Friday Facts #256 - The little things 3

Regular reports on Factorio development.
eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #256 - The little things 3

Post by eradicator »

dog80 wrote:see "static charge" -- try blowing into your mouse, so moisture gets to the contact - works for me
I didn't know static charge lasted for several month or had that effect, the internet usually suggests to open up the mouse and clean it (but i didn't want to break the sliders to get to the screws). Whatever actual effect blowing into the mouse did have...it seems to have worked though, at least temporarily. I'll see about long term :D. Thanks for the tip.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

Any eta for 0.17?

Prezombie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Prezombie »

That belt immunity item feels like a rather hacky thing. It would make a lot more sense to grandfather this feature into robolegs, or make a whole new item that lets you hover over the gamefield, ignoring belt movement and letting you effectively phase through buildings.

kevmurray
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kevmurray »

dog80 wrote:how does the belt-immunity-equipment actually work? is it a hoverboard, a machine that you can fly? or sth that pushes you accordingly in the opposite direction while you stand on a belt, which would look super weird... please provide a realistic scetch regards
It's just a "Heely" that snaps on the exoskeleton. The only reason they would be expensive is if you had to build the Walmart to get them ;)

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

So many nice additions! It looks really like 0.17 will have many fun things. It's like when Minecraft in its earlier days got new stuff, but without all the bugs and unfixed stuff. :D
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

rcbrito91
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rcbrito91 »

Does anyone know what is the pink icon on the edge of dropped item square?

Karamel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Karamel »

The problem is that for performance reasons, we only process a small number of these orders each tick, and with a list that is quite large, it can take quite some time to process the new blueprint you just placed down.
Wouldn't this problem be completely solved by simply inserting new ghosts to the head of whatever part of the list will be checked the next turn, rather than at tail? That way new orders effectively pre-empt old ones, which are resumed afterwards, leading to zero latency regardless of list size.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Koub wrote:I also +1 the suggestion that belt immunity should be a feature of the exoskeleton. Once you are able to crank exoskeletons in your power armor, you don't need the small boost the belts can provide you that much any more.
+1 to the general idea. (Although maybe implement it with an additional research that adds belt immunity to exoskeletons).

WIZ4
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by WIZ4 »

rcbrito91 wrote:Does anyone know what is the pink icon on the edge of dropped item square?
infinity chest
My native language is russian. Sorry if my messages are difficult to read.

Kalamel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kalamel »

All good!

Only thing I don't like on this FFF is the name, 'Belt immunity'. Can we make better name for it? Like 'Smart boots', 'Hover shoes', etc,? Well I don't really serious about it anyway.

CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CzBuCHi »

Items not spilling on belts:
- so no more reloading last save? :o)

Tile ghost tweak:
- can u create 3rd list for deconstructing things - and make that list priority? - because often i found bot hovering over tree marked for deconstruction, to place item ... which can lead to all bots chilling in forest and nothing gets build ...

Belt Immunity Equipment:
- as others wrote here: make this as exosceleton MK2 (add exosceleton to your recipe and call it a day) so it will not drive ocd people crazy :)
- also: belt running speed bonus should be be removed if using this - so it also has some drawback ...

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

Hello devs,
Speaking to little things, can you include the blueprints library in the steam cloud because it is very annoying to have two different libraries when playing on 2 computers

Thx
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Kalamel wrote:All good!

Only thing I don't like on this FFF is the name, 'Belt immunity'. Can we make better name for it? Like 'Smart boots', 'Hover shoes', etc,? Well I don't really serious about it anyway.
Hover Belt
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Antoneeee
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Antoneeee »

One thing i would like to see in 1.17 is the trees and inserters shadows fixed.

Enricthered
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Enricthered »

give credit to the modders that have had the belt immunity item since .016 or even earlier

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

BlueTemplar wrote: Image
Is that an icon from Diablo 2 made by Blizzard?

TigBits
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TigBits »

Enricthered wrote:give credit to the modders that have had the belt immunity item since .016 or even earlier
Modders didn't create belt immunity[Moderated by Koub].

Beuteschema
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beuteschema »

the last two fffs were so amazing i cant decide what i want more: the next fff or 0.17!

nickcombs
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nickcombs »

Ghost build priority is solved if new ghosts go on top of the stack in a LIFO system.

Edit: Btw. any updates on the official implementation of early game logi/con bots?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Faark wrote:
Belt Immunity
Does that "stabilizer" only apply when standing or do we also loose the "running on belt" speed bonus?
Tile ghost tweak
I always wondered why different logistic networks don't have separate queues. That basically prevents critical modifications on my outpost while having huge long term projects (concrete solar farm) queued. Per network just seems so natural. A per force limit could still apply, if necessary.
Construction zones can overlap and then you have to deal with items in multiple queues. Would make the code more complex.

Return to “News”