Friday Facts #131 - Roadmap shuffle

Regular reports on Factorio development.
cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #131 - Roadmap shuffle

Post by cpy »

I still prefer that module replacer mod that can remove or add or change just modules. But still it's nice to have at least blueprints.

I don't worry much about features, because with mods you already can have factorio 0.15 if you just imagine it.
What i'm most excited about in next version? Nuclear power mod that is on hold until 0.13 starts. Yeah that, i don't care much about other features because there are mods that do that, except for trains, they are really neat feature. Track building with FARL, module replacement mod you name it we have it.

Need combat overhaul? Try hardcorio.

MalcolmCooks
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MalcolmCooks »

Redo of the train graphics and fixing the train distances, so they are whole tiles and vertical and horizontal distances are the same.
picard.gif
picard.gif (431.33 KiB) Viewed 7911 times

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

I would definitely like it if they added at least the features to support fluid wagons in mods natively (without the current hacks) even if the art and such weren't finished.

for example by letting the mod select which type of entity it represents and for select entities letting it be active while moving (like logistics chests if speed < logistics robot speed)

there are more things that really need more native plumbing like better power gen options (at least a way to send power to the grid) and more options for entity power sources, like a power property in the entity that lets you select infinite, burner, grid, solar or a custom buffer-based

another example is having a way to properly interact with the circuit network, setting the output on a connection and querying the input.

vaderciya
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vaderciya »

ratchetfreak wrote:I would definitely like it if they added at least the features to support fluid wagons in mods natively (without the current hacks) even if the art and such weren't finished.

for example by letting the mod select which type of entity it represents and for select entities letting it be active while moving (like logistics chests if speed < logistics robot speed)

there are more things that really need more native plumbing like better power gen options (at least a way to send power to the grid) and more options for entity power sources, like a power property in the entity that lets you select infinite, burner, grid, solar or a custom buffer-based

another example is having a way to properly interact with the circuit network, setting the output on a connection and querying the input.
I definitely agree with everything you're saying. We need these things now, and at least some progress or something about better power options, all we have is 2. It seems like with all the knowledge we have of multiple giant factorios we'd have better knowledge of how to power said factories

Maharaja
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maharaja »

Hello dev team
your talking about a Blueprint book in Friday Facts #131
will be nice if the book wil be server wide if someone is hosting one

also let us name the blueprint when we make 1 so its eazy to lookup when we have like over a hundred blueprints

i realy like the things your doing with 0.13 and cant w8 to test it so how do i get the beta brance :P

ske
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ske »

Maharaja wrote:will be nice if the book wil be server wide if someone is hosting one
also let us name the blueprint when we make 1 so its eazy to lookup when we have like over a hundred blueprints
Two very good ideas, be sure to post them in "Ideas and Suggestions" if 0.13 is released without them.

Maharaja
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maharaja »

ske wrote:
Maharaja wrote:will be nice if the book wil be server wide if someone is hosting one
Two very good ideas, be sure to post them in "Ideas and Suggestions" if 0.13 is released without them.
i will do that xD ^^ hope a dev will read this and will think about it right away

Vearde
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vearde »

Hi guys I only just found the game. But I'm reading on wiki that there will be a second end game but it's not mentioned in the fff but can't find any thing about it in the fffs .
So is it coming and when I ff anyone knows this

Great game BTW.

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TN_Creator »

That's a lot of good news!

i'm not fond of achievements but the icons are epic!

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Especially the "so long and thanks for all the fish" i beat the game icon.

Tepalus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tepalus »

Once again friday, one again waiting for the News
Factorio in a Nutshell
try and error, try and error, try and success
once again it is friday, once again i'm waiting for the news
hour for hour for hour it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Gecko »

Tepalus wrote:Once again friday, one again waiting for the News
You know I just came here to say the same! :)

The icons are a great piece of art! I had to smirk about the ~Hitchhiker analogy.

Tepalus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tepalus »

Nice!

But i'm very afraid of what will happen today...because it's the 1th april, so probably we have to read the news with more salt than usually?! :mrgreen:
Factorio in a Nutshell

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

The best joke is when you tell the truth and everybody think that is a joke :D

Tepalus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tepalus »

As it happens in annother forum of annother game (multiplayer) rightn ow at the moment ^^

But there it is very funny because this month, there are some huge changes (alpha) and nobody knows what's real and what isn't everytime the developers say something there. Funny to watch indeed!
Factorio in a Nutshell

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Accidental release of the FF132? I could read it, but not go to the forum, when I looked on the front page its gone again and if i reload the link in another tab its not giving anything either anymore :P
Edit: wont post about it as long as you dont want to ^^
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Ojelle wrote:Accidental release of the FF132? I could read it, but not go to the forum, when I looked on the front page its gone again and if i reload the link in another tab its not giving anything either anymore :P
Well, most of that thing was clearly an april fools joke so not much is lost by not reading it :D

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Zeblote wrote:
Ojelle wrote:Accidental release of the FF132? I could read it, but not go to the forum, when I looked on the front page its gone again and if i reload the link in another tab its not giving anything either anymore :P
Well, most of that thing was clearly an april fools joke so not much is lost by not reading it :D
Shht!
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

And now 129,130 and 131 are gone too?
Choumiko wrote:

diego-fm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diego-fm »

i'm guessing this happened: Image

And then it got out of hands and the fire spread :oops: like the forest fire in previous FFF :twisted:

Anyway, too bad of an April Fool that you regreted it the moment it went live? :D

Return to “News”