Friday Facts #300 - Special edition

Regular reports on Factorio development.
luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #300 - Special edition

Post by luc »

kovarex wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:49 pm
Someone noticed. I'm almost a nutrition expert now :) And feel 20 years younger.
I hadn't noticed, but looking at the progress now, congrats! And kudos for not taking Drury's post the wrong way, this could be read as very offensive and for a minute I wondered why it wasn't removed yet :P I'm really happy you feel such a positive improvement :)

OutOfNicks
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OutOfNicks »

Just some <3 to all of Wube!

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

eradicator wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:17 pm
@sanqui:
Did you do the translation yourself or were you "only" involved with the technical background?
I have some elementary Japanese skills that I put to use sometimes, but not enough to translate dialogue. We have other brilliant translators on the team. We've been working on the translation patch for over ten years now and the tools I made for the translation were a part of my progress in learning programming. I even learned assembly and finally understood C thanks to that.
ovo

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _aD »

Congratulations on this milestone, one that marks not just the fruitful development of the game, but also your dedication to engagement with your fans. I'm sure I speak for many of us when I thank you all for making us feel part of Factorio, not just mere consumers of the game but each as a belt that helps the Factory grow. As it must.

Thank you!

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

luc wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:09 pm
kovarex wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:49 pm
Someone noticed. I'm almost a nutrition expert now :) And feel 20 years younger.
I hadn't noticed, but looking at the progress now, congrats! And kudos for not taking Drury's post the wrong way, this could be read as very offensive and for a minute I wondered why it wasn't removed yet :P I'm really happy you feel such a positive improvement :)
No hard feelings, I'm genuinely very happy for him ;)

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

First thing I noticed was the weight loss congrats, read while back you wanted to get fit again and you did it ! Confrats 8-)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I concur, you, guys, are amazing (and also all those who have contributed with you, but have gone their own way).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Dry Hairy Tree
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dry Hairy Tree »

That was really interesting. A lot of skills and individual thinkers/problem solvers - helps explain the attention to detail we get to enjoy.

Bit of a sausage fest - do ladies apply for your jobs? :lol:

Great to see Kovarex looking so trim and well. Some team members might benefit from some organised outdoor time. This in turn will raise the game of the team entire.

Two hours a week in nature is a scientifically determined period to help humans unwind from the modern world - Shinrin-Yoku. For me it brings back focus when the head is swimming in too many details.

I have an ulterior motive - I want to read Friday Facts 1000.

Thanks for the insights. Go well.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

luc wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:09 pm
kudos for not taking Drury's post the wrong way, this could be read as very offensive and for a minute I wondered why it wasn't removed yet :P
Because this isn't Twitter, nor are they from the USA.

Korvarex is looking great and it reminds me of when I flipped my bad habits and feeling younger than ever by getting fit and being so nutritionally knowledgeable that I could possibly earn a nutrition degree with it. So good on you man for getting in shape and living the long healthy life...

... After all, you may be fixing Factorio bugs until you're 100. Muahahaha.

J-H
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by J-H »

I like how most of the games that I played the heck out of and enjoyed the most are represented in these bios. The only one missing is Baldur's Gate 2 (and BG1 was listed).

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

Thanks for sharing this unique info on the team!

zombieroboninja
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zombieroboninja »

Really great post, you guys are awesome!

Spirch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Spirch »

xeen, might and magic ... good memories there and about 40 disk to install if i remember correctly!

Rebmes
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rebmes »

Thanks for taking the time and sharing a little bit of yourselves; you guys are the dream team, way to go!!

MrBuisson
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MrBuisson »

I’m surprised to see many Dune II lovers that didn’t make the jump to Total annihilation. I always thought the two games to be quite close (my two favorites pre millennium games)
Quite a surprised also to see how big your team got !

PiMan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PiMan »

At first I was surprised that so many of you love Supaplex, but then I remembered it was made in Europe and so would have been more accessible for you than it was for people near me (i.e. in Australia). I don't think I've heard anyone talk about that game outside my family before; pretty sure my dad downloaded it off some BBS somewhere in the relatively early days of home internet.
This is the first I've learned of there being a mobile version, since it isn't mentioned on the wikipedia page or the game's alleged official website. Best I can tell, it is an unofficial port, since I haven't been able to find any official link between the original Swiss developers or publisher and the current Russian developers.

Unknow0059
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Unknow0059 »

Every time I play other games and experience the inevitable performance problems they have my mind goes over just what they might have done wrong, or what the language they're using is doing wrong that's causing the performance problems.
That's partially why I love the Factorio team. I had assumed it was just the whole team that was into optimization, but is it just Rseding?

Everyone in the team seems to love Supaplex, huh.

Ernestas looks like he's seen some shit.

Wow, Sanqui's an admin in The Cutting Room Floor? That place is so cool, it's awesome there's someone like that in the team. I really like archival efforts.

This was a great post. Really lovely to read. I'm sure it'll inspire lots of folks to follow whatever careers they're looking to get into.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

hmm, so many people likes supaplex :mrgreen:

i wonder, why nobody mentioned dynablaster tho', they are not that much apart (both released 1991), and it was best single pc multiplayer game (up to 4 payers) :cry:

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

Factorio Team wrote: Since we hopefully won't get to another round number like this before finishing the game, we would like to make this one a little bit different.
Somebody needs to read #299 again. :P

Congrats guys!

Cyclonut
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyclonut »

Wow, interesting read, good format and good to know that the team is working good together on the game that I love so much. You guys are so much younger than me, and managed to create such a great game. Its good to read that you all have special interests, so the game can go and evolve. I am just starting to play more mods, latest being Space Exploration and AAI Industries, to get more out of the vanilla game. This is bringing new unknowns, in which I will figure out new things, so exciting. I intend to circle back and learn more about signals and networks, but am already using some. Keep writing the FFF's, it is the first thing I do when I come home on Friday while I eat my dinner in the US. Much thanks!

Return to β€œNews”