We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
vladimir_putin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by vladimir_putin »

Rubeus wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:35 pm
enterisys wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:54 pm
Rubeus wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:48 pm
So: they say something is happening, provide an unrelated stock photo, and no proof of the event at all and it's not propaganda. Got it. Thanks for clarifying what a reliable source is - or do you mean it's a reliable source only if it agrees with your narrative? Probably the latter.
But... the... books... are... burning...
Surely it's somehow related.
Obviously not related enough to trust other twitter that used sophisticated deepfake tools to confirm that photo is from photobank and not from actual Ukrainian Mariupol.
Though I totally understand, if one was eating shit for years from military tv, he is always ready to eat more.
That story is made up. Prove it otherwise.

Do you really thing there were dozens of book burnings, but no one took a picture of it? Really?
Russia would have bragged about destroying propaganda or some crap. Ukraine could use it as a great way to show how how evil Russia is.
Instead, it's a shady Twitter account without any proof.

All this "Oh, it's Russia propaganda" and you are falling for the Ukranian propaganda yourself. It's pure cult-like belief. The utter lack of awareness and critical thinking skills required to defend this drivel is astounding - and you have the nerve to talking about "Russian military TV?"

Well, congratulations. You've just pushed me well over the line toward supporting Russia with this hero-worship, blind faith, ignorant tomfoolery. "But it's a picture of books burning, so it's related!" he says. Give me a break. Now I know why you are so anti-Russia - you'll fall for any stupid story. Next, you are going to tell me the story about Russians putting bombs in the pianos to kill kids is real. What a pathetic joke.

Absolutely embarrassing. I can't even believe the absolute, unmitigated arrogance required for that attitude.
vladimir_putin wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:58 pm
Rubeus wrote: ↑ Clown world conditions are terrible for fuel mileage.
I dislike how soft western sensibilities forces us to use neo nazi dog-whistles such as Clown world when in the good old days you could just say zionist or Jewry. But at least this one is a little fun -- large noses , haha!
And you know what? This guy is not wrong. I wasn't going to say anything because it's likely to get a ban these days. But, after that level of dopiness, I'm done with this forum and probably Wube as well. So here we go.

Zelensky is a Jew that cares more about Jews, Israel, and LGBT than he does about Ukraine and Ukrainians. Jews were allowed to leave the country, while everyone else of fighting age was required to fight Russia.
https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/euro ... fef0a70000

Funny how he seems to have so little regard for the Ukrainian people and their help, and is constantly pushing for more fighting and no peace talks. It's not like he's been getting rich from the fighting or anything... OH WAIT.

And I guess that's why enterisys is supporting this pointless conflict - he's probably a fellow Jew wanting to see more people die for the zionist agenda - I believe the current conspiracy theory is the establishment of "Jerusalem 2.0" in Ukraine. He's not a Russian or Ukrainian propaganda bot, he's probably a Jewish JIDF propaganda bot. They'll say anything is true for a shekel or 2.

And you know what, enterisys?
Here's a "related picture", so you know everything I've written is 100% true.

I'm out.
nobody understand nazism like the Russian, who knows he can easily agree with goebbels on the character of the jew without being even a little nazi!
Former model and currently table-connoisseur. I here for intelligent discussion with fellow lovers of the factory computer game.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:59 pm
OMG and youre also a video editing expert!
surprised they haven't mentioned metadata yet

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

It is strange that I did not hear the explosions of some ukrainian farts , from the fact that someone else does not support the ukrainian government and do not want of death inocent people's. Maybe I am too old.

It is clear that if Russia had not recognized the DPR and LPR and had not begun to protect them, then there would not have been so many deaths. Only genocide against the civilians of the DPR and LPR by ukraine. But who cares in Europe. (especially when the ukrainian media is great at explaining everything with an air conditioner explosion and jokes.) Yes, I finally watched the attack of a Ukrainian SU-25 on civilians in Donetsk in 2014 and a video of an eyewitness with dying residents. Who cares in Europe, no one seems to be.

