Friday Facts #363 - 1.1 is getting close

Regular reports on Factorio development.
ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #363 - 1.1 is getting close

Post by ptx0 »

AmorPropio wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:41 pm
Another thing, the belts move without electricity, is it possible to put electricity on them to give the game more realism? Thank you.
search the forum - you'll find plenty of requests for this, and they were all shot down.
Last edited by ptx0 on Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

Any plans to update the color picker GUI? RGB selection with no "built in" or "favorite" color options means you basically have to copy paste to get entity colors to match (or memorize 3 numbers for every color you like...)

IMO Factorio should use a color picker window similar to the one used by e.g. Excel - A small palette of commonly used colors, a Y-CR-CB color selector (more intuitive than RGB), and the ability to set and save favorites.

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nexarius »

Do we get 1.1 today? I really want the train stop limits.

argbla
Inserter
Inserter

Post by argbla »

Nexarius wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:31 pm
Do we get 1.1 today? I really want the train stop limits.
My guess would be Tuesday next week. They don't like to release right before the weekend, in case something goes wrong.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

The locale strings were updated on Crowdin today, the translations are coming in. There is a good chance that the experimental 1.1 release will have the new tips & tricks available in your favorite locale.

Gemma
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gemma »

Bless you all.

I think the belt line building option should be activated by a hotkey rather than a settings option. For example, hold ctrl while building and it locks it to only build in a straight line, or press a hotkey to toggle the building mode on/off.

This could eventually be extended to entities like electricity poles, pipes, and so on.

And in the distant future, if such a foundation were laid in the code, it could also be extended in other ways, which I'm sure are obvious to you to the developers. (It's my dream that one day I'll be able to drag build roboports and only have them placed at the max distance to continue the network.)

darekols
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by darekols »

I know this is bad place to write something like that, but:

Can you fix placing Ghosts of Trains, Wagons, Cisterns on rail? Because right now it seems like Random.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

darekols wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:02 pm
I know this is bad place to write something like that, but:

Can you fix placing Ghosts of Trains, Wagons, Cisterns on rail? Because right now it seems like Random.
like so?
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=87656

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Gemma wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:07 pm
Bless you all.

I think the belt line building option should be activated by a hotkey rather than a settings option. For example, hold ctrl while building and it locks it to only build in a straight line, or press a hotkey to toggle the building mode on/off.

This could eventually be extended to entities like electricity poles, pipes, and so on.

And in the distant future, if such a foundation were laid in the code, it could also be extended in other ways, which I'm sure are obvious to you to the developers. (It's my dream that one day I'll be able to drag build roboports and only have them placed at the max distance to continue the network.)

you can do this currently with the grid blueprint feature. I have a BP that combines roboport with power lines.

darekols
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by darekols »

valneq wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:11 pm
like so?
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=87656
Exactly that. Thank you for bridging this topic up.

psychomuffin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psychomuffin »

I'm loving 1.1 so far. The title screen is great!

The only bug I've encountered so far is if I put down a row of solar panels, but leave a space for the wooden elec poles, when I come back to run-drag-place the poles, the poles don't place as I run. I have to place them one at a time. I'm not sure why the solar panels prohibit this.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

psychomuffin wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:25 pm

The only bug I've encountered so far is if I put down a row of solar panels, but leave a space for the wooden elec poles, when I come back to run-drag-place the poles, the poles don't place as I run. I have to place them one at a time. I'm not sure why the solar panels prohibit this.
Did you make a bug report? If no, you should(unless there already is one)
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Squaresoft
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Squaresoft »

Will the Character/Weapon/Bullets movement from the bottom right to the bottom left be toggleable?,

psychomuffin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psychomuffin »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:17 pm
psychomuffin wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:25 pm

Did you make a bug report? If no, you should(unless there already is one)
No I haven't, in the 2500 hours I've been playing this game I've never encountered a bug in the first place!
I found the bug forum, I guess I do some searches and see if it is there or something.

leion247
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by leion247 »

Klonan wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:14 am
trilader wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:11 am
Is there still an option to access the inventory of your armor while in a vehicle?
Yes
My question is, will there be a option to have the character gui, that's now on the lower left, to be back on the lower right? It really throws me off that the gui element was moved to the opposite side and personally hate it. It would be great if there was an option to go back just like the inventory gui.

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey »

leion247 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:54 am
Klonan wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:14 am
trilader wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:11 am
Is there still an option to access the inventory of your armor while in a vehicle?
Yes
My question is, will there be a option to have the character gui, that's now on the lower left, to be back on the lower right? It really throws me off that the gui element was moved to the opposite side and personally hate it. It would be great if there was an option to go back just like the inventory gui.
hell yeah. It irritates me irrationally so

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

leion247 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:54 am
CorBlimey wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:21 pm
hell yeah. It irritates me irrationally so
it's one of those things you'll probably just get used to eventually.

Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Twisted_Code »

Alert arrows
Yay!
(about freaking time, TBH. I'm really tired of hearing "structure under attack" alerts, but by the time I figure out where the heck it was, the icon has nearly faded)
Belt building in line
Yay!
One less thing inconveniencing me due to my disability and accessibility concerns that make moving around not always go the direction I actually want myself to! (You were just thinking of spidertron, but you inadvertently made the game more accessible. Thanks!)
Blueprint selection in map
Yay!
something that probably could've been in the version you added ability to build from the map, but you probably just didn't think of it?
Technology effect icons
Yay!
okay honestly I have no idea what half these icons are now... but I'm sure the tool tips can help. Out of curiosity, what are the ghost ones? Something to do with ghost building, perhaps?
Breaking things
Yay!
(not actually sarcastic because I know breaking things by discarding old and basically obsolete things is often an indicator of moving forward. Proud of you for making a judgment call to say "no, we really don't need that anymore" :-))
How to report bugs effectively (archived version)because everyone should know this.
The game's tech tree, a visual reference guide.

lacika2000
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lacika2000 »

Any chance we will get a new blog post soon? Curious in which direction the dev team is pushing the boundaries... 8-)

Return to “News”