We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:16 pm
Djmixxx wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:08 pm
You cant call someone a Ukrainian resident if he has russian passport, russian money in his pocket, russian AK in his arms and riding russian tank in Donetsk.
Yes, there were plenty of them in 2014 in Ukraine.
Good to see russians finally acknowledging russian invasion in 2014.
This is as true as the US invasion of the territory of Ukraine.
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:26 pm
enterisys wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
You cant call someone a Ukrainian resident if he has russian passport, russian money in his pocket, russian AK in his arms and riding russian tank in Donetsk.
Do you have the US military medal to compare ?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:29 pm
Djmixxx wrote:
enterisys wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
I can draw as much as you like.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/12/pentago ... raine.html

Marvelous. Russian soldiers in Ukraine "this is an attack." US soldiers in Ukraine, "they teach us about democracy."

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
enterisys wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
I want some of what youre sniffing.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Look you said you speak Russian, maybe you can help translating those document :

http://web.archive.org/web/201809200843 ... 324&page=2

They feature this medal :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_%22 ... _Crimea%22

I used a link from the wayback machine because for some reason the source from wikipedia [4] is not available in the current time.
As it can be seen at the photo of the reverse side of the medal Russian Defense Ministry has clearly indicated the term of the campaign: February 20 — March 18, 2014. Official date of the beginning of the "Return of Crimea" operation appears February 20 when Viktor Yanukovych was still in office as Ukraine's head of state. In fact, only the next day President Yanukovych left Kyiv, and it was already 22 February 2014 when the Parliament of Ukraine adopted the Resolution "On the dissociation of the President of Ukraine from fulfillment of constitutional powers and appointment of early presidential elections in Ukraine", used by Russia as a pretext for accusations of the alleged "unconstitutional coup in Ukraine". The fact that (according to the medal) Crimea started its "return" to Russia two days before Yanukovych's removal from power and his resignation from the post of the President of Ukraine can be considered as an indirect proof that Russia launched its operation against Ukraine of seizing the Crimean peninsula on February 20, 2014.[5]

Interestingly enough the source [3] is also a missing link :
The Medal "For the Return of Crimea" (Russian: Медаль «За возвращение Крыма», romanized: Medal "Za vosvrashchenie Kryma") is a Russian campaign medal of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation.[2] The existence of the awards was also confirmed by Yaroslav Roshchupkin, an employee of the Central Military press service.[3]
Good thing the internet has many copies of those here is one :

https://archive.org/details/B-001-004-132

If that is not some kind of official recognition i don't know what is

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:41 pm
Djmixxx wrote:
enterisys wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
It is to weak for you. The effect of Ukrainian propaganda hits the brain much better.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:40 pm
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
enterisys wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:

Marvelous. Russian soldiers in Ukraine "this is an attack." US soldiers in Ukraine, "they teach us about democracy."
“This repositioning does not signify a change in our determination to support Ukraine’s Armed Forces, but will provide flexibility in assuring allies and deterring aggression,” he added.

Earlier on Saturday, a senior State Department official said that the diplomatic staff at the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv will be reduced to the “bare minimum.”

The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to share details of the State Department’s posture in Ukraine, also issued fresh warnings to U.S. citizens that have not yet departed the country.

“It is past time for private citizens to leave Ukraine,” explained the senior State Department official.

“American citizens should not expect that the U.S. military is going to rescue them in Ukraine at the last minute. That’s not going to be happening in this scenario. And that’s why it is past time for them to leave Ukraine,” the official added.
A view shows the U.S. embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine January 24, 2022.
The U.S. embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine January 24, 2022.
Gleb Garanich | Reuters

“We do a great deal to provide support for our fellow citizens. But as you know, there are real limits to what we are able to do in a war zone,” the official said.

The Polish government also appeared to wave entry requirements for U.S. citizens in Ukraine. According to a Buzzfeed news reporter, the State Department sent a notice to Americans in Ukraine late Saturday, once again urging them to leave, saying they could enter Poland without advanced approval.

