Steam Keys available

Regular reports on Factorio development.
mpl560
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Steam Keys available

Post by mpl560 »

I have bought the game through steam, is there a way to go through this in reverse ?
I mean can i register here at official website, type in my steamkey and no longer be "free" member ?

Edit: My main reason for this is that i don't know which forum should i use, official or steams.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

The devs are working on adding the way for people who have bought the game through Steam to be recognized on Factorio Website too. I think the functionality is awaited with 0.13
Right now, however, you can freely post in this forum.
Actually, I think you're more likely to get an answer from the "old" community here than on Steam (because we've been lurking here for years :))
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

zgrillo2004
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zgrillo2004 »

I dont like the idea that its being released on steam. will this mean that I wont be able to download it from the website in the future? because I have had bad rep with the community with steam because im different than them

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

zgrillo2004 wrote:I dont like the idea that its being released on steam. will this mean that I wont be able to download it from the website in the future? because I have had bad rep with the community with steam because im different than them
We will keep it available on the website

Return to “News”