Friday Facts #185 - Progress report

Regular reports on Factorio development.
matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #185 - Progress report

Post by matjojo »

ow yeah, I completely forgot in my first post, the shaders look amazing

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nemoricus »

That night vision view is amazing. And tutorials! A long overdue and welcome addition to the game.

0.15 is going to be a great release.

maniak1349
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by maniak1349 »

Was that NVG shot taken in the middle of the night? Anyway, it looks nice and simple, I definitely like it.
Can we expect user defined shaders? That would be a lot of fun to play with.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Proxy wrote:"This close to realease"
sooo, Next Friday?
that would be perfect... i got 5 free days at that weekend.
Friday off, Moneday off and Tuestday off :D
The release day will be a Monday or Tuesday and it will be announced in the week before, so earliest release is in 10 days.

atehxx
Inserter
Inserter

Post by atehxx »

Come on... Write some longer FFFs - I'm waiting whole week for those :P

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

atehxx wrote:Come on... Write some longer FFFs - I'm waiting whole week for those :P

I agree, longer Friday facts.

KatherineOfSky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KatherineOfSky »

Nightvision is looking GREAT! (Thanks for listening to the community's feedback on that!!!)

I'm so excited to see the new changes in 0.15 -- thank you, Devs, for all the hard work you are doing!
Tutorials, wild playthroughs, and more! https://www.youtube.com/@KatherineOfSky

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Loewchen wrote:
sooo, Next Friday?
The release day will be a Monday or Tuesday and it will be announced in the week before, so earliest release is in 10 days.
Don't be too strict in holding to this.

I say release it today for the weekend, and deal with the bugs next week. I mean you guys are already playing it.

If you don't release it for this weekend, at least release it before next Friday so we can enjoy it over the long weekend.

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

"we're either doing something right or wrong" Love this :)

mirhagk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mirhagk »

factoriouzr wrote:
Loewchen wrote:
sooo, Next Friday?

I say release it today for the weekend, and deal with the bugs next week. I mean you guys are already playing it.

If you don't release it for this weekend, at least release it before next Friday so we can enjoy it over the long weekend.
That increases the workload for them by a ton. If they deal with bugs as they come in then they will have a small number of error reports for each bug. If they wait an entire long weekend for bugs to fill up there will be so many duplicates and it'll be very hard to sort through.

The experimental release they are going to do will have more then it's fair share of bugs, but I'd rather save the devs time then have them release a build far too early. The kinds of bugs they are going to have right now is going to be show-stopping bugs that will mean you can't play it all weekend anyways (corrupted save files, game-stopping feature bugs etc).

Let them finish their playtesting then give us the experimental version that will only contain bugs that you can mostly avoid/ignore.

It will likely take a few days to prepare a release, so even if they broke their rules the earliest you could expect it is mid next week, and with the long weekend coming up it's not a good idea from their perspective.

I can't wait for it either, but realize that begging for a release now is only going to slow down the next release

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Albert has been digging deeply with Cube into terrain generation fixes,
Customizable terrain or still the modded in terrain gen ever 8-) ?
Last edited by jorgenRe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

SaintFlow
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SaintFlow »

mirhagk wrote:
factoriouzr wrote:
Loewchen wrote:
sooo, Next Friday?

That increases the workload for them by a ton. If they deal with bugs as they come in then they will have a small number of error reports for each bug. If they wait an entire long weekend for bugs to fill up there will be so many duplicates and it'll be very hard to sort through.

The experimental release they are going to do will have more then it's fair share of bugs, but I'd rather save the devs time then have them release a build far too early. The kinds of bugs they are going to have right now is going to be show-stopping bugs that will mean you can't play it all weekend anyways (corrupted save files, game-stopping feature bugs etc).
Nah. I dont think sifting through the reports is a huge issue. and for them its even a plus because they then have a bigger amount of known bugs and can prioritize according to severity. its "bad" for us because we dont get fixes asap if they dont work at the weekend. I could live with that though.

If they did release it far too early, we'd be playing it for months already. we are not, soooooooooooooooooooo...

Asekhan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Asekhan »

In any case, the graphics aren't done, they're playtesting without them but would never release in that situation. And as a dev myself, I agree that too much bug reports is not a good thing for all but the most obscure bug.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Asekhan wrote:In any case, the graphics aren't done, they're playtesting without them but would never release in that situation. And as a dev myself, I agree that too much bug reports is not a good thing for all but the most obscure bug.
Pretty sure they said they're OK with releasing with partial graphics, and releasing them later on, as they shouldn't introduce any new bugs.

Mandelorean1988
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mandelorean1988 »

Any chance of multicore support? just like minecraft it only uses 1.

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

keyboardhack wrote:Sounds like a release next week :o
Wait..
*re-reads the update..notices something*
There are still a hundred minor features I could talk about in these FFF posts, but this close to release, I would rather not spoil the surprise. As always, if you have any comments or otherwise, please let us know on our forums[forums.factorio.com].
*eyes bulge out*
Fuck fuck fuck fuck! I need to finish my There Is No Spoon map fasta! The 0.15 research is going to screw me over..AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH... :o
*runs off*

Ohz
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ohz »

Thank you for your hard work, devs
I'm not english, sorry for my mistakes

CaptainHook
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CaptainHook »

Omg, soo excited :D glad you chose to include the ability to place ghosts through the map, but will it be tied up with some expensive tech as you mentioned in the previous ff?

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

CaptainHook wrote:Omg, soo excited :D glad you chose to include the ability to place ghosts through the map, but will it be tied up with some expensive tech as you mentioned in the previous ff?
Late stage Factorio is basically an Industrial RTS now. Especially if you combine this with the Satellite Uplink moe.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

CaptainHook wrote:Omg, soo excited :D glad you chose to include the ability to place ghosts through the map, but will it be tied up with some expensive tech as you mentioned in the previous ff?
Nope :)

Return to “News”