Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #187 - Space science & 0.15 graphics

Post by Raphaello »

oh my god, I did not get my Tech Maniac steam achievement yet!!! Will this one be changed?

FasterJump
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FasterJump »

I like that the smoke now comes from the burner, that turn coal into smoke.
And I notice that the steam turbines release only small steam clouds.

Do you have plans for a cooling tower? At first I though it would be a good implementation, but now I wonder if the added complexity would really add value in term of fun and gameplay. Is it something you may consider in the future?

Jan11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jan11 »

OMG awesome.

Cazadore
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cazadore »

I really hope that this tuesday test day is open for anybody and open to download the whole day.

I would kick myself if i miss that timeframe... esp. When it is a simple as "change to beta version" in steam.

I sooo want to use NUCLEAR MISSILES... and die because i forgot to run .

Inari
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Inari »

Cazadore wrote:I really hope that this tuesday test day is open for anybody and open to download the whole day.

I would kick myself if i miss that timeframe... esp. When it is a simple as "change to beta version" in steam.

I'm fairly certain it means they just put up that branch on tuesday... I don't think they'll remove it again a day later? :P

dinodod
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dinodod »

kinnom wrote:
giustizieri25 wrote:Launching rockets and receiving back new science ... you are absolute GENIUSES !!!
I know I had a life, but now I have Factorio with infinite research ... thanks for ruining me! :P
you got factorio 10 months ago. no way you still have a life

5 years I have been playing this, before it was in Steam. And I have no life. Minecraft was the 1st to ruin my teenager years, now Factorio has ruined my adult life, thanks! :mrgreen:

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

V453000 wrote:
Xterminator wrote:
Junion wrote:So two things.

What is the specs on the machine running the linked imgur album factory? o.o

And can we get that factory released to the public? I really want to see will/xterm/mojo do a factory fixit on the factory :D
This would be awesome! Will have to ask them about getting a copy of the save for a Refactorizing episode once 0.15 is out. :D
I can publish it when 0.15 is available :)
Fantastic, thank you! :D Can't wait to take a look around.
Cazadore wrote:I really hope that this tuesday test day is open for anybody and open to download the whole day.

It will be released permanently on Tuesday as an experimental build just like the previous versions have been. :) So once it's out, you will be free to play it forever unless there is some horrible disaster that makes them take it down to fix something, but even then it will probably just be a bunch of hot fixes very shortly after.
Image Image Image

dinodod
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dinodod »

Ghoulish wrote:When will the mods get updated?
Each dev will have a different timetable. Just play vanilla to get used to it 1st then the mods will be ready. You have much to learn grasshopper!
Last edited by dinodod on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proxy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Proxy »

but wait...
do Reactors throw out Depleted Fuel that can be partly reused?

I just want to see RTGs in Factorio xD

nik12111
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nik12111 »

Just a quick question. Will we get the change log a few hours before release or at the the release time itself. Knowing that the change log will be huge and will take some time to read. A few hours beforehand could get us already fired up for the release.

neocortex92
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by neocortex92 »

I can really feel that the Devs himself are very happy about their Work by reading this FFF. That Ladies and Gentleman is a very good sign to all of us that there are no real hiccups here and that Version 0.15 will be awesome.

All night, All day.

chris13524
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chris13524 »

Any plans for larger diameter pipes for higher throughput?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Inari wrote:

I'm fairly certain it means they just put up that branch on tuesday... I don't think they'll remove it again a day later? :P
There usually is a first update at the end of the release day, so you should download 0.15.1 on the next day.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Three liquids per liquid wagon? Thank You!

I'm just hoping that pumps going to the wagons don't store very small amounts inside of them which contaminate the wagon with unwanted fluids. I'd love to deactivate pumps depending on fluid demand, but that tiny residual from pumping previously usually contaminates the wagon and that causes a lot of problems for me.

Will the pumps connected to the circuit network avoid pumping any fluid stored inside of it, if it's disabled? or is it still the same as now, where if the pump has 1-2 liquid still inside, it transfers that tiny amount anyway?

Hopefully it's fixed so I can have a smooth sailing liquid wagon train bus without fear of contamination.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Loewchen wrote:
Inari wrote:I'm fairly certain it means they just put up that branch on tuesday... I don't think they'll remove it again a day later? :P
There usually is a first update at the end of the release day, so you should download 0.15.1 on the next day.
That said, I think there will be a branch (the "experimental" one without any version number except 0.15.x) that automatically updates your game whenever a new experimental 0.15 is released.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Light wrote:Three liquids per liquid wagon? Thank You!
Unless they changed it again, its only one type of liquid per wagon and additional connections are only to increase throughput.

Tardan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tardan »

gigantic good news!! so much nice features :)

thank you devs for the best game ever!!

400 hours on the steam clock - and i think the same or more before the release on steam.

P.S.: i dont like the transparent GUI. i hope ingame it looks better

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Please include an option to disable infinite science, so that there is some reference level of science for comparing megabases, tiny factory puzzles, etc. It will be annoying to always have to specify "this factory uses level 73 infinite science X, level 17 infinite science Y, ..." when trying to post about accomplishments.

hyspeed
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by hyspeed »

Hi,

With regard to the auto-launch of rockets. I see in the image that it is tied to a satellite, and you mention support for mods in terms of returning items.

Will the auto-launch work on any item in the inventory or only a satellite? I'd like it to be easy for a mod-maker to give me 3 tanks for a fish. :)

thanks,
jon

Zool
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zool »

You guys are absolutely crazy!!!

Any other developer would have taken the content that you now give us for free, and devided it into 3 "Premium" DLCs, one is the "Amazing nuclear extension", one is the "future scientists extension", and the "awesome grafics refresh pack", each for at least 10 bucks - while you just keep one working like mad, and create the most incredible indie-game I have ever seen, its unbelievable!!!

Your team seriously rocks, and the day you put anything new on early access, I'll gladly buy it, simply because you deserve it!

Return to “News”