic! :D I am super excited! But can only really agree with what other people are saying about preferably not making it something you plop down out of your pocket like everything else. xD Also I like the idea of launching off the planet into space, but I think it needs more than just that, or more than just getting endlessly rich. Colonization of other areas, and new materials and stuff would be the best solution in my opinion.
If it is going to be just about earning cash, at least maybe add some way to spend it to improve your factory, or some expenses or something. That might make that idea a bit more reasonable. :)
Image Image Image

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MalContentFL »

That space launcher texture looks amazing! I can't wait. Keep up the good work.

Return to “News”