Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Bergzwerg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by Bergzwerg »

cant wait to play again. 1373hrs on steam now :>

please dont forget filtered chests :(

r0nalxd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by r0nalxd »

So many amazing changes!
Suggestion - Rocket payloads
AMAZING job by the developers, really, thank you so much for your hard work :o

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

My body is ready for Tuesday :mrgreen:
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

yoh1612 wrote:So will old saves be compactible with 0.15? Because the new boilers are 2x3
If it's anything like previous updates, old saves will be... partially compatible. They WILL load, however the boiler will either be missing, or it will be there but not actually work, and require you to "Mine" the boilers, and re-place them in an order that makes sense to the new layout.

Apparently, 1 boiler will directly power 2 steam engines now, instead of 3 requiring 4 boilers. So if you had the 14 powering 10, you'll now need to replace those 14 boilers with 5 new ones. Don't forget also that the layout is completely different.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:My body is ready for Tuesday :mrgreen:
Tuesday night after work... This is when I die.

ALL MODS BROKEN!!!

I suspect that some like my library will be a simple fix (Change factorio version tag to 0.15, and done) While others like the power mod will require a fair bit of reworking.

There's 2 types of steam engine now, and 2 types of boiler (Burner power and heat pipe), plus the size change in base game boilers. I'm going to have a fun time coming up with new stats for everything. It might be fun to try and work both base game steam engines into my progression, or maybe end up doing two different progressions entirely.

This is basically why I didn't do anything to prepare for 0.15 so far, with news like this latest FFF I would have had to start again anyway.

I'm hoping that heat pipe is just a power source, so both boilers are the same entity type with different stats set, same with the Steam engine and turbine, I hope they're just the same entity with different stats set.

I also like the idea that fluids flow through entities (Like Boilers, Steam engines and now the new mining drill), So I'm thinking my Electrolyser should have a single input box rather than two, and input pipes connected to the sides rather than the front/back, so a line of Electrolysers will require a single input feed, and flow through them all. (I'm fairly sure all recipes require only a single input fluid now, so having two inputs is redundant.)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

liij
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by liij »

Could someone tell me the exact time of 0.15 release? UTC time and date please.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

bobingabout wrote:I'm hoping that heat pipe is just a power source, so both boilers are the same entity type with different stats set, same with the Steam engine and turbine, I hope they're just the same entity with different stats set.
Yes, yes and yes. Heat pipe is power source, boiler and heat exchanger are same entity type. And steam engine and turbine are same entity type.

illmaren
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by illmaren »

liij wrote:Could someone tell me the exact time of 0.15 release? UTC time and date please.
I want to know that as well...need to work tommorow and so i can see if I can play tommorow at all ;$

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

They probably don't know. They'll probably be running tests right up until they release it and if they find anything moments beforehand and maybe the build takes longer than expected or a thousand other variables it could be delayed for a few hours. They might still be waiting on a graphic or two. They might not even have a time they intend to release it, just whenever everyone gives the green light. Regardless they clearly don't want to commit to a time.

Speaking from my experience performing software releases I'd expect it to be in the morning (Prague time GMT +2) as early as they can make it, they'll want to be on hand for any issues that arise for as long as possible.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:Regardless they clearly don't want to commit to a time.
There's a clear and reasonable time they will release: Soon™. :mrgreen:
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Klonan wrote:
Deadly-Bagel wrote:Why was the 0.15 pre-release topic on the forums and Reddit removed?
I made a mistake by releasing it early, so I deleted the threads

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused
Also the video who got the notes leaked to early and a reprimand to the person who giving out to youtubers ;)?

McRib
Inserter
Inserter

Post by McRib »

bobingabout wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:My body is ready for Tuesday :mrgreen:
Tuesday night after work... This is when I die.

ALL MODS BROKEN!!!

I suspect that some like my library will be a simple fix (Change factorio version tag to 0.15, and done) While others like the power mod will require a fair bit of reworking.

There's 2 types of steam engine now, and 2 types of boiler (Burner power and heat pipe), plus the size change in base game boilers. I'm going to have a fun time coming up with new stats for everything. It might be fun to try and work both base game steam engines into my progression, or maybe end up doing two different progressions entirely.

This is basically why I didn't do anything to prepare for 0.15 so far, with news like this latest FFF I would have had to start again anyway.

I'm hoping that heat pipe is just a power source, so both boilers are the same entity type with different stats set, same with the Steam engine and turbine, I hope they're just the same entity with different stats set.

I also like the idea that fluids flow through entities (Like Boilers, Steam engines and now the new mining drill), So I'm thinking my Electrolyser should have a single input box rather than two, and input pipes connected to the sides rather than the front/back, so a line of Electrolysers will require a single input feed, and flow through them all. (I'm fairly sure all recipes require only a single input fluid now, so having two inputs is redundant.)
We feel with you... and wait that YOU fix it ;).

I already see the comments... when you are finished? ;)

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Devs, thank you for awesome game, best game i have bought for a long long time.
Bob, thank you for making this great game even better.

Tepalus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tepalus »

What will happen when i create a new map with the mapeditor today and start to play it tomorrow?

Will there be uranium or not?

I want to make a nice island to test the new stuff but i just have enough time to make the island today and it would be sad if i couldn't find any uranium ore tomorrow on the map.
Factorio in a Nutshell
try and error, try and error, try and success
once again it is friday, once again i'm waiting for the news
hour for hour for hour it goes, where it stops nobody knows

joon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by joon »

Tepalus wrote:What will happen when i create a new map with the mapeditor today and start to play it tomorrow?

Will there be uranium or not?
Not on already discovered chunks but new discovered chunks after the 0.15 update probably will have the new generation going, but can't say for sure.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

bobingabout wrote:Apparently, 1 boiler will directly power 2 steam engines now, instead of 3 requiring 4 boilers. So if you had the 14 powering 10, you'll now need to replace those 14 boilers with 5 new ones. Don't forget also that the layout is completely different.
Thanks for this, while I intend on trying discovering most of .15 recipes and configurations on my own, this is a piece of information which is useful but doesn't really ruin anything.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

posila wrote:
bobingabout wrote:I'm hoping that heat pipe is just a power source, so both boilers are the same entity type with different stats set, same with the Steam engine and turbine, I hope they're just the same entity with different stats set.
Yes, yes and yes. Heat pipe is power source, boiler and heat exchanger are same entity type. And steam engine and turbine are same entity type.
That's the information many were waiting for - excellent - thank you.
Now the basics are clear

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Will 0.15 auto update when bought from the developers website or will there be a dedicated page?

Peacem4ker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Peacem4ker »

Does anyone know, what time 0.15 will be released? Or does anyone know, what time, the earlier versions were released? At 12am? And what timezone?

illmaren
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by illmaren »

Peacem4ker wrote:Does anyone know, what time 0.15 will be released? Or does anyone know, what time, the earlier versions were released? At 12am? And what timezone?
no one seems to answer that question...its not the first time it was asked

Return to “News”