We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by mmmPI »

mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:40 am
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:34 am
Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:29 am
Interesting references to propaganda. I probably won’t be able to explain to you the difference between propaganda and official diplomatic papers.

It's like listening to the contents of a mortgage agreement from a manager or reading all 196 pages yourself.
So in other words, you're saying that an official statement from the President of Russia, stating that (in part) one of their reasons for invading Ukraine is to stop the genocide of the Donbass region... what? Doesn't count?
I think he is trying to say that it's too complicated to read the 20 page report made by the ICJ to explain the case :

https://www.icj-cij.org/public/files/ca ... -00-EN.pdf
I read the thing, there was 15 judge, including 1 from Russia, yet the verdict was to condemn Russia.

Why do you say it's not illegal ?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

86. For these reasons,THE COURT, Indicates the following provisional measures:
(1) By thirteen votes to two,The Russian Federation shall immediately suspend the military operations that it commenced on 24 February 2022 in the territory of Ukraine;IN FAVOUR: President Donoghue; JudgesTomka, Abraham, Bennouna, Yusuf, Sebutinde, Bhandari, Robinson, Salam, Iwasawa, Nolte, Charlesworth; Judge ad hoc Daudet;AGAINST: Vice-President Gevorgian; Judge Xue;

(2) By thirteen votes to two,The Russian Federation shall ensure that any military or irregular armed units which may be directed or supported by it, as well as any organizations and persons which may be subject to its control or direction, take no steps in furtherance of the military operations referred to in point (1) above;IN FAVOUR: President Donoghue; JudgesTomka, Abraham, Bennouna, Yusuf, Sebutinde, Bhandari, Robinson, Salam, Iwasawa, Nolte, Charlesworth; Judge ad hoc Daudet;AGAINST: Vice-President Gevorgian; Judge Xue;

(3) Unanimously,Both Parties shall refrain from any action which might aggravate or extend the dispute before the Court or make it more difficult to resolve.Done in English and in French, the English text being authoritative, at the Peace Palace, The Hague, this sixteenth day of March, two thousand and twenty-two, in three copies, one of which will be placed in the archives of the Court and the others transmitted to the Government of Ukraine and the Government of the Russian Federation, respectively.
This is pretty clear even from someone that is not a lawyier right ?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:08 am
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:39 pm
[...] how [do] you think an article about US soldiers in Ukraine, working with the legally established government in training their military, has any correlation to Russia secretly sending troops into Ukraine to destabilize eastern regions of the country?
Any interference in the affairs of an independent state is illegal.

-Starting a revolution is illegal.
-It is illegal to overthrow a substantial government.
-It is illegal to influence on the government financially.
-Media censorship is illegal.
-It is illegal to use armed forces on the territory of a foreign country.
-It is illegal to use a dominant position in the world to promote "democracy" at will.

I can fantasize a lot here, but nothing has changed in the world since the appearance of man. The one who is stronger is right.
Explain to me how the US troops, invited and welcomed in by the legally established government to give training to their military forces, qualifies for any of that.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Donbas miners with russian passports and middle-east accent upgrading accuracy for upcoming naZi tanks.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:19 pm
Truth.

Change Russia to Ukraine, Putin to Zelinsky and it will also be true. 8-)
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:05 am
86. For these reasons,THE COURT, Indicates the following provisional measures:
(1) By thirteen votes to two,The Russian Federation shall immediately suspend the military operations that it commenced on 24 February 2022 in the territory of Ukraine;IN FAVOUR: President Donoghue; JudgesTomka, Abraham, Bennouna, Yusuf, Sebutinde, Bhandari, Robinson, Salam, Iwasawa, Nolte, Charlesworth; Judge ad hoc Daudet;AGAINST: Vice-President Gevorgian; Judge Xue;

(2) By thirteen votes to two,The Russian Federation shall ensure that any military or irregular armed units which may be directed or supported by it, as well as any organizations and persons which may be subject to its control or direction, take no steps in furtherance of the military operations referred to in point (1) above;IN FAVOUR: President Donoghue; JudgesTomka, Abraham, Bennouna, Yusuf, Sebutinde, Bhandari, Robinson, Salam, Iwasawa, Nolte, Charlesworth; Judge ad hoc Daudet;AGAINST: Vice-President Gevorgian; Judge Xue;

