Friday Facts #128 - Back down to earth

Regular reports on Factorio development.
wexyourass
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #128 - Back down to earth

Post by wexyourass »

Koub wrote:
wexyourass wrote:How about just add another stack inserter type like "wide stack inserter" that will operate double or same amount of items that stack inserter can. But main thing is it will fill both sides of belt like loader do? It will not be so fast as loader so question about overpowering going away, whole idea will stay same, and tech tree do not need rework in this case.
Yo do realize this topic is very old, don't you ? I'd advise you to make a suggestion in the Ideas and Suggestions Subforum (even if I doubt there will be another kind of inserters in the future).
Realised that was old just after posted the message, fair enough. Will do make my suggestion in subforum. thx :)

Factory Lobster
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Factory Lobster »

Obviously there are loaders in mods because they are not in the base game, but I looked through this entire thread and didn't see a resolution one way or the other. Is this idea officially dead to Kovarex et al?

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Factory Lobster wrote:Obviously there are loaders in mods because they are not in the base game, but I looked through this entire thread and didn't see a resolution one way or the other. Is this idea officially dead to Kovarex et al?
There were other threads discussing the issue most people thought they were OP (by being able to fill a blue belt for free)

end result is that they fixed inserters to be able to pick up and put down stacks from belts which was enough to remove the need for the loader.

Return to “News”