We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:08 am
-It is illegal to use a dominant position in the world to promote "democracy" at will.
haaahhaha , do you have any law for this ?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
-It is illegal to use armed forces on the territory of a foreign country.

no when the country ask for help it's not illegal, it actually happens a lot, when there are disaster like tsunami or earthquakes.

What Russia did though, sending its military to attack the foreign the country of Ukraine , this has been ruled illegal the only judgment there was.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:32 am
mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:18 am
He said Russia did legally right but not morally, but legally it was considered wrong by the ICJ, and morally it's up to any individual to put the blame on a country or on its leadership or who ever, the original statement that opened this thread is also supporting the Russian people that stand against the war.
This would be a turn if an independent country, which was supported by all of Europe and America, would suddenly say. "Yes! We carried out the genocide of part of the population on the basis of linguistic and geographical principles."

Open the definition of "genocide".

Of course this has nothing to do with reality and all this is a figment of my imagination.

This is complete bullshit. The ICJ which is the Internationnal court of Justice, which Russia is part of, already stated that Russia failed to provide any evidence of genocide occuring.
Djmixxx wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:31 pm
The trick is that legally Russia did everything right. But morally, no.
Legally the only time a court had to say something, they condemn Russia => Reminder :

mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:11 am
Court's reasoning

The court first determined that it had jurisdiction to order provisional relief "pursuant to Article IX of the Genocide Convention," which empowers the ICJ to resolve disputes over the interpretation, application, or fulfillment of the Convention. The court explained that Article IX applied because Russia and Ukraine had a dispute over whether genocide is occurring in Donetsk and Luhansk.

The court then found that Ukraine had "a plausible right not to be subjected to military operations by the Russian Federation for the purpose of preventing and punishing an alleged genocide" in its territory. One reason for this finding was that there was no evidence before the court substantiating Russia's allegations of genocide
. The court also found it "doubtful" that the Convention, in light of its object and purpose, authorizes a contracting party’s unilateral use of force in the territory of another state for the purpose of preventing or punishing an alleged genocide.[20]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine_v ... roceedings

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:26 am
Djmixxx wrote:
no when the country ask for help it's not illegal, it actually happens a lot, when there are disaster like tsunami or earthquakes.
What Russia did though, sending its military to attack the foreign the country of Ukraine , this has been ruled illegal the only judgment there was.
During natural disasters, rescuers usually come.
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:35 am
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
Then why lie about what's illegal in the world ?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:24 am
Djmixxx wrote:
-It is illegal to use a dominant position in the world to promote "democracy" at will.
What laws I am need for this?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:37 am
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
You say it's illegal, just post the law that concern this point in particular, i think you are just writing random crap,

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:36 am
Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
you yourself wrote that the military is needed to protect their country. Then what are they doing in a foreign country?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:38 am
mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:36 am
Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
you yourself wrote that the military is needed to protect their country. Then what are they doing in a foreign country?
Like rescuer during tsunami, they were called by Ukraine official governement to help them, as the 1994 budapest memorandum allow them to do, why you say it's illegal ?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
You say it's illegal, just post the law that concern this point in particular, i think you are just writing random crap,
I post it on the toilet all the time. Personally, I don't think "51% power" is the best form of government.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:40 am
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
I post it on the toilet all the time. Personally, I don't think "51% power" is the best form of government.
we don''t care about your misinformed opinion you said it was illegal, this means against the law, i'm asking you what law ?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

https://www.jurist.org/news/2022/03/icj ... f-ukraine/
The International Court of Justice (ICJ) issued an order Wednesday demanding that Russia “immediately suspend” its military actions in Ukraine.
Ukraine filed a request for provisional measures last month. Provisional measures are emergency actions that bind and “create international legal obligations” for any parties involved in a dispute. To pass temporary measures, the court first established its jurisdiction over the present conflict. Russia and Ukraine are parties to the Genocide Convention, a UN treaty that requires States to submit disputes “relating to the responsibility of a State for genocide” to the ICJ.

