Friday Facts #98 - Just fixing bugs

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #98 - Just fixing bugs

Post by Peter34 »

bar10dr wrote:
kovarex wrote: Yes, the research tree is going to be a real tree, it is planned for 0.13
Oh god yes!

When showing this game to my friends, the current tech screen is the hardest thing to get them to come to terms with.

(My second pet peeve is not having a button to auto-sort inventory if you have auto-sort turned off, like minecraft mods do it)
When playing the 2nd MP game with a couple of friends, we put one of my friends in charge of research, and because there was no branching-spatial ordering of the techs, he lacked awareness of which techs were early ones, and so on a few occasions, in the early-mid game, I had to remind him to please make sure to pick the "low-hanging fruits", some techs that costs only 10 or 20 red potions which he had ignored.

The other friend we were playing with also kept talking fascinatedly about Electric Furnaces, and I kept telling him that "no, stop day-dreaming, those are late-game techs, we'll be stuck with fuelled furnaces for a very long time", but the tech selection display didn't show that to him in any clear way.

A genuine 2D tech tree would have alleviated both of those.

And also, yes, it'd be super nice to be able to play with inventory unsorted most of the time, but have a keypress to temporarily instant-sort it.

TheWrongCat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheWrongCat »

atgc wrote:My god they're right, the alien artifact has a FACE!
Cannot unsee. Please replace the artwork on this ASAP so I don't have nightmares.

bar10dr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bar10dr »

Peter34 wrote:
bar10dr wrote:
kovarex wrote: Yes, the research tree is going to be a real tree, it is planned for 0.13
Oh god yes!

When showing this game to my friends, the current tech screen is the hardest thing to get them to come to terms with.

(My second pet peeve is not having a button to auto-sort inventory if you have auto-sort turned off, like minecraft mods do it)
When playing the 2nd MP game with a couple of friends, we put one of my friends in charge of research, and because there was no branching-spatial ordering of the techs, he lacked awareness of which techs were early ones, and so on a few occasions, in the early-mid game, I had to remind him to please make sure to pick the "low-hanging fruits", some techs that costs only 10 or 20 red potions which he had ignored.

The other friend we were playing with also kept talking fascinatedly about Electric Furnaces, and I kept telling him that "no, stop day-dreaming, those are late-game techs, we'll be stuck with fuelled furnaces for a very long time", but the tech selection display didn't show that to him in any clear way.

A genuine 2D tech tree would have alleviated both of those.

And also, yes, it'd be super nice to be able to play with inventory unsorted most of the time, but have a keypress to temporarily instant-sort it.
Exactly! :)

AmigoGumball
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AmigoGumball »

Please can we keep the sonic screwdriver though ? He needs to stay.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

AmigoGumball wrote:Please can we keep the sonic screwdriver though ? He needs to stay.
It's not about wanting to keep it

it is about being allowed to keep it. Copyright is a *****.

Return to “News”