We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by jodokus31 »

enterisys wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:57 am
jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:30 am
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:58 pm
His biggest ambition is conquering as much territories and for his ancestors to remember him as biggest tzar in the world, and not destroying everything.
That's speculation from my POV or where is the proof?
The proof is that russia always lies. They say they are not invading = invade. We will target NATO weapons convoys = they dont. We will use nukes = we wont. Easy.
I would start worrying if they didnt threat with nukes lol.
That's not a proof. Honestly, it's not even related to the original claim.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:31 am
His biggest ambition is conquering as much territories and for his ancestors to remember him as biggest tzar in the world, and not destroying everything.
The proof is that russia always lies. They say they are not invading = invade. We will target NATO weapons convoys = they dont. We will use nukes = we wont. Easy.
What kind of proof you want? That russians lie all the time?
We dont want to invade = they invade. We will not occupy any territories = they star occupying Kherson and Melitopol. It IS in original claim.
putin is 70 year old fart, by the looks of it he wants to put his name into history next to stalin and lenin.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Not everything that is true can be prooven in math ! If it's a wild speculation on someone's intention you can't proove by a material thing the existence of the intention, you can only have clues that would help you make your mind, no proof.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novorossi ... n)#History

This maybe will help you understand why some people consider it a fact that Putin shown expantionnist ambition. The view of the russian government is that it is not expansion, merely re-conquest of lost territory at the fall of the USSR.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Back in 2005, during his address to the Federal Assembly, Putin called the collapse of the USSR the biggest geopolitical catastrophe of the century. Subsequently, he repeatedly returned to this topic in his speeches.

Moscow. 2nd of March 2018. INTERFAX.RU - Russian President Vladimir Putin said that the main historical event that he would like to change is the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Not WW2, not WW1, but collapse of the USSR.
Is that proof or fake?

World War II was the deadliest military conflict in history. An estimated total of 70–85 million people perished, or about 3% of the 2.3 billion (est.) people on Earth in 1940.[1] Deaths directly caused by the war (including military and civilian fatalities) are estimated at 50–56 million, with an additional estimated 19–28 million deaths from war-related disease and famine. Civilian deaths totaled 50–55 million.

And that's proof that putin doesnt care about his citizen or any human lives. Thats why he already lost 30k-40k of killed/wounded soldiers already and ready to loose even more. Obviously because before and after WW2 USSR was as big as it could ever be.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:00 am
Is that proof or fake?
It's not fake as far as i'm aware, but it's not a "proof" , one has to consider he could be lying.

Though in this context the interest of such lie is not so clear. One could imagine that he said those things to appeal to some factions in the interior political scene, or that those saying were not meant to be used as justification for future war.

( btw even the dishonnest djmixxx stated that soviet union 2.0 was being built in his first post )

I have also heard Putin says that he thought the collapse of the USSR was the most tragic event of the 20th century because it left 33 million (ethnic)russian out of the Russian federation. Those includes all the people that were sent by former USSR to "russify" certain area. But also many people in the modern industrial cities made by the USSR at the time of their high.

I was made aware of this before the war, i knew it was something important in the political discourse of the kremlin. To me it seem inconsistent with triggering a war that makes in practice, the situation for those russian minorities living outside of russia, MUCH WORSE !

Therefore i consider it either cynical instrumentation of those people's history to justify political violence, or a mistake/failure of the invasion that resulted in much more suffering for everyone than if the invasion was never attempted.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

mmmPI wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:18 am
Those includes all the people that were sent by former USSR to "russify" certain area.
Good statement. Also shout out to djmix ancestors kekw.

Lets not forget how this came to exists:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5K4tq-9osc

tuhe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tuhe »

Then there are also the Russian propaganda-muppets who have long been pushing the line that Russia is in a war with the west:
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/stat ... 6932749319

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:26 am
Good statement. Also shout out to djmix ancestors kekw.
No he claimed to come from latvia ! the northern most baltic state, estonia is the middle one and lithuania is the southern most ! Lithuania was a very very large country reaching all the way to ukraine in the past ! It was allied with Poland under what was called the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish%E2 ... mmonwealth

Factorio is my favourite game, it's great to learn about math programmation and electronic, but i also played europa universalis, i dislike the game in itself, it's super expensive, buggy as hell, always adding new dlc instead of fixing the bugs, and implayable without all dlc, i definitly dont recommand purchasing the game, although playing it is quite a good tool for learning history from 1444 to 1810 or so. It allows the player to put himself on the perspective of any country/nation. And to learn the past of other nation than the place where you were born :)

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Do you understand the difference between "lying" and "don't do it yet"?
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:38 am

No he claimed to come from latvia ! the northern most baltic state, estonia is the middle one and lithuania is the southern most ! Lithuania was a very very large country reaching all the way to ukraine in the past ! It was allied with Poland under what was called the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth !
:lol: Have you tried looking at the map? I understand that not every map shows these countries. But the mouse has a wheel, if you turn it, the map becomes larger.

I went to Germany in 1995. It was easier to say "from Russia" than to explain to a German where Latvia is.
Last edited by Djmixxx on Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:49 am
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:38 am

:lol: Have you tried looking at the map?
Oh right you are correct i knew lithuania is the southern most, but it's actually estonia the northern most and latvia the central one, i made a mistake

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:49 am
I went to Germany in 1995. It was easier to say "from Russia" than to explain to a German where Latvia is.

