We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Rubeus
Inserter
Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by Rubeus »

enterisys wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:15 am
Rubeus wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:20 am
Big bad Ruskibotβ„’ and apparently serial liar here. (Note to mmmPI's comment about grain prices: look up something other than grain - which is more directly impacted. Here's one: https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/rice Note the continuing price increase since 2019. How about potatoes now? https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/WPU01130603 But... I'm lying about that, too. The graphs are Russian propaganda!)

Where do reports from Ukraine come from? Ukraine, Russia, and independent journalists.
Again wrong - russian reports can't come from Ukraine because russian so called military journalists are not allowed to come to Ukraine.
It leaves us to Ukrainian media which you obv don't read and international media which gains nothing from reporting anything but news.
Yet you choose to copy-pazste russian military media and accept it as fact without of your "grain of salt".
The independent journalists are dismissed as an unreliable source. That's understandable, but it limits sources to the other 2.
Russian news is considered propaganda and censored, as someone pointed out, across Europe and in many other places.
The Ukranian news agencies, as well as Axios, Reuters, etc that provide the international news to others get their news through Ukraine. Ukraine is censoring everything they consider propaganda.
Therefore, yes: Everything across the world in regards to Ukraine is potentially Ukrainian propaganda. It's absolutely ridiculous to think otherwise.

As I said, it all needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
Yes, Ukraine is censoring facebook/twitter/youtube/etc, keep on believing. Wasn't it your motherland that banned such resources?
I'd love to live in a cozy world where everyone that disagreed with me was the enemy. I'm not Russian lol.

The international media outlets get their reports from Ukraine. Read the articles - the source is always Ukrainian officials. Stop saying Ukraine isn't publishing propaganda - it would be as foolish as saying Russia doesn't.
So, you believe Russia is the enemy and want to stop them. Thank you for clarifying that position. So, rather than "support Ukraine", you want to "Stop Russia". That is an important distinction - but I can respect that.

But here's the part that bothers me about it: right now, "Supporting Ukraine" means sending them money and weapons. This isn't going to win a war - only prolong. If it meant the international community was banding together to stop it with overwhelming force? That would be a different conversation entirely. Surely you agree on this point?
I believe in transformers, but my beliefs are not of your consern as well as twisting my replies.
Again google what war means and how WW2 was stopped. Google land lease to russia during WW2 and make your own conclusion whether russia would loose twice as many people if not for help of US to your country.
Am I twisting your reply? You've never defended Ukraine, only talked about how Russia should be stopped. Is that not your opinion? If not, you need to do a better job of explaining why we should support Ukraine.
PS: I've been insulted along the way the whole time as a Russian bot and a liar. To whine about me calling out a statement as dumb is a little childish, don't you think? And you know what? I'll do it again: mmmPI trying to use 1 graph of 1 commodity price to tell me what my market is doing - despite taking the time to educate - and calling me a liar for it is a fantastically foolhardy thing to do. Wait, no, it's lying. Yes: it's a flat out lie. (I can sling lying allegations, too.)
But it clearly the case because you keep avoiding replying about obvious fact - you copy paste russian military propaganda without applying your own "grain of salt". And if you apply that very own propaganda to russia it will look much much worse in russia than in Ukraine.
You keep dismissing everything Russia says while taking ukraine(see, I can not capitalize a proper name as well) at their word, dismissing any idea that they are producing propaganda just the same as Russia. And if you apply that very own propaganda to ukraine it will look move worse in ukraine than in Russia.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:20 pm
I said:
1) The prices of all food production has been going up prior to the conflict (as evidenced by rice and potatoes),
2) that the conflict is only A PART OF increasing the cost of everything indirectly due to the cost of fertilizer, and
3) that wheat is impacted more directly by the conflict because they are producer countries.

Yes you are lying, what you said is not the 3 point up here , this is what you said :
Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:57 pm
I know why food prices are high - and the Russia/Ukraine thing is just one piece causing it. The prices had been steadily increasing for over a year. This conflict only had an impact on the fertilizers recently - and this only due to the international reaction to this conflict in the forms of lame duck sanctions. I could go on and on about this topic, but the fact is that it's only a piece. I don't like it - but the only thing that's going to fix it is 1) countries put on their big boy pants and fight for Ukraine, or 2) stop giving Ukraine military aid and let them fall so things can get worked out after.

Notice how you are not assuming what you wrote that the conflict only had impact on fertilizer and that only due to sanction, and now try to act like you didn't said that.

2 points

1) NO the conflict doesn't only impact fertilizer and impact also and mostly wheat price,
i know you prefer talking about the impact on the rice price because it doesn't show as much the devastation caused by the war of aggression launched by Russia, but the very fact that 2) Russia is having tanks on Ukrainian barley and wheat field IS TRIGGERING an increase in food prices that has nothing to do with the sanctions. If rice prices are not seeing the very sharp increase like the wheat prices it's because there is not much rice grown in Ukraine.

