We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by enterisys »

mmmPI wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:04 pm
Seems like the kind of question djmixx would ask
He doesnt ask questions, he just brings his recycled copy-pasta like its truth and nothing else and disappears when presented with facts.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

enterisys wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:07 pm
He doesnt ask questions, he just brings his recycled copy-pasta like its truth and nothing else and disappears when presented with facts.
Well yeah most of the time but sometimes he ask question unrelated or that doesn't make sense like do you think it's good to have a cat with a leftist flag ?

You are in a way annoyed by someone asking you to proove your personnal thinking, and you ask in return to that person to proove her personnal thinking, while the person jokodus is only speculating, while you have facts to back your saying, because you talk about the real situation, while jokodus is speculating, and asking for sources to make its own opinion to know if its speculation are correct or not, like to guide himself.

Jockodus imo seem to be having the "rationnal doubt", he has a "belief" hypothesis, and is looking for answers, contrary to someone like the known troll whose first post is its own opinion, and he kept repeating it ever since, despite being presented with facts.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:10 pm
Well yeah most of the time but sometimes he ask question unrelated or that doesn't make sense like do you think it's good to have a cat with a leftist flag ?
Weird analysis. Not sure, how you guys come to those conclusions.
And where did I disappear, when presented with facts? I must say, that the whole mess of a thread is a fulltime job and I also have to work.
You are in a way annoyed by someone asking you to proove your personnal thinking, and you ask in return to that person to proove her personnal thinking, while the person jokodus is only speculating, while you have facts to back your saying, because you talk about the real situation, while jokodus is speculating, and asking for sources to make its own opinion to know if its speculation are correct or not, like to guide himself.

Jockodus imo seem to be having the "rationnal doubt", he has a "belief" hypothesis, and is looking for answers, contrary to someone like the known troll whose first post is its own opinion, and he kept repeating it ever since, despite being presented with facts.
Exactly. However, i don't believe everything, what is presented as fact.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:40 pm
Weird analysis. Not sure, how you guys come to those conclusions.
And where did I disappear, when presented with facts? I must say, that the whole mess of a thread is a fulltime job and I also have to work.
no djmixx is disappearing when asked question, like he post link, but cannot answer question about the article he link, or make statement that contradict them.
those conclusion are not about you (jodokus31 ) !

he could have asked something like "can you proove you think europe is a potential battlefield for WW ?" that's a very djmixx thing to say.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Why? And what do you do?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:50 pm
Why? And what do you do?
But it's obvious why one shouldn't believe everything, because some people are lying !

He told you what he does, he doesn't believe everything. x)

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:50 pm
Why? And what do you do?
Because, it's not convincing. I think critically, based on logic and what I think is trustworthy. And there is so much lies and propaganda currently. It's not easy to not get caught in some narrative. Black/white thinking is almost always wrong, that's why I'm so allergic to the statements, that Russia or USA is the evil.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:03 pm
Because, it's not convincing. I think critically, based on logic and what I think is trustworthy. And there is so much lies and propaganda currently. It's not easy to not get caught in some narrative. Black/white thinking is almost always wrong, that's why I'm so allergic to the statements, that Russia or USA is the evil.
That just means you are already appealing to what's inside your brain. How can your trust you brain to be right when you are presented with new contradicting information? Surely your allergy will tell you that it's not true, but how can you confirm new information?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Djmixxx wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:39 am
And I have no idea why think, Russia need new territories. Most of Russia is free, lots of resources. And I understand the desire of the West to take possession of these territories (No resources, high density of population). But why does Russia need Ukraine? Only for what the Baltic countries are needed for NATO. A living shield from a potential enemy.
i have no idea why you would out yourself this way as being so ignorant, after spouting off about how ignorant you think everyone else is.

jeez, talk about being spoon-fed a narrative.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:10 pm
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:03 pm
That just means you are already appealing to what's inside your brain. How can your trust you brain to be right when you are presented with new contradicting information? Surely your allergy will tell you that it's not true, but how can you confirm new information?
Good question.
I guess, I'm certainly biased due to my education and what experiences i made in my life.
I also think, that I'm good in logical thinking, so I can detect gaps and inconsistencies. (this is what often triggers, what I described as "allergic")
I want to find real truth (not everyone wants that, i suppose) and I have a certain sense for justice, which is based on humanitarian/ethical worldview.

I hope, you also question yourself?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Re:

Post by ptx0 »

CSO wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:47 pm
concerns that Ukraine would becomes part of Nato
keep in mind Ukraine is a sovereign nation and if they wanted to align with aliens from space, that is their right. Russia is not the parent of Ukraine.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Djmixxx wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:23 pm
I read this and freaked out. How brazenly now you can put anyone you want in the president's chair.

