We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:15 am
epr wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:10 am
Whatever happens next, I've got my popcorn ready.
You can take it in seeds. Closest nuclear explosion fry it better.

I really hope I'm kidding.
No risk, since ukrainian only attack dombass and russia try to protect dombass, tchernobyl is away from those region so there is no risk.

Plus there is no heavy weaponry use since the cease fire right ? no tanks, no planes or such.

Or did i miss part of the information there ?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:11 am
In July 2021, the Ukrainian Parliament adopted a Law on Indigenous Peoples. It provides a framework for the protection of the rights of the indigenous peoples of the Crimean Peninsula, namely Crimean Tatars, Karaites and Krymchaks, and excludes Mariupol Greeks as a minority potentially qualifying for the status of the fourth indigenous group residing outside of Crimea.

https://www.ecmi.de/infochannel/detail/ ... population
According to the 2001 census, there were 248,200 Crimean Tatars (Officially recognized and able to study in their native language)

According to the 2001 Ukrainian Census, there were 91,548 ethnic Greeks in Ukraine, or 0.2% of the population. However, the actual percentage of those with Greek ancestry is likely to be much higher. (Officially NOT recognized and NOT able to study in their native language)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russians_in_Ukraine
In the 2001 Ukrainian census, 8,334,100 identified themselves as ethnic Russians
(17.3% of the population of Ukraine) (Officially NOT recognized and NOT able to study in their native language)

No discrimination ?
Correct, tatars live in Crimea and guess whos there. Of course there is special protection just like the jews during ww2.
While greeks live in tank free zone and have same rights as any minority aswell as Ukrainians.

https://ellada94.kiev.ua/ - greek school, problem?

herrkocur
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by herrkocur »

I am visiting Praha right now and when I was going through National Technical Museum I could tell right away where some stuff has been taken inspiration from.

That funfact aside, I'm super impressed how both public transportation, Unis and regular people all display signs of support for Ukraine. Heartwarming!
(Although USA embassy had Ukraine's flags and Germany's… not. Disappointed yes, surprised not at all really.)

And the attachment is from Art Illusion Museum I believe.
Attachments
IMG_20220228_122610.jpg
IMG_20220228_122610.jpg (4.18 MiB) Viewed 3088 times

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:23 am
https://ellada94.kiev.ua/ - greek school, problem?
"адже лише в нас діти не просто вивчають на рівні з англійською новогрецьку мову як іноземну"

Did I understand correctly? All education is in Ukrainian and is it possible to choose Greek as a second foreign language?
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

WarStalkeR wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:06 pm
Also, why for 8 years everybody was so silent about Donetsk and Lugansk, about horror that was going there for entire 8 years?
I want to know the opinion of the people who lives there, not from any state press.

The Ukraine cannot bombing it because it's also the Ukraine, but the Russia cannot bombing it because (as I heard) there lives a lot of people oriented to the Russia.

aaleo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aaleo »

snow-factory wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:46 am

In 1917-1919 there was no "genocide on Russians". There was a Russian civil wars. If anybody was killing Russians en-masse, I was other Russians.

Yes, I am aware of the "Czechoslovak legion" and how this tiny volunteer force had been kicking Bolsheviks' army ass for quite long, but war is not a genocide. They were fighting at the side of the official Russian Republic forces - who eventually lost to Bolsheviks and made the history of the conflict.

And as for helping the Czechs. We do especially remember your help in 1968-1991. And by help I mean occupation. Please never ever help us again.
Killing civilians in your opinion is not genocide, I understand that. Under 50,000 the number is, in your opinion, "little". Why didn’t they just go home, but got involved in hostilities? Is this a "civil" war or is it intervention? Yaroslav Hasek was also not a Czech? Although I think he would not consider you a Czech. Sudetenland when you were selected by your heroes fled. I wonder why? What led to the events of 1968 was not explained to you? Czechs have a short memory. Your knowledge of history is very superficial. You don't need to show it off.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

darkfrei wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:33 am
The Ukraine cannot bombing it because it's also the Ukraine.
Just read about end of Yugoslavia. Also one big country.
I hope you never know the power of Nazism in people's heads. Their desire to be able to control other people's lives like gods.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:32 am
"адже лише в нас діти не просто вивчають на рівні з англійською новогрецьку мову як іноземну"

