Friday Facts #44 - Decision making

Regular reports on Factorio development.
BinaryMan
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #44 - Decision making

Post by BinaryMan »

I would make a tank just to roll over trees. Using the shotgun to clear them can be tedious and the car just stops and crashes. I am thinking the tank is slower than the car but maybe that makes it easier to control (well I guess speed is moot if you can crush terrain obstacles). It would be nice to explore in vehicle finally; I don't bother with the car usually. Would be good for clearing a straight path to something.

Skellitor301
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Skellitor301 »

one idea that crossed my mind is why not make the tanks customizable? basically build the base components and then have the extra weapon slots for a more custom arsenal, but of course with a supported weight limit to avoid early overpowered tanks.

Like the early chassis can support a low tier tank body and a minigun and it's ammo? basically an armored car, and you can work your way up a side tech tree to build bigger, stronger tanks as you progress, being able to add and change out weapons in an assembler or a garage perhaps?

Just to throw a few ideas out there for you guys :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Skellitor301 wrote:one idea that crossed my mind is why not make the tanks customizable? basically build the base components and then have the extra weapon slots for a more custom arsenal, but of course with a supported weight limit to avoid early overpowered tanks.

Like the early chassis can support a low tier tank body and a minigun and it's ammo? basically an armored car, and you can work your way up a side tech tree to build bigger, stronger tanks as you progress, being able to add and change out weapons in an assembler or a garage perhaps?

Just to throw a few ideas out there for you guys :)
Yes, we might make the tank customizable later on, but first we will make simple tank, and we shall see later with the customization.

Return to “News”