Friday Facts #127 - Steam Status III: Thank You

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Yaua
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #127 - Steam Status III: Thank You

Post by Yaua »

der.Schtefan wrote:Do you think 20.-- is a good price? It looks so odd compared to the 19.99 of the other games on Steam.
I think it's a good price (and on the worth side : it is even more than worth this full price).
Honestly, when I saw the price alongside the others, it made me laugh. The exact kind of decision I like with Factorio's team :)
The game is good (good ? No. Awesome.). And doesn't need to be "under a psychological line" (which is 1 cent under the "round price". 1 cent...). I personally prefer a round price. And you know what... alongside all the others, when you look all the 15,99€, 19,99€, etc... and you see this : 20,-€ . It catch the eye, and not in a negative way (in my opinion). I would even say it's a positive message to people who see it : "we are confident in our product" "we don't care about "psychological line"" etc...
And, like everything, a game is worth the money you're ready to put in, in this perspective, I'm not sure 1 cent will really make the difference.
So for me it's the good price.

Edit : And congrats again for the good launch : glad to see all the positive reviews :)
That's the proof that the "price psychological barrier" isn't that important when the game is good...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Yaua wrote:
der.Schtefan wrote:Do you think 20.-- is a good price? It looks so odd compared to the 19.99 of the other games on Steam.
I think it's a good price (and on the worth side : it is even more than worth this full price).
Honestly, when I saw the price alongside the others, it made me laugh. The exact kind of decision I like with Factorio's team :)
The game is good (good ? No. Awesome.). And doesn't need to be "under a psychological line" (which is 1 cent under the "round price". 1 cent...). I personally prefer a round price. And you know what... alongside all the others, when you look all the 15,99€, 19,99€, etc... and you see this : 20,-€ . It catch the eye, and not in a negative way (in my opinion). I would even say it's a positive message to people who see it : "we are confident in our product" "we don't care about "psychological line"" etc...
And, like everything, a game is worth the money you're ready to put in, in this perspective, I'm not sure 1 cent will really make the difference.
So for me it's the good price.

Edit : And congrats again for the good launch : glad to see all the positive reviews :)
That's the proof that the "price psychological barrier" isn't that important when the game is good...
Yes, this was kind of the plan.

der.Schtefan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by der.Schtefan »

Yaua wrote:it is even more than worth this full price
I think this is something we all can agree on. This game is hypnotizing, completely imersive. You quickly fire it up "just to play 30 minutes, because you want to go to the movies later", and you find yourself awaking from this dream, this second life you have, some 6 hours later at 02:00am, wondering where the time went. I just want everybody on Steam, the planet even, to be able to enjoy this! :)

Because of an injury i could not do any sports or big movements in February and had to stay in. Thank god for Factorio, which kept me mentaly sane in that time! :)

MacArther
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MacArther »

Super Glad this marvelous game is up on steam!

Now. How long until we get a multiplayer system more modern than 1998? I really thought the Steam release would solve this. Forwarding Ports, IP addresses, Firewall bypasses...I can't convince half my friends to play because its so archaic.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Normally only one player needs to do all that - the other only have to connect to this player.
To be honest, a better lobby would be nice, but that could have much problems on its own.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

Seems to me like there are still a lot of features to implement in 0.13, and people are already craving some features previously showcased, like the railway building and multiplayer lobby.

As a Valve fanboy I'm completely used to and fine with waiting, though. 0.13 seems to be shaping up to be one the some of the best updates so far.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Drury wrote:Seems to me like there are still a lot of features to implement in 0.13, and people are already craving some features previously showcased, like the railway building and multiplayer lobby.

As a Valve fanboy I'm completely used to and fine with waiting,
These features will come along with Half life 3 :lol:
Well ... hope not :roll:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Yaua
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Yaua »

kovarex wrote: Yes, this was kind of the plan.
:)
Oh, concerning the new (very good) trailer (this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVvXv1Z6EY8). May sound as a strange question but... What do you mean by "even programming the game of life" ? (at 2:00)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Yaua wrote:Oh, concerning the new (very good) trailer (this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVvXv1Z6EY8). May sound as a strange question but... What do you mean by "even programming the game of life" ? (at 2:00)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway's_Game_of_Life

Yaua
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Yaua »

Supercheese wrote:
Yaua wrote:Oh, concerning the new (very good) trailer (this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVvXv1Z6EY8). May sound as a strange question but... What do you mean by "even programming the game of life" ? (at 2:00)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway's_Game_of_Life
Oooooooh... I was expecting something like this, but I wasn't sure what/where to look at...
Thanks for the answer ! :)

Return to “News”