Automatic inventory stacking and sorting for Spidertron

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Automatic inventory stacking and sorting for Spidertron

Post by foamy »

Klonan wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:20 am
Optera wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:19 am
Spidertron logistic requests

One of the main uses for spidertron is to let them build using the personal roboports, but the lack of an automated resupply method made the process less flawless than intended. This applies also to using them for combat, as restocking ammunition, repair packs and such, had to be done manually.
Does that mean all vehicles, including cargo wagons, could be made to use logistics?
Or is it just a hardcoded special case for spidertron?
Just for spidey, but it wasn't so hard, so in the future we might consider adding it to vehicles, but generally only if we plan to use it in the base game
While I love the Spidertron's logistics network ability to bits, because it's awesome to have, it doesn't have the automatic stacking and sorting the player inventory does. This makes it unfortunately a lot less useful than it could be when doing construction tasks -- any spare stacks rapidly get filled with half-stacks and such, even if there's another half-stack available. Likewise, finding a particular item inside the trunk's a bit of a hassle, though it's a minor thing compared to the other. Any plans to adjust it?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Automatic inventory stacking and sorting for Spidertron

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Made the post in the FFF thread a suggestion of its own.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foamy »

I was *wondering* where my post went :v

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Sorry if it seemed a bit cavalier doing so without asking first, I had little time before going to work this morning :mrgreen:. Plus suggestion makes sense, so there it is :).
Feel free to modify it if you wifs, apply the recommanded template, or whatever you see fit.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”