Friday Facts #207 - Lua noise specification

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Dark_Lightning
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #207 - Lua noise specification

Post by Dark_Lightning »

Wonderful work! Keep it up devs!
Dark

vaderciya
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vaderciya »

SaintFlow wrote:I thought that 0.15 was the start of HD Textures and you will just push out more of the Textures as soon as you get them done. Seems not to be the case, why? :) I'd like those textures way better in the game i can play than only visible in fff's again!
I agree with you. They should just roll out the new textures whenever they're finished. It feels like instead of feeding us continually, they're going to release all the new textures with .16 and part of that is so we focus on the new textures more, and not focus on how little is probably going to be in the update.
I would much rather have a small cake every once in a while, than 1 3 story cake once a year. Just give us the features you've finished!!!!

POPISowyNumer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by POPISowyNumer »

With them oceans being biggered and biggered I think it is finest time to start adding some better methods of transportation, even if those would be just T2 trains that run on electricity, with a dash of automatic rail laying.

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

Why not handle the start location like Minecraft? You have the system pick the spot, then if it's invalid it spirals outward until it finds a valid spot. You'd just need to place the starting area features after you find a valid spot.

The problem: island starts are too common

The solution: stop making land under the start area and make the start area over land. This will make island starts still happen but a truly isolated island start will be rare and special for the seed collectors but not something the average player is likely to ever have to deal with. Starting on an island with a short distance to shore is also fine because they can make landfills. Since landfills are in the game, "usually" becomes good enough. Usually the player starts on the mainland. Usually when they don't, they start on an island near shore.

atloomis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by atloomis »

Is it possible to import jpegs/pngs as maps, allowing creating maps graphically?

Escadin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Escadin »

Is there any chance we will get actual elevations in game? Even if it's just a binary system like in older RTS games, I think that would add a lot to the game. Of course, you probably want to save yourself the trouble of modeling railway bridges etc.. However, cosmetic variety can only achieve so much. A landscape without mountains....well.

Imagine we had 3 more entities: Bridges for trains and players and automatic belt to belt elevators. Others structures cannot be built on ledges.

I think it would also be interesting to have rivers. Is it possible to tweak that noise so we can have rivers?

Sorry for my late reply.
"--? How are commands compounded in a compounded compound command commanding compound composts." -defines.lua

Return to “News”