You can reformulate basic knowledge about markets and cereals and try to school me, it doesn't change the fact that you said things that are plain wrong, namely downplaying the impact of the war on the food crisis by not looking at wheat prices that are the most critically rising because of the stupid war and saying which is not true that only fertilizer prices were impacted, this is not true.

That is not the only thing you said that was a lie, you said Zelensky toured the USA coupled times during the war, then you said you only had the date wrong, when it was also the place and the number of time.

You are saying lies and when they are called out, you are attempting to act as if you were misunderstood.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:33 pm
I'd love to live in a cozy world where everyone that disagreed with me was the enemy. I'm not Russian lol.
Right lol.
The international media outlets get their reports from Ukraine. Read the articles - the source is always Ukrainian officials. Stop saying Ukraine isn't publishing propaganda - it would be as foolish as saying Russia doesn't.
Well I did and it proved you lie once again: BBC correspondent Quentin Sommerville, and cameraman Darren Conway, have been with Ukrainian forces as they advance.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61378196
Is BBC also an Ukrainian official? Wow everyday you learn something new.
Am I twisting your reply? You've never defended Ukraine, only talked about how Russia should be stopped. Is that not your opinion? If not, you need to do a better job of explaining why we should support Ukraine.
I dont need to explain anything to russians, there is already enough of your "support" in Ukraine.
You keep dismissing everything Russia says while taking ukraine(see, I can not capitalize a proper name as well) at their word, dismissing any idea that they are producing propaganda just the same as Russia. And if you apply that very own propaganda to ukraine it will look move worse in ukraine than in Russia.
I dont need to take Ukraine at its word because I live there and know exactly what is happening.
If you dont like official Ukrainian reports no one makes you read them, go read some other independent reports which are millions in current Internet era. Even in your country some independent media can be accessed, and all banned can be accessed with VPN (personally I recommend Surfshark).

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Where did you get your information about zelensky touring the USA couple times during the war that ended up being completly wrong, not only on the date, but also the location, and you couldn't provide any evidence of it happening not even once ?

Where did you get you information that only fertilizer prices were impacted in the conflict due to sanctions on Russia which is wrong as wheat prices is the most critically increased as a direct consequence of the Russian invasion attempt of Ukraine before any sanction was taken ?
Last edited by mmmPI on Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rubeus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Rubeus »

Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:16 pm
One less reason to support Ukraine. Hopefully soon there will be no reasons to support.
I know you mean well and all... but you know TPXA makes a lot of fake videos, right? The ones where it looks like Russia is hitting Kiev with little nukes are my favorite! :lol:

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:05 pm
I know you mean well and all... but you know TPXA makes a lot of fake videos, right? The ones where it looks like Russia is hitting Kiev with little nukes are my favorite! :lol:
Yeah you seem so qualified to differenciate fakes, give more lesson please, how would you apply your skills for this video, explain us how you got the clue that this is a fake video. For now it just seem like a baseless accusation, but i'm sure you will find something.

Rubeus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Rubeus »

Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:59 pm
Well I did and it proved you lie once again: BBC correspondent Quentin Sommerville, and cameraman Darren Conway, have been with Ukrainian forces as they advance.
I'm sure it doesn't say something like "Ukraine says..." right at the start of that linked article, or I would be completely wrong and... oh.
I dont need to explain anything to russians, there is already enough of your "support" in Ukraine.
Genuinely curious... do you think calling me a "Russian" is an insult? Honestly, if it's typical of Ukraine supporters to act the way you and Pi are acting, I'm starting to think I should actively side with Russia.
I dont need to take Ukraine at its word because I live there and know exactly what is happening.
If you dont like official Ukrainian reports no one makes you read them, go read some other independent reports which are millions in current Internet era. Even in your country some independent media can be accessed, and all banned can be accessed with VPN (personally I recommend Surfshark).
Ooooooh, that explains the extreme hatred for Russia and disregard for Ukraine, as well as the unyielding faith that your own government wouldn't ever lie.
Yeah, if TPXA is your idea of independent reports... well, let's just say I'll pass on the more obvious fakes, thanks. Those fakes are still cracking me up.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:13 pm
Genuinely curious... do you think calling me a "Russian" is an insult? Honestly, if it's typical of Ukraine supporters to act the way you and Pi are acting, I'm starting to think I should actively side with Russia.
You already did by coming here and posting lies on Zelensky and the consequences of the war on wheat prices don't you think ?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Why are you so triggered by pepsi russian jets?

