Friday Facts #196 - Back on track

Regular reports on Factorio development.
luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #196 - Back on track

Post by luc »

Is the Wireshark dissector going to be contributed back to the community?

I've done some effort on decoding the protocol before but it's a super slow process. Looking at the printscreened dissection, there is a lot of stuff in there that I didn't know existed, so it's an impossible task to do as community effort.

xenosteel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xenosteel »

My feedback regarding tutorials:

As mentioned by some, they felt too long sometimes and they got past the "I got it!" point.

I suggest the following:

Separate "Tutorials" and create an "Exercises" (or better name) section. Put the tedious and practical stuff in the exercises section, and design the tutorials section to just give the principle idea.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Alice3173 wrote:I think the game could really do with some more info on input and output of a given building. It'd help a lot for figuring out optimal builds, especially if you complicate things with modules or inconsistent supply chains.
That too. If I've got a machine running at 3.68 speed and 40% productivity on an item that takes 18.5 seconds to craft, how many items per minute is that? A cycle about every 5 seconds, that's 12 per minute plus 40% productivity so 17? That's a lot of calculating for a rough estimate (it's actually 16.7) - when playing something like Bob's Mods where machine crafting times can be a bit awkward (especially with more, stronger modules) and craft times can be like 7.3s the rough calculations get a lot less accurate.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “News”