Friday Facts #124 - Steam Status I

Regular reports on Factorio development.
hockeyhack
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #124 - Steam Status I

Post by hockeyhack »

While I don't mind in the least bit, I have more then gotten my moneys worth already, seems a bit odd to take away the perk of having bought the second tier giving it to people who bought the first tier without replacing it with something (like say the soundtrack when/if you release the soundtrack for it). It's not so much a money value thing but a matter or principles of selling something tiered and then removing one of the tiers years later basically bumping everyone up who bought the first tier into the second tier.

I won't mind at all if there ends up being zero difference between the two tiers but I know a lot of people would find that aggravating that they paid more to have their bonus given to people who didn't pay more without at least something to replace that bonus for paying more regardless of what it is. Don't worry I won't be mad, but still you may want to think about maybe having that second tier and above possibly getting the soundtrack if you release one for it to avoid annoying people who can claim false advertisement in the tiering system since they thought they would get something more for paying more.

But anyways I am looking forward to seeing this game finally on Steam in 4.5 days, will probably play it more by having it my section of "000 play now games" which is a category I made to have certain games always at the top of my Steam library to remind me that they exist, rather then going "oh yeah that games a thing I should try it again to see the updates" without anything to remind me to play it.

KingWut117
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #124 - Steam Status I

Post by KingWut117 »

Great news! :D

I was a little confused about the keys... When you said everyone would have a possibility of getting a key if they are already a member, does that mean that only some people will randomly get keys? Or does it mean we all have the option of generating one if we want?

Can't wait to add this to my library! Workshop integration is gonna be great as well :)

Return to “News”