Next, the court ensured that Ukraine has a “plausible” right at stake under the Convention. Ukraine seeks provisional measures to protect its right “not to be subjected to another State’s military operations on its territory based on a brazen abuse” of the Genocide Convention. According to the Convention, a State commits genocide if it acts with “intent to destroy” a “national, ethnical, racial or religious group” by killing or harming the group, preventing births within the group, removing children from the group, or imposing conditions on the group meant to “bring about its physical destruction.” The court found Ukraine’s asserted right plausible and found a link between the right and Ukraine’s requested provisional measures.

The ICJ also found “real and imminent risk” to Ukraine’s asserted rights, enabling the court to make provisional three measures. First, Russia must halt the military operation it started in Ukraine last month. Second, Russia must prevent all military personnel from furthering military operations in Ukraine. Third, Ukraine and Russia must not take any action “which might aggravate or extend the dispute before the ICJ or make it more difficult to resolve.”

So what is illegal is what Russia is doing to Ukraine. There was judgment already ....

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:39 am
Like rescuer during tsunami, they were called by Ukraine official governement to help them, as the 1994 budapest memorandum allow them to do, why you say it's illegal ?
When Russia came to Syria at the request of Assad, the whole world wrote differently.

So the one who writes this law decides legally or not legally.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_ ... Assurances
Content

According to the memorandum,[23] Russia, the US and the UK confirmed their recognition of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine becoming parties to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons and effectively abandoning their nuclear arsenal to Russia and that they agreed to the following:

1 Respect Belarusian, Kazakh and Ukrainian independence and sovereignty in the existing borders.[24]
2 Refrain from the threat or the use of force against Belarus, Kazakhstan or Ukraine.
3 Refrain from using economic pressure on Belarus, Kazakhstan or Ukraine to influence their politics.
4 Seek immediate Security Council action to provide assistance to Belarus, Kazakhstan or Ukraine if they "should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used".
5 Refrain from the use of nuclear arms against Belarus, Kazakhstan or Ukraine.
6 Consult with one another if questions arise regarding those commitments.[20][25]

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:

we don''t care about your misinformed opinion you said it was illegal, this means against the law, i'm asking you what law ?
the law of all countries invaded by the US or Russia

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:46 am
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:

the law of all countries invaded by the US or Russia

You said :
Djmixxx wrote:

And you provided nothing to remotely backs up the grotesque claim

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:45 am
3 Refrain from using economic pressure on Belarus, Kazakhstan or Ukraine to influence their politics.
Including these announcements, the U.S. government has now committed nearly $320 million in assistance to Ukraine this year, in addition to the $1 billion sovereign loan guarantee issued in May 2014.
In a country where corruption is at the level of Russia. what could go wrong.

Russia also spent money on Ukraine, but they seem to have been stolen in Russia itself

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:48 am
I heard that Google was banned in Russia, use VPN to see this list.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:48 am
Djmixxx wrote:

mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:45 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_ ... Assurances
Content

According to the memorandum,[23] Russia, the US and the UK confirmed their recognition of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine becoming parties to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons and effectively abandoning their nuclear arsenal to Russia and that they agreed to the following:

1 Respect Belarusian, Kazakh and Ukrainian independence and sovereignty in the existing borders.[24]
2 Refrain from the threat or the use of force against Belarus, Kazakhstan or Ukraine.
4 Seek immediate Security Council action to provide assistance to Belarus, Kazakhstan or Ukraine if they "should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used".
5 Refrain from the use of nuclear arms against Belarus, Kazakhstan or Ukraine.
6 Consult with one another if questions arise regarding those commitments.[20][25]

1) this is not a law
2) this apply to only several party
3) this doesn't involve promotion of democrary
4) there is a difference between giving financial help and putting pressure

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

https://www.jurist.org/news/2022/03/icj ... f-ukraine/

ICJ orders Russia to ‘immediately suspend’ invasion of Ukraine

What's your opinion on this ?

you said Russia did legally right according to many expert but you still haven't given any names and all evidence are pointing against your lies

Return to “News”