(3) Unanimously,Both Parties shall refrain from any action which might aggravate or extend the dispute before the Court or make it more difficult to resolve.Done in English and in French, the English text being authoritative, at the Peace Palace, The Hague, this sixteenth day of March, two thousand and twenty-two, in three copies, one of which will be placed in the archives of the Court and the others transmitted to the Government of Ukraine and the Government of the Russian Federation, respectively.
This is pretty clear even from someone that is not a lawyier right ?
I don't understand why you post links to a court whose decision is purely informative. You might as well write a judgment in Zimbabwe.
How can an international court enforce its decisions? I like the USA, they immediately said that in relation to America, this court can shove its decisions into one dark place. and at the same time wrote sanctions to the judges, so that they would not be clever.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:23 pm
Donbas miners with russian passports and middle-east accent upgrading accuracy for upcoming naZi tanks.
And these drunken miners are destroying a NATO standard army into which billions of money have been poured. I'm afraid to imagine what they can when not drunk.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:58 am
4) there is a difference between giving financial help and putting pressure
Well, tell me what's the difference. At the same time, tell us how this differs from lobbying, legalized in the United States.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:51 pm
I don't understand why you post links to a court whose decision is purely informative. You might as well write a judgment in Zimbabwe.
How can an international court enforce its decisions? I like the USA, they immediately said that in relation to America, this court can shove its decisions into one dark place. and at the same time wrote sanctions to the judges, so that they would not be clever.
That's because you said the law where written by the strong, and yet USA didn't wrote those otherwise they didn't acted like you describe, Russia is part of that court, which is funny because they take part of it and then when the court disagree with them, they don't apply it, similar to what the USA does yet low IQ troll think it's a valid argument to justify the war ongoing. Plus you said many experts said something and you couldn't name any, not just 1, you tried to link an article in Russian you didn't understood where the only expert predicted correctly that the ICJ would not consider valid Russia's argument. Not counting the 141 countries that voted against Russia's invasion.

Edit : Oh and since you seem so ignorant, for the USA it happened in 2005 and it was Georges W Bush in power, since there was Obama, twice, Trump and Biden, and the stance has evolved positively. Wanna compare with Russia ?
Last edited by mmmPI on Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:57 pm
mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:58 am
4) there is a difference between giving financial help and putting pressure
Well, tell me what's the difference. At the same time, tell us how this differs from lobbying, legalized in the United States.
Giving help is when the person ask for it, puting pressure is when you threaten them to cut the gas for example.

lobbyist don't give help to people when they ask for it, you must be pretty ignorant to think they are good person

Glad to see you didn't find anything to say to the 3 other point, just didn't understood point 4) and seriously if you don't know the difference when you help someone and when you put pressure on the person, i think it's because you have limited capacity and it's a bit scary for the people you could try to help.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmix attempt to argument :
What not to do :
Djmixxx wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:31 pm
The trick is that legally Russia did everything right. But morally, no.

Many experts write about this trick like this:
Russia used this provision of international law, but it cannot be used like that. This is called the duality of the interpretation of the law.
mmmPI wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:56 pm
What expert are you talking about ?

Inside the article :
Однако в том или ином случае тот факт, что какое-то государство в прошлом поступало неправомерно — что Запад точно делал — не дает права другим государствам тоже действовать неправомерно Особенно настолько неправомерно, как это делает сейчас Россия.
Translation :
However, in one case or another, the fact that a state has acted wrongly in the past—which the West certainly has done—does not entitle other states to act wrongfully as well. Especially as illegal as Russia is doing now.
( doesn't prevent djmix from using the very same argument that is considered not-valid by the person he cites himself )
По моему мнению, юридически это очень однозначный случай — Россия абсолютно четко нарушила международное право, так что Генассамблея примет соответствующую резолюцию.
Translation :
Russia absolutely clearly violated international law, so the General Assembly will adopt an appropriate resolution.
ICJ and UN general assembly both condemning the invasion as the expert quoted by djmixxx has predicted.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:40 pm
Truth.

Change Russia to Ukraine, Putin to Zelinsky and it will also be true. 8-)
Lie.