Did I understand correctly? All education is in Ukrainian and is it possible to choose Greek as a second foreign language?
Of course its foreign language. Is Greek a native language in russia?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:52 am
I hope you never know the power of Nazism in people's heads. Their desire to be able to control other people's lives like gods.
But thats exactly what putin is doing to you and russian citizens through fakes and lies?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:05 pm
But thats exactly what putin is doing to you and russian citizens through fakes and lies?
He is my on same level as and yours. Hello from Latvia. I am not support any government in this war. Only civilians from both sides.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:04 pm
Of course its foreign language. Is Greek a native language in russia?
Ok. And how can a child be educated and benefit his country if he is born into a Greek-speaking family?
In Latvia, the local Nazis have such a phrase: "suitcase, railways station, Russia" . Shows very well that the country itself does not bother, only the purity of the race.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I'm sure Ukraine isn't innocent in everything that was happening in their country, but at the same time, neither was Russia. I'm also sure many of the claims of "atrocities" and "Nazism" are completely blown out of proportion.

Regardless of anything, though, Russia still had no business invading Ukraine.

And yes, neither did the US to Iraq.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:27 pm
Ok. And how can a child be educated and benefit his country if he is born into a Greek-speaking family?
In Latvia, the local Nazis have such a phrase: "suitcase, railways station, Russia" . Shows very well that the country itself does not bother, only the purity of the race.
OK means Greek is native language in russia? Lie.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:58 pm
OK means Greek is native language in russia? Lie.
Where you found this in my post?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:01 pm
Where you found this in my post?
I asked you a question and you answered.

tuhe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tuhe »

What I have learned from Russian media is that Ukraine is run by a nato-aligned nazi minority who are oppressing and doing terrible things to the good and innocent Russians living there. Fortunately, the Russian government is there to liberate this oppressed majority.

I just got one question. We had about 1M refugees cross our borders so far -- since people tend to flee towards the liberators instead of the captors, I can only ask how many million people you had fleeing to Russia?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

tuhe wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:55 pm
What I have learned from Russian media is that Ukraine is run by a nato-aligned nazi minority who are oppressing and doing terrible things to the good and innocent Russians living there. Fortunately, the Russian government is there to liberate this oppressed majority.

I just got one question. We had about 1M refugees cross our borders so far -- since people tend to flee towards the liberators instead of the captors, I can only ask how many million people you had fleeing to Russia?
Well, don't you know? Everyone outside of Russia (and their allies) are Nazis. NATO is Nazi run. All of the governments of all the other countries that are condemning them are Nazi run. Even the civilians are Nazi if they disapprove and speak out against anything Russia does.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

MOP3E
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MOP3E »

Examples of dehumanization of Russians in Ukraine.
The inscription on the sign: "Shawarma of Russian children".
The channel "Life of Kharkov". The inscription under the cartoon: "Russians are not people."
Inscriptions on the labels: "Stewed Lugansk separatist", "Separatist in sour cream".
Inscriptions on the labels: "Orthodox bullfinch", "Separatist in sour cream", "Separatist in butter".
A dish from some Ukrainian restaurant.
Cooking competition at school. Names of dishes: "Tanks "On Moscow", "Zhirinovsky's Brain", "Blood of Russian babies".

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Head of russian military division with swastika.

MOP3E
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MOP3E »

The image above is Ukrainian propaganda, invented by Ukrainian (or American) political strategists. The emblem of the Wagner group is unknown to anyone. Because this group doesn't exist. This is a collective name invented in the West by the Russian special operations forces operating secretly in the hot spots of the planet.

Return to “News”