We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by jodokus31 »

enterisys wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:06 pm
jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:50 pm
Good question.
I guess, I'm certainly biased due to my education and what experiences i made in my life.
I also think, that I'm good in logical thinking, so I can detect gaps and inconsistencies. (this is what often triggers, what I described as "allergic")
I want to find real truth (not everyone wants that, i suppose) and I have a certain sense for justice, which is based on humanitarian/ethical worldview.

I hope, you also question yourself?
Yes I do.
Thank you for your honest answer.

Considering your fear of WW3 in Europe - NATO and US clearly declared they condemn the invasion but will remain neutral and only direct attack by russia on NATO will lead adequate response (Article 5). russia of course understands that, and considering
a) it's already 1 months anniversary of their "3 day invasion according to plan";
b) 90% of russian army is in Ukraine and are busy holding the front (no significant advances past week or two, need reinforcement but they cant mobilize due to "special military operation" and not war);
c) no allies - 60% Belarus troops do not want to go to war with Ukraine, Kazakhstan - 0 support and complete silence, China - passive, trying to sit on both chairs with russia and US, for them weak or strong russia is a win/win situation.
any escalation is physically impossible and will be a quick finish of the aggressor.

Please let me know if your opinion differs on any of these subject.
Sounds about right.
I wasn't aware on the troops distribution.
I don't fear any nuclear escalation currently. but I'm also not sure how stubborn each party will be in the future. It seems to be a climate, where everybody has a very short patience window.
And why does Zelensky ask for direct NATO support, if that would mean more escalation. Or do I understand something wrong here?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:42 pm
And why does Zelensky ask for direct NATO support, if that would mean more escalation. Or do I understand something wrong here?
Because it will end this war much faster with less civilian casualties and destroyed infrastructure. And russia can only escalate with mobilisation cos all their army is already involved. Mobilised troops are not the best troops.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Sounds about right.
I wasn't aware on the troops distribution.
I don't fear any nuclear escalation currently. but I'm also not sure how stubborn each party will be in the future. It seems to be a climate, where everybody has a very short patience window.
I didn't know either. I would to read about it somewhere. Any links ?
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

ptx0 wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:43 pm
i have no idea why you would out yourself this way as being so ignorant, after spouting off about how ignorant you think everyone else is.
jeez, talk about being spoon-fed a narrative.
Hello. In your country, everyone starts a dialogue with an insult to the interlocutor?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:01 pm
i have no idea why you would out yourself this way as being so ignorant, after spouting off about how ignorant you think everyone else is.
Hello. In your country, everyone starts a dialogue with an insult to the interlocutor?

You did remember your first post ?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Oh no it's offended.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:03 pm

You did remember your first post ?
Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:37 pm
There are Nazis in many countries and only in a few they are supported by the state. Not in all.

I don’t believe that in 8 years it was impossible to peacefully resolve the issue with the Donetsk and Luhansk regions by Ukraina.

Over these 8 years, Ukraine only worsens the situation by starting a forced de-Russification of its Russian-speaking population. The concept of small nationalities was also removed from circulation.

How many steps left for :
"ETHNIC CLEANSING AND GENOCIDE IN THE BALKANS"

Europe helped a lot to BALKANS?

Just sit and wait?

I personally do not support war in any form. And I do not support the Soviet Union version 2, which is now being built in Russia. But I wouldn't want to just sit and wait in the land where I was born and raised.

Yes . This is easy to do on the forum.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:09 pm

Yes . This is easy to do on the forum.
That makes it clear that you had from the start a very informed opinion that you repeatdly posted on a thread called "We support Ukraine".

And it took you 300+ comment to say something like you have no idea why Russia would want to invade Ukraine.

