Friday Facts #238 - The GUI update (Part II)

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #238 - The GUI update (Part II)

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

Oktokolo wrote:
S7E wrote:Where are the green blocks? =(
April 20th and 21th. Pretty easy to spot for the people with mainstream color vision.
That said: The overall color theme of that GUI ist one of the most ugliest beasts i've ever seen (including game GUIs - and i did use a C64 for gaming back then).
It's a skin. The user cannot only choose a skin, but can also create his/her own skin. Sort of like WinAmp if that means anything to you (and you are over 30). So, you could also have black & white skinned buttons with gray backgrounds and such if you don't want to see any colours.

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote: It's a skin. The user cannot only choose a skin, but can also create his/her own skin. Sort of like WinAmp if that means anything to you (and you are over 30). So, you could also have black & white skinned buttons with gray backgrounds and such if you don't want to see any colours.
Now that changes a lot: Skins are generally more ugly and the uglyness score is the difference between the median unglyness and the uglyness of the skin to score. So as a skin, it jumps up a category. Sadly you missed the finals for the most uglyest skin due to that. But you could apply again with another skin.
:P

Yes, Winamp was my favorite music player for quite a while (most of that time it also was my only media player). It was great and i also made a simplistic gray skin for it back then. But there are more comfortable and versatile alternatives now. On Windows i use the MPC-HC that is included in the CCCP and on Linux i use SMPlayer.

S7E
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by S7E »

Oktokolo wrote:
S7E wrote:Where are the green blocks? =(
April 20th and 21th. Pretty easy to spot for the people with mainstream color vision.[...]
Thanks. Really hard to see it at all. =/

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

AlienZoo23 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:08 pm
  • look at the progess bar for whatever science you are researching and say how many more science packs are needed to complete it (matters most early game; why is there no popup when I mouse over the bar?);
  • the production and power screens show truncated values once the numbers get too high because otherwise they won't fit readably - but again why no popup with the exact number when I mouse over an item?;
Yes please!
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

Return to “News”