Yeah you learn that at school when you are young, but then things change and you need reliable source of information to keep track of things

Riga doesn't move like St Petersburg doesn't move, but there are soldiers that come by to move the borders

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latvian_S ... t_Republic
Last edited by mmmPI on Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:46 am
Do you understand the difference between "lying" and "don't do it yet"?
Read again.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Read again.

You were asked for proof that Putin want to capture many territories. You have written this. What else is there to read?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

the answers ?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:24 am
Read again.

You were asked for proof that Putin want to capture many territories. You have written this. What else is there to read?
Read again. Maybe use google translate.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:00 am
Back in 2005, during his address to the Federal Assembly, Putin called the collapse of the USSR the biggest geopolitical catastrophe of the century. Subsequently, he repeatedly returned to this topic in his speeches.

Moscow. 2nd of March 2018. INTERFAX.RU - Russian President Vladimir Putin said that the main historical event that he would like to change is the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Not WW2, not WW1, but collapse of the USSR.
Is that proof or fake?

World War II was the deadliest military conflict in history. An estimated total of 70–85 million people perished, or about 3% of the 2.3 billion (est.) people on Earth in 1940.[1] Deaths directly caused by the war (including military and civilian fatalities) are estimated at 50–56 million, with an additional estimated 19–28 million deaths from war-related disease and famine. Civilian deaths totaled 50–55 million.

And that's proof that putin doesnt care about his citizen or any human lives. Thats why he already lost 30k-40k of killed/wounded soldiers already and ready to loose even more. Obviously because before and after WW2 USSR was as big as it could ever be.
I don't think it's fake. But it does not proof the conclusion and also not, that
Collapse of sovjet union is something, he probably could have changed. WW2 was before his time.
Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:41 am
What kind of proof you want? That russians lie all the time?
We dont want to invade = they invade. We will not occupy any territories = they star occupying Kherson and Melitopol. It IS in original claim.
putin is 70 year old fart, by the looks of it he wants to put his name into history next to stalin and lenin.
"Russian lie all the time" needs also to be proven. Just several examples of lies (if they really are, which I don't want to contest right know) does prove nothing. It's more according to the saying: If somebody lies one time, he always lie.
If you say "russians lie all the time", it is also wrong from pure logical angle. Somebody cannot always lie, because he won't be able to communicate
Also some insults don't prove anything.
I have also heard Putin says that he thought the collapse of the USSR was the most tragic event of the 20th century because it left 33 million (ethnic)russian out of the Russian federation. Those includes all the people that were sent by former USSR to "russify" certain area. But also many people in the modern industrial cities made by the USSR at the time of their high.
So, after USSR collapsed or disbanded or whatever (which also was a bit fishy IMO), they dream of reunion. Is there anything bad about that? I mean, there are a lot of people in those countries, who don't want that, I get that.
But that also is not "conquering as much territories...in the world"
IMO, the above sentence is a conscious exaggeration, which helps to create a concept of an enemy.
But please proof me wrong...
Last edited by jodokus31 on Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:37 pm
I do not support the Soviet Union version 2, which is now being built in Russia.
I'm quoting this because i refered to it as an element that support the fact that there are some narratives out there about expansion, otherwise why would you have this written ?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:31 am
Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:37 pm
I do not support the Soviet Union version 2, which is now being built in Russia.
I'm quoting this because i refered to it as an element that support the fact that there are some narratives out there about expansion, otherwise why would you have this written ?

I did not write that he is restoring the old USSR. He creates new. This does not mean the return of territories, the idea is of ​​​​a closed state with strict censorship.

And I have no idea why think, Russia need new territories. Most of Russia is free, lots of resources. And I understand the desire of the West to take possession of these territories (No resources, high density of population). But why does Russia need Ukraine? Only for what the Baltic countries are needed for NATO. A living shield from a potential enemy.
Last edited by Djmixxx on Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:30 am
So, after USSR collapsed or disbanded or whatever (which also was a bit fishy IMO), they dream of reunion. Is there anything bad about that? I mean, there are a lot of people in those countries, who don't want that, I get that.
But that also is not "conquering as much territories...in the world"

IMO, the sentence is a conscious exaggeration, which helps to create a concept of an enemy.
But please proof me wrong...
What part is an exaggeration ? the 33 million is not my figure, i quote it from a speech of mister putin i heard that's the official figure from the russian gouvernment and it's not really constested as far as i know.

I am not the one calling "good" and "bad" label on things, i try not to use such simplistic terms, there is nothing "bad" in having a dream, the reality is a not a dreamworld that is unique for everyone though , one definition of the freedom, is that it's stops where someone's else freedom starts, if a minority people want my country to become a califate and dream about it's not my dream, who decide who's dream is valuable ? The concept of independance and soverignty, territorial integrity, those are the basis of the attempt mankind made to have some code of conduct such as laws, to prevent escalation of conflict into violence.

Who is the "they" ?

i haven't used the term "conquering as much territories" myself so please don't accuse me of exageration for this term, i used the term expansion, and i didn't say it was my belief personnaly, i said that people like djmixxxx say it, also that there speech of putin that could indiquate a will of expansion, i also said that the kremlin voice say it's re-conquest from lost territory by the USSR and pointed out as the political project of novorossyia as something that is factual and could indicate an "intention" even though i carefully said you can't proove an intention, one can only inform and make its own opinion.

Return to β€œNews”