Friday Facts #134 - Signal placement indicator

Regular reports on Factorio development.
vortex1967
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #134 - Signal placement indicator

Post by vortex1967 »

Hello Mishka and welcome.

Going by the images for the signal placement indicator the indicator is allowing placement of signals very close to the junction of where the curved rail intersects with the
straight rail. This position has problems with chain signals correctly displaying the state of the following signal.
Attachments
Try and explain this!.jpg
Try and explain this!.jpg (230.7 KiB) Viewed 5645 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

vortex1967 wrote:This position has problems with chain signals correctly displaying the state of the following signal.
Could you upload the save? Thx!

KatherineOfSky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KatherineOfSky »

I really like the new signal placement helper. (And I had no idea that signals in the midst of out-curves break blocks! No wonder I was getting those flashing lights.)

Really looking forward to this in-game. Woot!
Tutorials, wild playthroughs, and more! https://www.youtube.com/@KatherineOfSky

vortex1967
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vortex1967 »

There has been a discussion about this issue under a topic of "Why are these signals green" started by JasonC a few days ago under Game Play Help.
It appears to be a graphical issue with chain signals.
The reason I posted an image here was Signal placement indicator allows placement of signals in a position that manifests the graphical issue.

mrtux
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrtux »

I really like the signal placement aid. :D

Hopyfully disallowing "wrong" signals does not hinder the gameplay – might be necessary to use when a crossing is changed. Still: How could we ever play without?
If only my thesis could be done in Factorio …

vortex1967
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vortex1967 »

I found out today. Known bug and fixed for 0.13 release. :)

buc01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by buc01 »

Ah man, all these updates look amazing, i'm really impatient haha, i haven't done a play through of the game for a while and i'm desperately trying to hold off starting a new play through till 13 hits ha ha its getting harder to do so!

Everything looks amazing, personally i like the idea of the "loader" but i can of course understand and see the reasoning behind not wanting to implement such a thing. While it was quite a long time ago now, the last time i did my play through i think i skipped over trains entirely and went straight to robots. after seeing all the awesome things you can do with trains though i really want to use them on my next run through.

Tepalus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tepalus »

Every friday the same. Waiting for the new FFF. I am insane. :mrgreen:
Factorio in a Nutshell
try and error, try and error, try and success
once again it is friday, once again i'm waiting for the news
hour for hour for hour it goes, where it stops nobody knows

transportman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by transportman »

theRustyKnife wrote:The indication of possible (and sensible) spots for the signals is great though I'd still appreciate being able to build them even on the 'illegal' spots. I use this to make branches of my train network only I can access in manual mode therefore I can be sure there's never going to be a train in there to crash into me or whatever.
On the other hand I understand that it might be confusing for some people and I believe that the Devs (yeah, capital D :D ) can find a solution that suits everyone's needs and desires.
I agree, it should still be possible to place signals at "illegal" spots, because it might be that during construction or changes of direction a (temporary) illegal situation needs to exist.

Return to “News”