“Poland has indicated to the U.S. government that U.S. citizens may now enter Poland through the land border with Ukraine. No advanced approval is required,” the note said.

Several other nations, including the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and the U.K., are also calling on their nationals to leave the Eastern European country. Dutch airline KLM on Saturday canceled flights to Kyiv indefinitely. The airline cited travel risks and an “extensive safety analysis.”
Early morning calls

Several early morning calls were made between Washington and Moscow.

The Pentagon said Austin discussed “Russia’s force build-up in Crimea and around Ukraine” with Russian Minister of Defense Sergey Shoygu. Similarly, Secretary of State Antony Blinken, who is currently on diplomatic travel to Fiji, spoke to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and warned that further Russian aggression would be met with a “resolute, massive and united Transatlantic response.”.

You really are bad at chronology, your article which you probably didn't even read is from 2022, this is because there is a treaty called Budapest memorandum signed in 1994 during which Ukraine agreed to give back its nuclear weapon for a promise of security guarantee from USA UK and RUSSIA.

In 2014 obviously Russia didn't respect its part of the deal, given the medal and the many pictures and dead bodies amongst other proof of their 2014 attack on Ukraine.

Since then, Ukraine has asked the other member of the treaty to help them, which they could do don't you think ? since they have signed a treaty giving security guarantee.

This probably helped a lot Ukraine protecting its territory against Russia during the second invasion attempt in 2022, also this very decision makes the russian propaganda ridiculous when they say NATO has started this when the article you quote yourself is about the USA trying to de-escalate the conflict.

There is still no explanation on your side as to why it suddenly all occur the February 24, why not 1 month before or after ? since it was during 8 years , why Putin not do something before ? why build up many troop and make everyone well aware of the invasion and prepare themselves, and then invade at a point where the resistance is going to be ready ?
Last edited by mmmPI on Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
enterisys wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:

Quote from article:
In November, 160 members of the Florida National Guard, assigned to the 53rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, deployed to Ukraine to train with local forces.
They were there to train with the government's forces, not oppose them. That's not an invasion.
Djmixxx wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:47 pm
enterisys wrote:
It is to weak for you. The effect of Ukrainian propaganda hits the brain much better.
Well obviously you're a lightweight, then, if whatever you're sniffing makes you think that linked article compares in some way to Russia sending soldiers to instigate uprisings.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:53 pm
You really are bad at chronology, your article which you probably didn't even read is from 2022, this is because there is a treaty called Budapest memorandum signed in 1994 during which Ukraine agreed to give back its nuclear weapon for a promise of security guarantee from USA UK and RUSSIA.
And where did Ukraine get nuclear weapons from? :shock: Maybe it was not Ukrainian nuclear weapons? maybe it was a nuclear weapon of the USSR? Ukraine wanted to steal it? As far as I heard, only Russia became the legal successor of the USSR. So I don't really understand what kind of "Ukrainian" nuclear weapon you are talking about. Especially considering that all the control codes for these weapons were in Moscow.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
There is still no explanation on your side as to why it suddenly all occur the February 24, why not 1 month before or after ? since it was during 8 years , why Putin not do something before ? why build up many troop and make everyone well aware of the invasion and prepare themselves, and then invade at a point where the resistance is going to be ready ?
This act of aggression against a peaceful country has no justification or explanation.

And my thoughts that Ukraine was going to regain control over the DPR and LPR in March 2022 by military force and civilian casualties in order to resolve the military conflict on its territory, which prevented it from joining NATO, are fantasies.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:02 pm
mmmPI wrote:
And where did Ukraine get nuclear weapons from? :shock: Maybe it was not Ukrainian nuclear weapons? maybe it was a nuclear weapon of the USSR? Ukraine wanted to steal it? As far as I heard, only Russia became the legal successor of the USSR. So I don't really understand what kind of "Ukrainian" nuclear weapon you are talking about. Especially considering that all the control codes for these weapons were in Moscow.
See how you switch topic to avoid recognizing that your denegation of Russian presence in Ukraine in 2014 are stupid since there is official recognition of Russia that they participate in the conflict ? Now you ask stupid question whose answer is obvious to everyone but is just avoiding recognizing that you where trying to compare 2 things that are utterly different and you did it with a random article you barely read

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:08 pm
mmmPI wrote:
This act of aggression against a peaceful country has no justification or explanation.