We can blame Russia, but what has ukraine done to avoid so many deaths?
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:02 pm
It is strange that I did not hear the explosions of some ukrainian farts , from the fact that someone else does not support the ukrainian government and do not want of death inocent people's. Maybe I am too old.
I totally understands your frustration. When someone's world changes upside down in 100 days it is very concerning and can have severe impact on ones mood and even mental health.
It is clear that if Russia had not recognized the DPR and LPR and had not begun to protect them, then there would not have been so many deaths. Only genocide against the civilians of the DPR and LPR by ukraine. But who cares in Europe. (especially when the ukrainian media is great at explaining everything with an air conditioner explosion and jokes.) Yes, I finally watched the attack of a Ukrainian SU-25 on civilians in Donetsk in 2014 and a video of an eyewitness with dying residents. Who cares in Europe, no one seems to be.

We can blame Russia, but what has ukraine done to avoid so many deaths?
The only thing is clear is that when naZis stopped dombing bobmas after 8 years, russians continued special tradition.
Here on the video we see common Donetsk resident expressing deep frustration why artillery from one street bombing another Donetsk street.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:21 pm
The only thing is clear is that when naZis stopped dombing bobmas after 8 years, russians continued special tradition.
Here on the video we see common Donetsk resident expressing deep frustration why artillery from one street bombing another Donetsk street.
I am sometimes shocked by the bipolarity of local commentators. When I say that the US has attacked many countries and compare the reaction of the world to these attacks with the war in Ukraine. They write to me that one evil should not justify another evil.

When I write that Ukraine shot civilians from planes and joked about it, they answer me, well, Russia does the same thing and it justify Ukrainian evil.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:28 pm
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:21 pm
I am sometimes shocked by the bipolarity of local commentators. When I say that the US has attacked many countries and compare the reaction of the world to these attacks with the war in Ukraine. They write to me that one evil should not justify another evil.

When I write that Ukraine shot civilians from planes and joked about it, they answer me, well, Russia does the same thing and it justify Ukrainian evil.
Is is easy to write expert opinion about Ukrainians shooting civilians from your rostov apartment.
But when actual Donetsk residents ask serious questions, nah not my problem.

Another interesting note is pristine condition of the city after "8 years of bombing", even when compared to famous liberated cities as Mariupol and Rubizhne on 101st day of 3-day special operation.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:42 pm
Is is easy to write expert opinion about Ukrainians shooting civilians from your rostov apartment.
But when actual Donetsk residents ask serious questions, nah not my problem.

Another interesting note is pristine condition of the city after "8 years of bombing", even when compared to famous liberated cities as Mariupol and Rubizhne on 101st day of 3-day special operation.
The video of the killing of Ukrainian civilians by Ukrainian aircraft looks the same anywhere in the world.

Oh, I also like to compare. Let's compare Donetsk and Kherson or Melitopol (these cities were captured by Russian troops)
?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

It is strange that [...]if Russia had not recognized the DPR and LPR and had not begun to """protect them""", then there would not have been so many deaths.
[...]
We can blame Russia
(i edited your quote to remove some provocation)

Yes, Putin unilateraly recognizing the 2 occupied province of Ukraine as independant state and then launching a war against the sovereign Ukraine, to try and invade the rest of their territory despite the several previously signed treaties is having dramatic consequences on very people supposed to be "protected" in this war, so much devastation that even the most self-centered european has heard about the scale of the destruction during the invasion attempt and their repercussions on the world.

It is widely regarded as a pretext, coupled with an instrumentalization of the WWII history, to try justify the use of violence by russian leadership in their current war in an unsuccessful attempt to restore their diminishing influence in the world.

Mainly having a lack of appeal in their model where one clan confiscate all political power and use it to its personnal interest seizing control of entire field of the economy to fuel their anachronic imperialistic dream instead of better use, whose weaknesses are made even more visible during an armed conflict, it is left with scapegoating as its main argument to justify the absence of significant progress in the war, when it's not the war itself.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:04 pm
The video of the killing of Ukrainian civilians by Ukrainian aircraft looks the same anywhere in the world.

Oh, I also like to compare. Let's compare Donetsk and Kherson or Melitopol (these cities were captured by Russian troops)
?
Last time I checked with russian bots all Ukrainian aircraft was already dead, please update your agenda.