And you think you are the one being insulted when called ignorant ?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:54 pm
Because it will end this war much faster with less civilian casualties and destroyed infrastructure. And russia can only escalate with mobilisation cos all their army is already involved. Mobilised troops are not the best troops.
Russia could escalate with nuclear missiles, when they are getting attacked by NATO, because of right to defend from nations of law, no?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:32 pm
Russia could escalate with nuclear missiles, when they are getting attacked by NATO, because of right to defend from nations of law, no?
This threat has been clarified by kremlin official who said they would use nuclear weapon if russia face existential threat. So clearly NATO will not try to invade Moscow with paratroopers and tanks like EVER, that was already clear for everyone before the war.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

as if that was the beginning to "our dialogue"?

and, why would it have anything to do which country I am from? maybe you simply bring out the best in those you chat with.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

mmmPI wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:44 pm
This threat has been clarified by kremlin official who said they would use nuclear weapon if russia face existential threat. So clearly NATO will not try to invade Moscow with paratroopers and tanks like EVER, that was already clear for everyone before the war.
Any what about a no fly zone? And somebody else as UA is shooting russian aircraft?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

And who said about attacking by NATO?
NATO will be in Ukraine and not in russia.
putin claims there is no occupation, only "special military operation vs nazis of Ukraine".
Dont forget 80% of russians want to be friends with Ukrainians.
How do you explain nuking Ukraine or any other country that came to protect it?

"Hey dudes, I remember you wanted to be friend with UA but we nuked them to ashes, sorry"

Also another government official claimed on fake tv that nuclear weapons will be used in an event of threat to russian existence. How NATO jets over Ukraine threaten russian existence?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:50 pm
putin claims there is no occupation, only "special military operation vs nazis of Ukraine".
How do you explain nuking Ukraine or any other country that came to protect it?\

"Hey dudes, I remember you wanted to be friend with UA but we nuked them to ashes, sorry"
And why NATO does not do it? It would be the ultimate slap into the face of Russia, i suppose, and when it helps to avoid more damage, Or do Western just hope for further economic relations and deescalation?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:49 pm
Any what about a no fly zone? And somebody else as UA is shooting russian aircraft?
That means if a plane gets downed, you have a NATO prisonner of war captured by Russia ? If we talk about no-fly zone, that means NATO uses plane to patrol on the Ukrainian sky and engage any Russian aircraft.

The no-fly zone means engaging your own soldier, this means you are at war, you have dead bodies you need to explain to your citizens. It's different than sending weapon.

I'm no military expert, i'm just repeating the argument i heard from the USA explaining why they don't push for it. ( there is also this story of afghanistan that somewhat reduced their fervor to send troops abroad too )
Last edited by mmmPI on Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

How do you explain nuking Ukraine or any other country that came to protect it?\

When Ukrainian soldiers shoot at Russian soldiers. This is a war between Ukraine and Russia. If Polish soldiers, for example, come to Ukraine and start shooting at Russian soldiers. This is not a war between Russia and Ukraine. This is a war between Russia and Poland.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:57 pm
And why NATO does not do it? It would be the ultimate slap into the face of Russia, i suppose, and when it helps to avoid more damage, Or do Western just hope for further economic relations and deescalation?
We return to
b) 90% of russian army is in Ukraine and are busy holding the front (no significant advances past week or two, need reinforcement but they cant mobilize due to "special military operation" and not war);
They see it and understand that all those weapons they provided for guerilla warfare is enough to stop russian advance. Thats why only small arms and short range defensive weapons were provided. To finish the war you need mid range and offensive weaponry, its good that russian army themselves supply them to Ukrainian army.
Last edited by enterisys on Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:01 pm

When Ukrainian soldiers shoot at Russian soldiers. This is a war between Ukraine and Russia. If Polish soldiers, for example, come to Ukraine and start shooting at Russian soldiers. This is not a war between Russia and Ukraine. This is a war between Russia and Poland.
russian fake TV disagrees with you, Ukrainian soldier are not shooting at russian soldiers, there is no war, only special military operation - peacekeeping.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Fake money for natural gas ep2, now with sanctions.
"This would be a unilateral decision and a clear breach of contract, and it would be an attempt to circumvent the sanctions," European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said at the start of an EU summit in Brussels on March 24.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:03 pm
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:57 pm
We return to
They see it and understand that all those weapons they provided for guerilla warfare is enough to stop russian advance. Thats why only small arms and short range defensive weapons were provided. To finish the war you need mid range and offensive weaponry, its good that russian army themselves supply them to Ukrainian army.
So, its just about, that western states don't want to make their hands dirty/don't want to invest too much money/don't want to explain to citizens?
Germany suddenly wants to invest 100 billion into military. The german army is like dead currently, to much saving and mismanagement. If we get attacked, we can't defend on our own.

Return to β€œNews”