Friday Facts #193 - Party planning & plans

Regular reports on Factorio development.
psychomuffin
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #193 - Party planning & plans

Post by psychomuffin »

I wish I could make it to the party, but it is a bit far from Hawaii...
Also, I really like the new inserters. I found out about the update before reading this post. I was playing, and zoomed in, and thought, "wow, those inserters look nice, like really nice... wait, those are high res!"

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

PacifyerGrey wrote:Please take a close look to RSO resource generation. It is so popular for a reason. Vanilla resource placement is really bad atm.
have you tried rail world?

it might be not best with some mods, since rso takes in account also ores usage in tech tree, but still it's quite good preset for map and similar to what rso does.

bulldog98
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by bulldog98 »

I tried “Rail world” and it still feels like you do not really need trains and patches are still not that far away from each other.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

Will there be any party stream?

Niko_Dreamer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Niko_Dreamer »

I'm glad that this game is progressing very well, but for a while now, curved rails have been deleted from the game and I was wondering when it was getting fixed since you can't link up anything with a railroad unless it's in a straight line
My signature was too large so an admin has moved it into this spoiler tag

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Niko_Dreamer wrote:I'm glad that this game is progressing very well, but for a while now, curved rails have been deleted from the game and I was wondering when it was getting fixed since you can't link up anything with a railroad unless it's in a straight line
See here.

Martinowitsch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Martinowitsch »

Niko_Dreamer wrote:I'm glad that this game is progressing very well, but for a while now, curved rails have been deleted from the game and I was wondering when it was getting fixed since you can't link up anything with a railroad unless it's in a straight line
you don't need curved rails anymore, use the green(direct placing) or yellow arrows(with shift+left click) on existing rails and make your curve

Lilly
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lilly »

If the terrain imagery is being updated, then it would be nice to have the water turn dark blue/black during the nights, as it is no longer reflecting sunlight. Now the water looks like blue irradiant goo at night.

webkilla
Inserter
Inserter

Post by webkilla »

Lilly wrote:If the terrain imagery is being updated, then it would be nice to have the water turn dark blue/black during the nights, as it is no longer reflecting sunlight. Now the water looks like blue irradiant goo at night.
well depending on the polution levels...

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

When you are at terrain rework stuff, please give us an option to prevent overlapping resource patches.

Anyone
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anyone »

With terrain transitions to water, does that mean we get stone/concrete to water as well? It's fairly annoying (from an aesthetic point of view) to not be able to connect concrete to water. If water will get reworked, does that also mean we get different types of water? I know there's some darker water (more greenish), but it's never used in map-generation.

Steelsky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Steelsky »

Anyone wrote:With terrain transitions to water, does that mean we get stone/concrete to water as well? It's fairly annoying (from an aesthetic point of view) to not be able to connect concrete to water. If water will get reworked, does that also mean we get different types of water? I know there's some darker water (more greenish), but it's never used in map-generation.
I like this idea, it does look somewhat untidy that we can't make a "pier" type structure out into the water or a clear seawall type border between concrete and water.

/S

ske
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ske »

Thanks you guys for the party and those attending, it was great meeting all of you!

Return to “News”