Friday Facts #280 - Visual Feedback is the king

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #280 - Visual Feedback is the king

Post by Oktokolo »

mrvn wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:16 am
Oktokolo wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:54 am
mrvn wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:05 pm
There is still some way after the waypoint stop. But no path. But let's ask that question too: What happens if the train tracks end right after the stop?
The train stops at the stop because it cant path to the next stop after it. That is the current train behaviour and i see no reason why it should change. Whether the train would normally pause on the station or not should make no difference other from deciding when to start decellerating.
But when will it make that decision.
At the same time as it does it now when seeing a yellow or red signal. The engine knows how fast the train is and how long it will need to stop. It calculates when it has to reserve a block. The only difference is, that the train is not stopping on a signal, but on a station in case of not beeing able to path to the next station because of nonexisting rail.

McDuff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by McDuff »

There are a few nice ideas of what could be done to make the train schedule way more powerful in the endgame (Train names, Train groups, conditional stations), but this will have to wait until some future time.
Homer Simpson With Tongue Hanging Out Dot Gif

17.2 is gonna be great ;)

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

McDuff wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:28 pm
17.29 is gonna be great ;)
FTFY.

Cazurro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cazurro »

Good evening! I have a suggestion to make the toolbar free so that it can be dragged and fixed where it is more convenient. And also to be able to disable it if the toolbar is not needed. My English is not very good, but I hope you will understand me.

Return to “News”