Here is another angle, 3d modeling and sound is amazing. Camerawork is a bit shaky but at least he is filming horizontally.
Last edited by enterisys on Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

I'm sure it doesn't say something like "Ukraine says..." right at the start of that linked article, or I would be completely wrong and... oh.
It does, and it also says that BBC correspondent Quentin Sommerville, and cameraman Darren Conway, have been with Ukrainian forces as they advance.
Photo and video evidence is also there but liar like you surely would be too busy to read past 2 first words.
I insulted enough people on the Internet so I stopped long time ago. Calling you russian is just Occam's razor. Nothing personal of course.
Ooooooh, that explains the extreme hatred for Russia and disregard for Ukraine, as well as the unyielding faith that your own government wouldn't ever lie.
Yeah, if TPXA is your idea of independent reports... well, let's just say I'll pass on the more obvious fakes, thanks. Those fakes are still cracking me up.
You mistake me for someone else. I never said that I hate russia nor shit-talked about russians like you did about Ukraine in your first post.
You will be surprised but I dont know what TPXA watermark is. My videos is form other source which you can easily confirm.

Rubeus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Rubeus »

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:17 pm

Here is another angle, 3d modeling and sound is amazing. Camerawork is a bit shaky but at least he is filming horizontally.
I guess it might be real... the fact that the "Jet" moves at half framerate of the rest of the video is probably just Russian propaganda. They are known to stutter when they get shot out of the sky.
We can ask Stephan Tarabalka if the video is real - he's seen enough of them shot down that he should be uniquely qualified. The Ukrainian Air Force says he's still alive, so let's give him a call.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ghos ... -q3sq0hztx

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

The Ukrainian Air Force last night said the Ghost of Kyiv was β€œalive” and embodied a β€œcollective image” of Ukrainian pilots fighting Russia around the capital.
Ghost of Kyiv is alive in all pilots fighting for Ukraine, says air force

:lol:
Last edited by mmmPI on Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir_putin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vladimir_putin »

Patriotic russian citizen reject global western propaganda, regardless of whether it originates from Yankees, Jewish crypto nazis or independent russian journalism.
Instead, russian keep himself informed by watching five old men breathlessly speculating about unavoidable nuclear annihilation, nazism, and how easy it would be to beat up Poland in front of brown haired bimbo groomed like the guitarist in an all female provincial punk band.
Former model and currently table-connoisseur. I here for intelligent discussion with fellow lovers of the factory computer game.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:42 pm

I guess it might be real... the fact that the "Jet" moves at half framerate of the rest of the video is probably just Russian propaganda. They are known to stutter when they get shot out of the sky.
We can ask Stephan Tarabalka if the video is real - he's seen enough of them shot down that he should be uniquely qualified. The Ukrainian Air Force says he's still alive, so let's give him a call.
Not only a grain/fertilizer expert but also a video editor specialist... You keep amazing me. Keep on keeping on.

Rubeus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Rubeus »

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:45 pm
Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:42 pm

Not only a grain/fertilizer expert but also a video editor specialist... You keep amazing me. Keep on keeping on.
Yes. I used a very detailed and complex method to figure this out. It might be tough for you to follow, but I'll list how to do it.

1: Download the video.
2: Open in your favorite media player.
3: Frame step forward 1 frame at a time and watch it not move for 6 frames before jumping forward on the 7th.

Muh vudyo etiding speshuizems

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:50 pm

Yes. I used a very detailed and complex method to figure this out. It might be tough for you to follow, but I'll list how to do it.

3: Frame step forward 1 frame at a time and watch it not move for 6 frames before jumping forward on the 7th.

Noting to do with the compression format to put it on the internet eh genius ?

Rubeus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Rubeus »

mmmPI wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:52 pm

No, super-big-brain-ultra-4,000-iq-genius, it does not.

That's not how compression works, even remotely. It applies the compression equally to each frame. And if you are talking about frame removal to lower the frame rate and save size, then everything would still move together. You simply can't get that effect without purposeful editing.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

OMG and youre also a video editing expert!

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:58 pm

No, super-big-brain-ultra-4,000-iq-genius, it does not.

That's not how compression works, even remotely. It applies the compression equally to each frame. And if you are talking about frame removal to lower the frame rate and save size, then everything would still move together. You simply can't get that effect without purposeful editing.
thank you for this precious knowledge on compression, you also considered the possibility that the camera used to shot the movie may have been some malfunction due to being damaged in the war, you have ruled out the possibility immediatly, how ? care to explain i really want to be able to tell if a video is fake

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:59 pm
OMG and youre also a video editing expert!
No i know not much on that that's why i'm very impressed when someone is able to authentify a video just by looking a it quickly, i wish to understand and know how to draw conclusions like Rubeus did

Return to β€œNews”