Random Ramblings #2

Regular reports on Factorio development.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Random Ramblings #2

Post by kovarex »

After playing with the new weapons for a while and fighting alien bases, I just had to add some late game content that would make the player more powerful.
First I extended the lifetime of the stationary robot capsules from 20s to 30s, but it still wasn't enough. So I made stronger tier of robots that follow the player, and now it is completely different story. The count of following robots is limited by the research, but when upgraded and in full counts (requires lot of resources), the player can go through huge bases like knife through butter. Their acceleration based movement towards the player allows for interesting things. I was playing with these robots few hours already and I found it entertaining, so it it is going to be in 0.7.1 for sure :)
We also agreed, that ammo turrets are less usable in the late game as enemies have resistances against it, so we added gun turret attack modifier research for compensation (as well as extending the range a bit and making the rotation/extension of turrets faster, so they get chance to start shooting before the biter approaches them).

Kuba (bluecube) was able to purge the wiki data from the spam, so it should be possible to revive it, I will have to do it soon.

The spawner graphics is now integrated as well. 2000 samples (ray traces samples) per pixel made it usable, although we will probably render it with more when we get time, as it still isn't totally clear.
Albert also finished some particles to be used on slowed down enemies, and now he started working on the building remnants.

In the meantime we are trying to fix as many bugs as possible.
Attachments
spawners_and_destroyers.jpg
spawners_and_destroyers.jpg (918.68 KiB) Viewed 8809 times

Aarkreinsil
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Random Ramblings #2

Post by Aarkreinsil »

Looks like a good screenshot for Greenlight :?

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

I can't see what happens on the screen, but it looks amazing. ^^
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Proxy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Proxy »

It was a long way, wasn't it?
and it's not even over yet... hehehe

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Nearly three years since this post, and the game is still going stronger than ever. :)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

AutoMcD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AutoMcD »

Everyone hammering the F5 today for the big update and you raise a 3 year old thread from the dead.

Well played.

GameJunky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GameJunky »

My pitchfork is already sharp.... can we use them?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

GameJunky wrote:My pitchfork is already sharp.... can we use them?
You can: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1878&start=20#p90549
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “News”