Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Post Reply
User avatar
Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by Killkrog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Finally :D
Good job guys!

joon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by joon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Damn, I'm not even halfway through and it's already the most exciting Friday Facts ever. And yes, I scrolled down already to check... :D

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 691
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by kinnom » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:02 pm

giustizieri25 wrote:Launching rockets and receiving back new science ... you are absolute GENIUSES !!!
I know I had a life, but now I have Factorio with infinite research ... thanks for ruining me! :P
you got factorio 10 months ago. no way you still have a life
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

slindenau
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by slindenau » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:02 pm

authorized411 wrote:
Hanse00 wrote:Just to clarify, when you say we can help play on Tuesday, will this be some closed server testing deal, or will it just be released publicly as a beta version?
If it's like previous major version releases, it will be opt-in beta in Steam.
Please confirm this...
My mod: "Auto Deploy Destroyers" (follower robots) viewtopic.php?f=97&t=24545

User avatar
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 3592
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by Klonan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:03 pm

slindenau wrote:
authorized411 wrote:
Hanse00 wrote:Just to clarify, when you say we can help play on Tuesday, will this be some closed server testing deal, or will it just be released publicly as a beta version?
If it's like previous major version releases, it will be opt-in beta in Steam.
Please confirm this...
It will be available to everyone through our website or steam betas

equitime77
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:07 am
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by equitime77 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:04 pm

The only thing that I can say about this is: OH WOW!!!!

Everything looks so great. Massive idea about the rocket and research etc. Cant wait to get on with it.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 972
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:55 am
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by Zeblote » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:05 pm

mestevesx wrote:Is the alien tech dead? As it was another one we couldn't automate as it involved actively hunting them.
Alien artifacts and tech are gone, was mentioned in an older post.

SaintFlow
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by SaintFlow » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:05 pm

good fff.

RobEVO
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by RobEVO » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Has anything happened with oil? It's already a pain. There was mention of making it much richer the farther out you go.

Edit: Asking because of the sulfuric requirement.
Last edited by RobEVO on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Proxy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:10 am
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by Proxy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:08 pm

Next Tuesday?!?!
this is amazing... I really wanna play this now.
Image
Let's just wait til the Age of Iron Stars

User avatar
GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:09 pm

So, that's good and all, but the real question that's on everyone's mind is:

Can you meltdown nuclear plant?

If no, I will be extremely disappointed and sad.
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

User avatar
asadlittlepotato
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:59 am
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by asadlittlepotato » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:09 pm

It's... it's beautiful. *wipes away single tear*

cyberbob1979
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:36 am
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by cyberbob1979 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:09 pm

I just had to come here and make a massive tip of the hat to the team...

The graphics look gorgeous, and I mean - AMAZEBALLS gorgeous... and the most amazing jam packed goodie packet of FFF I have ever read... Plus dropping the bombshell of Factorio Tuesday (I might have to face a death or something) ...

Really outstanding work to everyone. Factorio is simply sublime

ihcn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 12:51 am
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by ihcn » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:11 pm

I'm very excited for most changes here. I'm especially happy to see the turbine, after previous news that the turbine wouldn't be included and we'd just be routing our nuclear-powered steam through the regular steam engines. Although now that I think back, maybe what was cut wasn't the turbine itself, but the "closed loop" turbine?

One thing that worries me is the icons:
There are also many new icon replacements for the old awful things like mining drill, laser turret, rail signals, and more
I agree with most of these, but the old rail signal icons are actually excellent, especially compared to the new rail signal icons in the screenshot. Icons don't have to actually look like the thing they represent, they just need to resemble it so that the player draws a link between the icon and the item in their head. In many cases, it's better to have a simpler, easier to recognize symbol rather than a complicated one. These rail signal icons go too far in the direction of just matching their ingame counterparts imo, and the result will be less clarity.

inteljoe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by inteljoe » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:11 pm

My head just exploded

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by Avezo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Image

Jaws are dropped
Last edited by Avezo on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellfire
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by Hellfire » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:12 pm

I'm a new player but pick things up quick. I was very quickly faced with the "what do I do now" feeling after rocket launch. Glad to see something like this in vanilla fixed.

Although the changes look great my first reaction to rocket changes was how SpaceX mod will change. Gl to the developer of that one :p

terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:01 am
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by terror_gnom » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Wow, that insane spaghetti base :D On what machine and at how many ups does it run?

McRib
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by McRib » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:13 pm

IT IS DONE!

BlackLight
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by BlackLight » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:14 pm

WOW! Look at it, it's so new and shiny! Very nice idea with the space science, reminds me of KSP.
To be honest, I wasn't that hyped for the uranium tech - but since you can make new and powerful weapons with it, I'll give it a chance!
And finally the best, a date in a few days!

Post Reply

Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users