Paysafecard and Presentation

Regular reports on Factorio development.
SWSe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Paysafecard and Presentation

Post by SWSe »

As already mentioned above, Proxys don't seem to work (Besides from being illegal in this case, I guess). Didn't test it though.

I never had to create an account before as well (and still don't have to in other places, just tested it with Steam), so I don't get why it is mandatory here...

SWSe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Paysafecards in Germany

Post by SWSe »

Hi,

I'm sorry I double-post, but I'm really eager to hear any updates. It's been a week now and I wonder if you have gotten a response from GoPay or Paysafecard yet and if there is any chance we can use this service without creating an account in Germany as well?
I know you are busy developing the game, but I'd just like to know :lol:

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

SWSe wrote:Hi,

I'm sorry I double-post, but I'm really eager to hear any updates. It's been a week now and I wonder if you have gotten a response from GoPay or Paysafecard yet and if there is any chance we can use this service without creating an account in Germany as well?
I know you are busy developing the game, but I'd just like to know :lol:
I have contacted them again today and asked for the status. I am afraid there is quite a bit of bureaucracy involved :/

SWSe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SWSe »

Thanks for looking after it. Guess I'll just have to wait and stay tuned :)

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

If you have a German anonymous paysafecard you can now purchase the game. The problem has been resolved by Gopay:)

SWSe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SWSe »

Good news! Thanks very much for taking care of it, I'm glad it works now (which I can confirm). ;)

Oroberus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Oroberus »

Hi from germany too,

I decided to buy Factorio today via Paysafecard but I get forwarded to the GoPay site and am forced to give them my mail address and to agree to their terms of use and privacy policy in order to make the payment.

After some google-action I'm not pretty convinced about GoPay as you find douzens of links to pages which are based on bad experience with GoPay (for example charges that you never agreed and so on) so I'm not that confident if I would like to risk the payment via some third party that I don't know and that shows such bad entries all over the place and that will be incredibly hard to fight against if something is set up (no racism or offense ment but foreign corporations, expecially the financal once are the worste you can end with, regardless of the nation you're from or they're from).

What is the experience of you other users regarding GoPay?

SWSe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SWSe »

@ Oroberus
That's an interesting topic, thank you for pointing this out. I didn't hear anything from GoPay since I bought the game (June 10th, 2014) and I hope it stays that way ;) .

I found those reports of scams that you mentioned, however they were ONLY in German language. I didn't find anything in English. Also those reports have been about cell/smart phones, but that probably doesn't say anything.
I think it's another company that we are talking about than the one involved in the process of buying Factorio.

One of those sites with reports (first hit in german Google when searching "gopay") links to the "GoPay website" which has the following URL:
https://gopay.net-m.net/abo/
It redirects to yet another site that doesn't seem lilke it has anything to do with the company that provides the GoPay gateway (http://www.gopay.com/cs).

I don't think there is a connection besides the name.

I'd like to hear what others have to say about this too as I might be wrong. But I guess this isn't the right place for this discussion.
If you want more people to see this you should consider creating an own thread in the general discussion sub forum. :)

black power
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by black power »

@ Oroberus

I bought it via Paysafecard from Germany long time ago around May this year and up to this point you even needet a full post adress to pay form germany. But i maild Tomas and he fixt this so you only need the pin. And i had no problems with the payment at all it just wored fine.

And i just got the payment confirmed via e-mail nothing else no spam or anything, and i can tell because i just made i adress on my server just for factorio. So i think it will be fine.

Tregen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tregen »

Is it still fixt? I wanted to buy this Game but the Paysafe site wanted me to Register

t33
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by t33 »

Have a look here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=5&t=6704
No response from the devs yet :(

Return to “News”