Friday Facts #277 - GUI progress update

Regular reports on Factorio development.
vaderciya
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #277 - GUI progress update

Post by vaderciya »

Pertaining to the wave defense map.

I think that having either a handfull of wave defense maps (Almost like a mini campaign) would be the best option, as you can make several different maps that have some similiarities in common, while being able to fine tune their difficulty, resource placement, and custom biter movements and attacks.

Or.
Perhaps making a specialized kind of scenario setting that generates a new, random map every time, but follows certain rules and guidelines to help craft the map into something that would be more interesting as a wave defense map, and not something that's just a normal sandbox map with "Wave defense" stamped onto the front.

I personally lean towards the first idea, as we are severely lacking in custom scenarios that are well crafted and have some longevity to them(aren't easily completed very quickly) as well as some custom rules and circumstances where we can do things differently to how we build our factories in the normal sandbox mode.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #277 - GUI progress update

Post by foodfactorio »

hi, the 'reset to default' button and the feature of showing you which options have been changed, is a cool idea :)

but, please can you increase the border size of the highlighting by at least 1 more pixel
or to make the border highlight in "red" color please, because i think this will make it much easier to see the highlighted areas.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Return to “News”