Friday Facts #152 - Team production challenge

Regular reports on Factorio development.
DeadHippie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #152 - Team production challenge

Post by DeadHippie »

So I take it, no fix for the piercing ammo bug yet.I have several maps I can't play because of this BUG. Please fix it.............................

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

DeadHippie wrote:So I take it, no fix for the piercing ammo bug yet.I have several maps I can't play because of this BUG. Please fix it.............................
What bug is that?

henke37
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by henke37 »

keyboardhack wrote:
Kamel wrote:Only if we can go in and sabotage the other teams (i.e. blow them up :D)

Sounds like a great plan.
Looks like you can throw grenades at the other teams as they are close enough.
Presumably they will use the independent map system they added when they were toying with the idea of a space station end game.

Live-Dimension
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Live-Dimension »

I quite like the ideas of the challenges and hopefully multiplayer maps will come around and be in wide use.

I'm a little confused about one thing though. Does this mean that the current 0.13.x branch doesn't contain the new multiplayer code, and that won't be introduced until 0.14? Friends and I are looking at starting a new map and want to use much of 0.13, but have been concerned about the new net code.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Loewchen wrote:
DeadHippie wrote:So I take it, no fix for the piercing ammo bug yet.I have several maps I can't play because of this BUG. Please fix it.............................
What bug is that?
Yes, what bug? If you have a bug post it in bug reports -> viewforum.php?f=7

Although it sounds from your post history you're probably just confused about how some game mechanic works and you might have more luck posting in gameplay help -> viewforum.php?f=18
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Gergely wrote:Special Offers.... really? :|
Maybe that was a poor choice of words. This does not mean sales, it means a bit of marketing and some banners and possibly emails with something like "hey, check out this new update".

Peterie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Peterie »

I'm really really really excited about this multiplayer PVP idea. Ever since that mod PVP mod from FishSandwich it has been in my head. I'm so glad this general idea of playing against each other has made it in the basegame.

(Dunno what the plans are. I had this idea in my head for a long time of some PVP race where you would have to launch a rocket (simplified off course so this is achievable within 2 hours). You could also then do some things to spice things up like make sidequests which give you upgrades like faster miners or use research packs to send waves of biters at the enemy base.)

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Hmm interesting choice to change things up so 0.14 is only Multiplayer things. If 0.15 isn't delayed by too much though then I think it's fine. Plus the multiplayer improvements sound well worth it! :)
The idea of having team production challenges and such sounds really fun and i think is a great way to test out the capabilities of the new MP system.
Image Image Image

TsBandit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TsBandit »

TheUnknown007 wrote:Please note that that map is really small, how can you setup anything in it at all? It barely fits a column of steam engines.
It looks like there is a big power pole and an accumulator on the edge of the map. I assume it is a special accumulator that can provide infinite electricity so that players don't need to set up any steam engines or solar panels.

Xenophanes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xenophanes »

So, I was thinking of a multiplayer idea.

I think you have to consider the limitations and the type of game we've got here. It would seem all too difficult to play a typical RTS style game with Factorio.

BUT... I was thinking, what if each player was tasked with building a defensible base larger and larger to defend waves of baddies from one direction. You'd be told in advance of each round what the next would hold and have to make sure you had the resources and defenses to handle the threat. The last person alive wins.

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by noliVe »

NIce idea, Must be SUpported in any possible way!!

we can offer a german test server (full root access for testing)
Windows or Linux (Debian)

notifiy me

Liamq12
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Liamq12 »

Great idea!!! I personally think it would be cool if the teams could trade resources. For example, the end goal is to make a train with 25 cargo wagons full of Iron plates and 25 full of copper plates. Team 1 needs x amount of iron plates. Team 3 needs y amount of copper plates. Team 1 has y extra copper plates and team 3 has x amount of extra iron plates. The teams could take a vote and if both teams agree to the trade the resources would be automatically switched between the "worlds". Over all the concept that you have come up with sounds amazing and I cant wait to try it out. Keep up the good work! (:

FlyveHest
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FlyveHest »

That multiplayer small-map challenge is probably the greatest multiplayer game idea I have heard in years, I really really hope that it will be available soon-ish :D

Krunos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Krunos »

I hope, that this gets realy custom. So that every one can create his own Idea. So that you can join a Server. You stand in the spawn, there signs with Infos..
You have a Portal Zone there you can create "Partys" with your friend. A new World will be create with the configuration from the player itself AND above this the max configuration of the Server owner.
Something like the Server Owner says the would should not be bigger than 3000x3000(to prevent to large Maps).
Every Player on this New created Map can go out and back to the spawn with a little interface or something like that.
The spawn can be protectet so that no "Bad Boy" can destroy something.
This all with a great permissions System and you can create big Servers for 50+ Players.
So that every Player can Play Multiplayer without hosting an own Server.