And my thoughts that Ukraine was going to regain control over the DPR and LPR in March 2022 by military force and civilian casualties in order to resolve the military conflict on its territory, which prevented it from joining NATO, are fantasies.
DPR and LPR where Russian occupied province of Ukraine after the 2014 conflict. And in February 2022 Russia decided to recognize them as independant state, which only Russia in the world did, and no other countries. Then used the pretext that maybe the DPR and LPR would be in danger as a pretext to launch a full scale invasion attempt on Ukraine which de facto lead to the destruction of many buildings and killings of many humans in those 2 areas. Yes you are once again posting fantasies like all your other posts on that topic.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:54 pm
Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
enterisys wrote:

Quote from article:
In November, 160 members of the Florida National Guard, assigned to the 53rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, deployed to Ukraine to train with local forces.
They were there to train with the government's forces, not oppose them. That's not an invasion.
Djmixxx wrote:
enterisys wrote:
Well obviously you're a lightweight, then, if whatever you're sniffing makes you think that linked article compares in some way to Russia sending soldiers to instigate uprisings.
I would only be glad if they taught them how to fight. But it looks like they shared their achievements in Afghanistan in 2021 and the soldiers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are now showing how they learned their lesson.

History is written by the winners.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Djmixxx wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:18 pm
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:54 pm
Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:

Quote from article:
Djmixxx wrote:
enterisys wrote:
I would only be glad if they taught them how to fight. But it looks like they shared their achievements in Afghanistan in 2021 and the soldiers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are now showing how they learned their lesson.

History is written by the winners.
Classic topic switch. :roll:
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:

Turkey

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

mmmPI wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:16 pm
Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:

DPR and LPR where Russian occupied province of Ukraine after the 2014 conflict. And in February 2022 Russia decided to recognize them as independant state, which only Russia in the world did, and no other countries. Then used the pretext that maybe the DPR and LPR would be in danger as a pretext to launch a full scale invasion attempt on Ukraine which de facto lead to the destruction of many buildings and killings of many humans in those 2 areas. Yes you are once again posting fantasies like all your other posts on that topic.
So stop calling them like that.
If russia unilaterally withdrawn from Minsk agreements it means such names do not exist.
russia occupied territories means so much more sense.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
The trick is that legally Russia did everything right. But morally, no.

Many experts write about this trick like this:
Russia used this provision of international law, but it cannot be used like that. This is called the duality of the interpretation of the law.

"The international practice of recognizing new states involves the use of two concepts that contradict each other. According to the first, constitutional, state becomes a full-fledged subject of international law only if it is recognized by a number of independent states. At the same time, there is no data on exactly how many countries should recognize the new entity.

The second concept, declarative, provides for the formation of a new state as a result of a statement about its creation. Recognition by other states in this case is not important, the fact of recognition is used as a statement of the formation of a new subject.

Experts assure that the lack of a clear mechanism for the recognition of new states often complicates the process. Following history, most often in such cases, attention was paid to the position of the UN as an interstate organization."

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

enterisys wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:22 pm
If russia unilaterally withdrawn from Minsk agreements it means such names do not exist.
You are correct.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:17 pm
mmmPI wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:06 pm
Don't forget that before they even launched the offensive, there were troop movements that they were calling a "training exercise" and were issuing demands to the US (at least) that Ukraine needed to be removed from consideration from NATO membership, among other things.

You're right. It was a terrible deception. Nobody has ever done that. Although, did someone really shake a test tube with sugar at the UN assembly to justify the invasion of another country? No, it can't be.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:22 pm
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:

I agree, legally only residents of Russia can call them that.

Return to “News”