Steam Keys available

Regular reports on Factorio development.
daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Steam Keys available

Post by daniel34 »

Erigalus wrote:Is it just me or are the achievements still missing?
Anyone got any info on that?
Achievements will come with 0.13: achievements in steam ? [Gameplay Help]
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Erigalus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Erigalus »

daniel34 wrote:
Erigalus wrote:Is it just me or are the achievements still missing?
Anyone got any info on that?
Achievements will come with 0.13: achievements in steam ? [Gameplay Help]
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up, must have missed that somehow. Somehow I expected Steam Release = Achievements. Guess I was a little too eager there.
Well, patience is a virtue^^
If it's all according to plan, it's fine. I just thought that I might've been the only one who didn't have them, that would've been a bummer.
Congratulations for the Steam release btw :P

dannyus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dannyus »

Also, I noticed, that there is no demo version on Steam. Would it be possible to add it there, so that the people who are interested could try it right away? I know there is a demo on the site, but if I am looking for a new game to try, I dont usually search for demo, unless its right there on the steam :) So, it might be a good idea to add it :)

Edit: I just figured one really interesting thing.. Factorio price is really €20.. not €19.99 as all the other games :D This might be the first game on Steam that I have seen with rounded price :D Can it influence the sales of the game in any way? Like, from psychological point of view, are not people likely to buy something that is 19.99 than 20.00? :D Discuss!

Akhiros
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Akhiros »

dannyus wrote:Also, I noticed, that there is no demo version on Steam. Would it be possible to add it there, so that the people who are interested could try it right away?
I wholeheartedly second this. It was the demo that caused me to purchase this game without hesitation.
dannyus wrote:Factorio price is really €20.. not €19.99 as all the other games :D This might be the first game on Steam that I have seen with rounded price :D Can it influence the sales of the game in any way? Like, from psychological point of view, are not people likely to buy something that is 19.99 than 20.00? :D Discuss!
Personally, I tend to see prices ending in .99 or .95 as deceitful and insulting to my intelligence... Factorio having a price rounded to the nearest dollar/euro feels like it reflects the devs' straightforwardness and respect for their players.

Erigalus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Erigalus »

Akhiros wrote:Personally, I tend to see prices ending in .99 or .95 as deceitful and insulting to my intelligence... Factorio having a price rounded to the nearest dollar/euro feels like it reflects the devs' straightforwardness and respect for their players.
^This. Plus, on a very, very basic emotional level, I personally really like seeing & interacting with round numbers. Kind of a mild OCD-tick of mine, but for example if I'm getting groceries and end up paying an exact round sum, it just makes me really, really happy for some reason. It makes me feel like I just got an achievement in real life or something. ^^

gullfounder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gullfounder »

What i really really like to know is the impact of Factorio Sale on today's Friday Facts. I wanna see how it helped Dev's to get up the sales :D

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

dannyus wrote:Also, I noticed, that there is no demo version on Steam. Would it be possible to add it there, so that the people who are interested could try it right away? I know there is a demo on the site, but if I am looking for a new game to try, I dont usually search for demo, unless its right there on the steam :) So, it might be a good idea to add it :)
Definitely put the demo on Steam, it's a major sales tipper for people like me who prefer seeing the game play and if possible experience it first hand.
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Martc »

Factorio is now in top 10 most selling games on Steam. Congratulation!
I wonder, if keys from factorio page are also counting to that.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

+1 for the demo, and I'd like to see a second counter with how many keys were sold through Steam :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Yes, the demo would be nice. Too much games don't have a demo, we should not encourage that.

Factorio has really 99% positive reviews... And that with over 1400 reviews. So awesome! You really deserve that, Wube! :)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Balthazar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Balthazar »

+1 for Demo!

Also, does claiming your key mean steam takes a cut? I wouldn't mind the convenience of having factorio via steam since it makes it easy to keep track of on PC and laptop, but not if it means dev loses money.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Steam takes its share when you buy directly on Steam.
If you buy on Factorio website and add the key in Steam, all goes to the devs.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Balthazar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Balthazar »

Steam it is, thanks for the quick reply <3

proudeden
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by proudeden »

I clicked the link for the profile page to get the steam code (I have that rank or higher) but I don't see anything to get a steam key any help? :x

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

proudeden wrote:I clicked the link for the profile page to get the steam code (I have that rank or higher) but I don't see anything to get a steam key any help? :x
Scroll down

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Maybe you should add a link-list at the top of the page to jump to the right parts, cause it could be overseen while scrolling down (some learnings from my latest project).
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

mulledyr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mulledyr »

How long does it take from the time I have requested to get my Steam code till I get it ?? Have been waiting 10 days...
It is just a question :)
Love the game :)

Weresmilodon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Weresmilodon »

mulledyr wrote:How long does it take from the time I have requested to get my Steam code till I get it ?? Have been waiting 10 days...
It is just a question :)
Love the game :)
You get it right away. It's on your profile page.

WorldOfIllusion
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by WorldOfIllusion »

I clicked to get my steam key issued yesterday - when I tried activating it today Steam tells me that it's a duplicate code and has already been activated.

Tried generating a new steam key but just got sent the already used code again.

Anyone else having this issue or am I just unlucky?

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

WorldOfIllusion wrote:I clicked to get my steam key issued yesterday - when I tried activating it today Steam tells me that it's a duplicate code and has already been activated.

Tried generating a new steam key but just got sent the already used code again.

Anyone else having this issue or am I just unlucky?
Duplicate Steam Key
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Return to “News”