Sure let's compare, send us some pic after kherson suburbs were leveled by aircraft and artillery, again Ukrainian of course.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Is google banned in russia already? Can't follow fast enough with all the sanctions putin imposes on his slaves.

Russian military in Kherson and a residential area after shelling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXfFBznBIYc

Shelling of residential buildings in the suburbs of Kherson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIdkoUBck74

Truly liberated city.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

It is strange that [...]if Russia had not recognized the DPR and LPR and had not begun to """protect them""", then there would not have been so many deaths.
[...]
We can blame Russia
so Russia can form nation-states inside other nations to "protect" them, but Ukraine can not join NATO for protection? the fuck?

uma
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by uma »

Hello! As a person who was born in Donetsk I want to thanks createrors for this post. I recommend you to ban Russian fascists like Djmixxx, I think they are a destructive element in the community. But, of course, it is your community and you choose how to build it, thank you anyway and have a nice day!

tsjeva
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tsjeva »

I have been lurking here for some time now and only conclusion I can draw from this topic is that it should never have happened in the first place. It is a political debate sort of place between commonfolk of the internet that is never going to get anywhere. The mods seem to have given up doing anything. Posts are getting picked apart left and right no matter the "stance" or even whether they intended to argue or are just putting up facts or telling about their own experiences.

This topic is also very toxic. It starts out by polarizing itself. Immediately there is a "right" and "wrong" side. Not even one hour in, someone gets called out for not opposing Russia enough. "We support Russians that stand against the actions of the Russian government." Tell me who likes being called the bad guy? Not a lot of people apparently and it is showing. The fact that there are dev team members in Ukraine does not justify provoking people. There are better ways to create a discussion about the war.
  • Any news about or from the development team members (or anyone else!) stuck in the war?
  • What if we let standpoints, opinions just be, not arguing on them? Instead of forcing pro Russians to constantly fend for themselves.
  • Man when does the war end? Anyone care to analyze and discuss that? I am genuinely scared of it turning into something worse than it already is.
  • What even is the Ukrainian red cross and what are they doing?
  • What does it actually look like for the future of politics in Russia? (As opposed to what many wish for it to be.)
(Will this work?)

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

tsjeva wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:56 pm
I have been lurking here for some time now and only conclusion I can draw from this topic is that it should never have happened in the first place. It is a political debate sort of place between commonfolk of the internet that is never going to get anywhere. The mods seem to have given up doing anything. Posts are getting picked apart left and right no matter the "stance" or even whether they intended to argue or are just putting up facts or telling about their own experiences.

This topic is also very toxic. It starts out by polarizing itself. Immediately there is a "right" and "wrong" side. Not even one hour in, someone gets called out for not opposing Russia enough. "We support Russians that stand against the actions of the Russian government." Tell me who likes being called the bad guy? Not a lot of people apparently and it is showing. The fact that there are dev team members in Ukraine does not justify provoking people. There are better ways to create a discussion about the war.
So you had to contribute rather than letting it die a slow death?
??

It's the Red Cross. You've heard of the Red Cross, right? It's just the Ukraine branch of it. Every (major) country has one, afaik.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

There are better ways to create a discussion about the war.
freedom of speech means they don't really have to cater to anyone's sensitivities.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

I have been lurking here for some time now and only conclusion I can draw from this topic is that it should never have happened in the first place. It is a political debate sort of place between commonfolk of the internet that is never going to get anywhere. The mods seem to have given up doing anything.
This statement is self contradicting on 2 points :

If you had read the topic then you would have read the moderators explaining their behavior. They are doing something. They are not censoring people but the forum rules still applies and laws makes illegal things like nudes and gore , you can't death threat someone, and if you publish your credit card number or make some advertisement for a product you sell it will be erased eventually. My conclusion is that from your first sentence on this thread you start giving undeserved blame to someone where you clearly could have remain silent.

