Friday Facts #123 - Better circuit network (Part 2)

Regular reports on Factorio development.
MalcolmCooks
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #123 - Better circuit network (Part 2)

Post by MalcolmCooks »

Supercheese wrote:
MalcolmCooks wrote:With the new circuit network reader/writer, will electric mining drills be connectible? my favourite use for the circuit network is to switch off mining when not needed, so the belts don't get clogged up with ore. If I didn't need to use smart inserters that would be very useful!
Why not just keep mining until the belts are saturated...? :?
Because my setups are based on only being able to handle nominal throughput, not maximum throughput of a belt. For reference: I realise most people have conveyer belts linking every single part of their factory, but I prefer producing things in batches, rather than continuously. It simplifies layout a lot and eliminates the need for belt-balancing except in very specific cases.

terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by terror_gnom »

Hi,

is there a update how you decided to make the new network?

And if you´re going to break the old builds, could you please (please, please) change the combinators to work on both wires seperatly instead of adding them up first? Would be great to have a combinator like "each red < each green output each red" or "each green * each red". The adding of both wires can be done with one combinator "each red + each green"

terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by terror_gnom »

after I spend some thought I came up with a solution that wont break current builds but still adds functionality without a new Item.

I didnt code for ages, so its terrible pseudo-C-Code that will probably hurt your eyes :P
code
yeah, i really want to have this feauture for my logistic train network^^ its a pain in the ass with the current implementation :(

Return to “News”