If you say war in Ukraine you dont go to jail for up to 15 years (:

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:23 pm
And these drunken miners are destroying a NATO standard army into which billions of money have been poured. I'm afraid to imagine what they can when not drunk.
I see AKs and soviet tanks are a NATO standard in russian military telegram.
Then russia would be also NATA standard if they could stop drinking and smoking near explosives.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:26 pm
ICJ and UN general assembly both condemning the invasion as the expert quoted by djmixxx has predicted.
Who should give a legal assessment of the actions of Russia - did it rightfully use the right to self-defense or not?

- Nobody. There is no centralized justice system in the world. Most likely, there will be no court that will give any final assessment, if only because Russia does not submit to the jurisdiction of such courts.
I still do not understand what you want to say showing the decision of this court. This court is created for the punishment of small countries and cannot influence the participants in this court.
Well, the right to self-defense, which Article 51 gives, is not the first time it has been turned on its head and applied without any reason - many states have done this before.
I do not support Russia's attack on Ukraine, no matter how much you would like it. But I am not going to support countries that used the same reason to attack other countries that Russia used to attack Ukraine
Last edited by Djmixxx on Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38005282

Russia withdraws from International Criminal Court treaty
The decision came after an ICC ruling that Russia's activity in Crimea amounted to an "ongoing occupation".

Russia thus joins the US and other nations which have rejected the court.
16 November 2016

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

https://www.republicworld.com/world-new ... eshow.html
Russia Says International Court Of Justice Has No Jurisdictional Rights On Ukraine Matter
After skipping the International Court of Justice's (ICJ) hearing last week, Russia has now stated that the UN international court has no jurisdictional rights over the Ukraine matter. The Parliament of Ukraine, Verkhovna Rada, informed that the ICJ in The Hague received a written objection from Russia against the application of precautionary measures on Ukraine’s complaint. It said that the Russian Federation has stated that the UN court has no jurisdiction to consider the case of the use of force in Ukraine.

It is to mention that last month, Ukraine instituted proceedings against Russia urging the court to call upon the Vladimir Putin regime to immediately halt all military actions in the territory of the former Soviet nation. It contended that Russia's rationale to commence a special military operation was based on a "lie" that genocide had been committed in Luhansk and Donetsk. However, amid its ongoing invasion of Ukraine, Russia refused to participate in the ICJ hearing on the application of the war-hit nation.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Hope the pilots are OK

Requesting that ruskibot with video editing skills to confirm if its fake or not.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Legality of invasion under domestic criminal codes
See also: Universal jurisdiction

Some commentators noted that in addition to violating international law, the invasion of Ukraine violated some countries' domestic criminal codes, including those of Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, and Poland.[13][14] For example, Article 353 of the Russian Criminal Code prohibits planning, preparing, unleashing, or waging an aggressive war.[66] The criminal codes of Ukraine (article 437), Belarus (article 122), and Poland (article 117) have similar prohibitions. Any country seeking to begin a prosecution under its national laws would need to either have territorial jurisdiction over crimes arising out of the invasion of Ukraine or allow for universal jurisdiction. State immunity doctrines would be another obstacle to prosecution.[13]

Under international criminal law's principle of universal jurisdiction,[67][68] investigations were opened in Estonia, Germany, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.[69][70]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_ ... of_Ukraine

"many expert believe Putin will win his trial in Russia because of that trick called "death threat to the judge""
" zero expert without rubble in the pocket think Putin could could win a trial anywhere else "

Chapter 34. Crimes Against the Peace and Security Mankind Article

353. Planning, Preparing, Unleashing, or Waging on Aggressive War

1. Planning, preparing, or unleashing an aggressive warShall be punishable by deprivation of liberty for a term of seven to fifteen years.
2. Waging an aggressive war, Shall be punishable by deprivation of liberty for a term of 10 to 20 years.
souce : The Criminal Code Of The Russian Federation No. 63-Fz Of June 13, 1996
https://www.wipo.int/edocs/lexdocs/laws ... u080en.pdf

" muuu there is no war muuuu muuuu "
"also the war will end one day"
"also everything is legal using this trick"

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:42 pm
Well, the right to self-defense, which Article 51 gives, is not the first time it has been turned on its head and applied without any reason - many states have done this before.
I do not support Russia's attack on Ukraine, no matter how much you would like it. But I am not going to support countries that used the same reason to attack other countries that Russia used to attack Ukraine

Ukraine attacked who ?

Return to “News”