Just a small processing of the civilians by TV show.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Appre ... TV_series)

yeah it's pretty crazy how a TV buffoon can gain so much power and also involve Russian influence

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

ptx0 wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:52 pm
keep in mind Ukraine is a sovereign nation and if they wanted to align with aliens from space, that is their right. Russia is not the parent of Ukraine.
That's actually what Russia is challenging using military. The thing you called "right". isn't it ?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:02 pm
That's actually what Russia is challenging using military. The thing you called "right". isn't it ?
you need to be more clear when you write a response, what is "the thing", what do you mean by "right". there's "right and wrong", there's "human rights".

i don't care for Russia's challenging of Ukrainian sovereignty. and by that, i mean i vehemently disagree with it. just like i would for my own country.

nothing about Russia's invasion is right.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:50 pm
Good question.
I guess, I'm certainly biased due to my education and what experiences i made in my life.
I also think, that I'm good in logical thinking, so I can detect gaps and inconsistencies. (this is what often triggers, what I described as "allergic")
I want to find real truth (not everyone wants that, i suppose) and I have a certain sense for justice, which is based on humanitarian/ethical worldview.

I hope, you also question yourself?
Yes I do.
Thank you for your honest answer.

Considering your fear of WW3 in Europe - NATO and US clearly declared they condemn the invasion but will remain neutral and only direct attack by russia on NATO will lead adequate response (Article 5). russia of course understands that, and considering
a) it's already 1 months anniversary of their "3 day invasion according to plan";
b) 90% of russian army is in Ukraine and are busy holding the front (no significant advances past week or two, need reinforcement but they cant mobilize due to "special military operation" and not war);
c) no allies - 60% Belarus troops do not want to go to war with Ukraine, Kazakhstan - 0 support and complete silence, China - passive, trying to sit on both chairs with russia and US, for them weak or strong russia is a win/win situation.
any escalation is physically impossible and will be a quick finish of the aggressor.

Please let me know if your opinion differs on any of these subject.
Last edited by enterisys on Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:05 pm
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:02 pm
you need to be more clear when you write a response, what is "the thing", what do you mean by "right". there's "right and wrong", there's "human rights".

i don't care for Russia's challenging of Ukrainian sovereignty. and by that, i mean i vehemently disagree with it. just like i would for my own country.

nothing about Russia's invasion is right.
I mean Russia in its war is challenging the right of Ukraine to be aligned with aliens from space. It is also attempting to challenge the idea that such "right" even exist at all.

I should have highlighted the thing in the quote sorry

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:10 pm
I mean Russia in its war is challenging the right of Ukraine to be aligned with aliens from space. It is also attempting to challenge the idea that such "right" even exist at all.

i understand. and Russia gravely miscalculated what would be the result of this challenge.

probably why they gave Nalvany another 9 years yesterday.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:06 pm
China - passive, trying to sit on both chairs with russia and US, for them weak or strong russia is a win/win situation.

I think China is not in a win-win situation because things weren't bad for them before the war. They are quite embarassed by the war because they showed friendship with Putin just before, and now Putin reputation in the world is not very good. Many Chinese people are for Russia because of the official media but also many are for Ukraine because China has history of foreign invaders that are more militarily equipped and come to attack sovereignty like Ukraine is living now.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re:We support Ukraine

Post by mmmPI »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:14 pm
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:10 pm

i understand. and Russia gravely miscalculated what would be the result of this challenge.

probably why they gave Nalvany another 9 years yesterday.
I am only aware of the official "tax evasion" or "money embezzlement" charges. 9 years . That seem a lot but at the same time you risk 15 for criticizing the army.
Did he tax evaded a lot ?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:21 pm
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:06 pm
China - passive, trying to sit on both chairs with russia and US, for them weak or strong russia is a win/win situation.

I think China is not in a win-win situation because things weren't bad for them before the war. They are quite embarassed by the war because they showed friendship with Putin just before, and now Putin reputation in the world is not very good. Many Chinese people are for Russia because of the official media but also many are for Ukraine because China has history of foreign invaders that are more militarily equipped and come to attack sovereignty like Ukraine is living now.
But weak russia is an economic opportunity.
Seeing that China economic growth is slowing down and recession fears are looming, cheap "acquisitions" of russian stuff can pump China economy more.
When sanction's effects will hit in couple years, China will not be saving russia, they will be profiting from them.

Return to β€œNews”