Also if you ever had a political debate of some sort you'd know those hardly ever leads somewhere. That's just a place where people can share their opinion with other people. You explain your argument, the other people explain their argument. If you do it regularly it allows to follow what the majority think, and why and account for the minorities different opinions. It also allow to debunk invalid argument that are based on ignorance, lies, superstition, unjustifiable motives, cognitive biais, or worse.
Otherwise people are left only in bubbles where they all repeat the same things over and over.

Even though that could sound similar to what you pretend to have read, if you (re) read carefully the first post, there is no call for a debate, on the contrary, the precise wording is :
Please, keep the discussions about the world events (if you can't help it) specifically in threads related to this post, as we want to keep the rest of the forum on topic,
Therefore one has to understand that people coming here "debate" are only people that choose to do so against the title of the thread and the voiced opinion of the devs on their own website of their own super game. There have been many users trying to do so. Hopefully Devs made this thread so that angry people could rant in here instead of creating countless new topics to share their valuable opinion.

This lead to the third point : when you say that "it should never have happened" you are mistaken because you look at the reaction of the 'worst' (according to your personnal moral judgement) people that come on the thread and blame it on the dev who opened it. This is a mis-representation of the chain of consequences.

Maybe better explained this way =>Following your reasonning nothing should ever be said in public because it is possible that someone decide to argue with stupid argument after you said it and it would then lead to the situation in which this tread has developped. This conclusion is pretty wrong, that is because the reasonning is wrong, the mistake is when you consider " it should never have happened" because with this sentence you create a fallacious collective responsability.

Even simpler =>

facts :
1)Dev say something
2)People argue with each other

wrong conclusion:
1) Dev shouldn't have said something because the arguing is not good.

correct conclusion :
1) Dev are really concerned by the topic
2) Some people are disrespectful

Posts are getting picked apart left and right no matter the "stance" or even whether they intended to argue or are just putting up facts or telling about their own experiences.
What do you suggest instead ? that post where people say they are telling the truth should be highlighted ? everyone picks a color to show their side wether you like the war happening and people dying or if you don't like the war happening and you prefer everyone is safe ?

It's irony, because it's very obvious that people when lying are going to pretend telling their own experiences when really they are giving an opinion, how do you make the difference ? you can't attach it to the message itself, therefore your point is not valid.
This topic is also very toxic. It starts out by polarizing itself. Immediately there is a "right" and "wrong" side. Not even one hour in, someone gets called out for not opposing Russia enough.
You say the topic is toxic, but your example is just the behavior of a few individual person, this argument make no sense. The topic doesn't become toxic because some people are acting poorly on the internet about it, otherwise everything would be a toxic topic.

"We support Russians that stand against the actions of the Russian government." Tell me who likes being called the bad guy? Not a lot of people apparently and it is showing. The fact that there are dev team members in Ukraine does not justify provoking people.
Keep in mind that the initial post was written before the new law that make criticizing the war illegal in Russia. At the time it was therefore not illegal to voice your opposition to the Russian governement for you, even if you are Russian. Putin was elected against other people no ? What's wrong prefering a peaceful opposition party ? (It wasn't forbidden at the time).

Now we are 110 days after the beginning of the war and it's pretty obvious that the devastation caused, the suffering, the dead people is very bad. It has become illegal to criticize it in Russia only when it was going to be criticized, when the failure became visible, that's a desperate measure to save the face when one made a mistake and one can't accept it so one refuse to talk to anyone that would remind the person of the mistake. Or worse, when one has an army under its control and uses it to force other people not to call it a mistake with threats and violence while trying to pretend nothing's wrong and also it's the other guy fault at the same time.

The Russian government launched the biggest war in europe since WWII, that's probably why the term "Putler" appeared in the result of search engines since the beginning of the war.

There are better ways to create a discussion about the war.
  • Any news about or from the development team members (or anyone else!) stuck in the war?
  • What if we let standpoints, opinions just be, not arguing on them? Instead of forcing pro Russians to constantly fend for themselves.
  • Man when does the war end? Anyone care to analyze and discuss that? I am genuinely scared of it turning into something worse than it already is.
  • What does it actually look like for the future of politics in Russia? (As opposed to what many wish for it to be.)
(Will this work?)
1) You just suggested you support the government that says Ukraine doesn't have right to exist but you wanted to know if everything was ok for the Ukrainians or people living in Ukraine ?? This is where i would see provocation.