If something like this gets added i create a big (50+) German Multiplayer Server for everyone.

Thanks for this Beautiful Game <3 #nohome

Sry for my bad English. (Germany).

Krunos

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Krunos wrote:I hope, that this gets realy custom. So that every one can create his own Idea. So that you can join a Server. You stand in the spawn, there signs with Infos..
You have a Portal Zone there you can create "Partys" with your friend. A new World will be create with the configuration from the player itself AND above this the max configuration of the Server owner.
Something like the Server Owner says the would should not be bigger than 3000x3000(to prevent to large Maps).
Every Player on this New created Map can go out and back to the spawn with a little interface or something like that.
The spawn can be protectet so that no "Bad Boy" can destroy something.
This all with a great permissions System and you can create big Servers for 50+ Players.
So that every Player can Play Multiplayer without hosting an own Server.

If something like this gets added i create a big (50+) German Multiplayer Server for everyone.

Thanks for this Beautiful Game <3 #nohome

Sry for my bad English. (Germany).

Krunos

With hosting a server with a custom scenario map I think what you said is already doable, you need to write the scenario though
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Radioactive Pretzels
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Radioactive Pretzels »

A new factory recipe can can synthesize a "biter egg" from heavy oil and blue science. Once crafted, you can release it onto one of your competitor's world to start a wave of biters to disrupt their progress.

insanewithyou
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by insanewithyou »

Hello there Kovarex and Team,

I have been following your game since 2 years and all I can say its really awesome!
I appreciated the steam release and loved version 0.13. I bought it on your website and played for at least 300 hours. I ragret nothing.
But now 2 things ocurr to me, which have been predicted and completly fine.

First you loosened your "NO OFFER RULE EVER" (or atleast you are about to) which is totally cool(atleast if its not going less than 15$), but I also bought your game exactly for this policy.
I know you want to make money, and that steam offers are great! (I am myself an economist and know what I´m talking about.) So keep on doing it, its ok!
Secondary
Lets have an aim in Factorio. And I dont mean the aim ingame. The aim Offgame. Where we are all going with this, so we can all work for this. Cause an infinite development can nobody afford. Im just saying.
I think you recieved 80% of the revenue. If you pefect the multiplayer you recieve the last 15%(with steam offer). And 5% for the rest of the time.
So please lets see it all really save and sound. We love this game. We want this game. But we all want to survive.
Greetings.
insanewithyou
PS: I love you. Read this. I hope.

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

insanewithyou wrote:Hello there Kovarex and Team,

I have been following your game since 2 years and all I can say its really awesome!
I appreciated the steam release and loved version 0.13. I bought it on your website and played for at least 300 hours. I ragret nothing.

First you loosened your "NO OFFER RULE EVER" (or atleast you are about to) which is totally cool(atleast if its not going less than 15$), but I also bought your game exactly for this policy.
I know you want to make money, and that steam offers are great! (I am myself an economist and know what I´m talking about.) So keep on doing it, its ok!
Secondary
Lets have an aim in Factorio. And I dont mean the aim ingame. The aim Offgame. Where we are all going with this, so we can all work for this. Cause an infinite development can nobody afford. Im just saying.
I think you recieved 80% of the revenue. If you pefect the multiplayer you recieve the last 15%(with steam offer). And 5% for the rest of the time.
So please lets see it all really save and sound. We love this game. We want this game. But we all want to survive.
Greetings.
insanewithyou
If you had red the rest of the thread, you'd know that's not what they meant:
Twinsen wrote:
Maybe that was a poor choice of words. This does not mean sales, it means a bit of marketing and some banners and possibly emails with something like "hey, check out this new update".

insanewithyou
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by insanewithyou »

iamwyza wrote:
insanewithyou wrote:Hello there Kovarex and Team,

Secondary
Greetings.
insanewithyou
If you had red the rest of the thread, you'd know that's not what they meant:
Twinsen wrote:
Okay, that I didnt read! Sorry. But I only said that it would be okay, even if they wouldnt do that! But thank you, that you dont :P

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

That may have come across too harsh. I apologize. But yes, thankfully they aren't changing directions there :).

Return to “News”