2) Very contradicting with your introduction arguing on the opportunity to take a stand for a video game studio. And your whole post in general where you are only arguing against the very idea of this thread existence on the basis that you do not support the point of view expressed and came to argue against it while at the same time complaining in advance that you will not be well received.

Apart from that to answer your point, it happened many time that some user came here and lied very poorly and it was so obvious that they were forced to explain themselves and couldn't do so, if you consider that makes them pro-Russian as a general idea, i agree with you, that's also my general impression but also i'm considering only the most dishonnest and/or ignorant people would disrepectfully post anti-Ukraine content in a thread called "we support Ukraine" on a video game forum, game made by people that say themselves they care for Ukraine so those direspectful users are not representative in my mind.

(Also you should read the thread instead of pretending you have read it, go page 5, first post , you would realize that your question has already been answered clearly)

3) The war end when the Russian soldier go back to their country of Russia and leave the Ukraine. This is because the Ukrainian soldier are already in Ukraine and this is where they belong, therefore it is the Russian soldier that need to go to the place where they belong, which is the Russian federation. My analysis is not very elaborate, some of the Russian soldier seem to obey the Russian chain of command, therefore it is likely that the move from the Russian soldier would be following a decision from the Russian governement that has to be taken by the head of the Russian federation. The war would end after that. But maybe the soldier would decide to go back to their home without receiving the order prior to that for reason like military defeat or not willing to continue a pointless war. As time goes Ukraine is receiving shipment of new modern weapons and training while Russia is becoming more isolated economically to the point where it impact the functionning of weapon factory which prevent them to replace many of the severe losses they already suffered by the Ukrainian defense. Ukraine said that Putin would never give the order that would spare all those lives and that instead they have to fight the Russian soldier off their territory which would be shorter if their allies would send more weapons.

4) click the link, it will open a new window , it's their website, and they answer your questions.

just in case : https://redcross.org.ua/en/

5) I don't think discussing the future of politics in Russia is "a better way to have a discussion" about "the war in Ukraine". I wonder how the reconstruction will be for the poor Ukrainians whose towns where destroyed. I wonder about the future of politics in Ukraine, will they join the EU or NATO ? when ? but i don't think this is the correct forum to discuss about this according to the first post that launch this thread that i'm quoting again :
Please, keep the discussions about the world events (if you can't help it) specifically in threads related to this post, as we want to keep the rest of the forum on topic,

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

[*] Any news about or from the development team members (or anyone else!) stuck in the war?
Here is some update:
War will finish somewhere on 450 jets/250 helicopters/2500 tanks.
[*] What if we let standpoints, opinions just be, not arguing on them? Instead of forcing pro Russians to constantly fend for themselves.
And next you ask just give russians some land? Don't russia have enough land already?
[*] Man when does the war end? Anyone care to analyze and discuss that? I am genuinely scared of it turning into something worse than it already is.
Don't be scared little one, Ukraine got this covered.
[*] What even is the Ukrainian red cross and what are they doing?
Red cross things.
[*] What does it actually look like for the future of politics in Russia? (As opposed to what many wish for it to be.)
No one cares about russia really here.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

ptx0 wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:01 am
so Russia can form nation-states inside other nations to "protect" them, but Ukraine can not join NATO for protection? the fuck?
NATO does not help to kill civilians in the country. To get into NATO it was necessary to solve this problem. Diplomacy Ukraine does not know how. There remains a military way to liberate the east of Ukraine from the inhabitants. And the road to NATO is open. All these are my fantasies and there is nothing real in them. :lol:

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:43 pm
All these are my fantasies and there is nothing real in them. :lol:
You got that straight.... :roll:
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

uma wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:09 pm
Hello! As a person who was born in Donetsk I want to thanks createrors for this post. I recommend you to ban Russian fascists like Djmixxx, I think they are a destructive element in the community. But, of course, it is your community and you choose how to build it, thank you anyway and have a nice day!
Oh, the birth of the Ukrainian Nazi.
"person who was born in Donetsk" and dont live there.

Return to β€œNews”