Friday Facts #220 - The best Friday Facts ever

Regular reports on Factorio development.
ExcessionOz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #220 - The best Friday Facts ever

Post by ExcessionOz »

I keep checking Steam, and keep seeing no new Download information.

It's Wednesday in Australia already. :) But no 0.16 yet -- they usually release on Monday/Tuesday so this is a bit enervating (as in, I am too weary to continue with my existing 0.15 game because I'm excited about 0.16 being just hours (days?) away.)

This is not a begging post, or a plea for early release. It is observational only, and not intended to be taken as any kind of criticism.

Mr Alternative
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mr Alternative »

ExcessionOz wrote:I keep checking Steam, and keep seeing no new Download information.

It's Wednesday in Australia already. :) But no 0.16 yet -- they usually release on Monday/Tuesday so this is a bit enervating (as in, I am too weary to continue with my existing 0.15 game because I'm excited about 0.16 being just hours (days?) away.)

This is not a begging post, or a plea for early release. It is observational only, and not intended to be taken as any kind of criticism.
I'd say we'll technically get it the day later, like most other releases.

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

Wow! The time difference is much larger than I thought. It is still Monday in Texas!!

Seriously though, I wouldn’t expect to see a release until end of day Friday in Prague which I assume would be noon or later Saturday in various parts of Australia?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

4:50 Wednesday afternoon here (in Australia).

Edit: And I'm pretty sure you have your days messed up. It should be tuesday in Texas.

stretch611
Inserter
Inserter

Post by stretch611 »

garath wrote:Wow! The time difference is much larger than I thought. It is still Monday in Texas!!

Seriously though, I wouldn’t expect to see a release until end of day Friday in Prague which I assume would be noon or later Saturday in various parts of Australia?
Here in the US, we sometimes consider Texas a separate country of their own... I guess the people there are in their own world. :P

I would put my completely random guess on a Thursday release... Of course, without mentioning a Time Zone, that is a 48 hour window to have it be Thursday somewhere. 8-)

But... I'm a developer myself... I'm more interested in the quality of the release than any specific date... release it when you are ready, that is most important. Even if it isn't this week. Wube's track record with quality releases is quite impressive... I know I don't need to say anything at all and they will do a great job anyway.

ske
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ske »

It's Wednesday, my dudes!

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

evopwr wrote:oh no!! I'm waiting for another games massive release in 2 days. Now I have to make decisions! argh!!!
(seriously, thanks tho guys, I'm super excited!!!)
I'm curious, what is that other game?

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

stretch611 wrote: Here in the US, we sometimes consider Texas a separate country of their own... I guess the people there are in their own world. :P
you are thinking of california.

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

Zavian wrote:4:50 Wednesday afternoon here (in Australia).

Edit: And I'm pretty sure you have your days messed up. It should be tuesday in Texas.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=humor

TerribleEngineer001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TerribleEngineer001 »

Holy 0.16 is on the forums !
Not on Steam yet though.

Now available on Steam :)

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

impetus maximus wrote:
stretch611 wrote: Here in the US, we sometimes consider Texas a separate country of their own... I guess the people there are in their own world. :P
you are thinking of california.
From what I've seen most of America is like it xD
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

Its been some time since i've had time to play factorio. But coming back, my god yes, im excited!

As for ordering of the shirts limited to 3... lol at best i'd order is 5. one for each working day, otherwise i dont see any issue on limiting it. Its a great idea to restrict them stupid scalpers (hate them soooooooooooooooooooo much)

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

0.16.0 is out?!?!? OMG you kidding me? How did I manage to miss this?

You guys are the best, this is exactly what I needed now after being bummed about finishing Darkest Dungeon and not having a Great Addiction on anything particular any more :)

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

The 0.16 auto-update crashes on the Mac under High Sierra. Installing the DMG from the Factorio download page works flawless

QGamer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by QGamer »

silver_26 wrote:and i cant wait to shoot some bitters with the new train wagon...
can i suggest a turret wagon aswell maby with normal bullets
or maby a laser wagon to protect the train from close combat ? ( read next part )

I don't know how far the artilety wagon is... but if 17.5 chunks is the max range ...
is there a minimum or can it shoot bitters, I mean if the barrel is 10 meters long... can it shoot bitters 5 meters away also ?
The artillery wagon was not designed to be used against biters. It was designed to be used against biter bases, destroying the spawners. You'd still need your Power Armor mk2 with Cluster Grenades and Destroyer Robots to fend off the hordes of biters.

From the looks of it, the artillery wagon reload is too slow to be effective against biters. And I'd guess that if you targeted a spot 5 meters away, you'd get caught in the explosion (similar to dropping a grenade on your foot)
"Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

Deadly-Bagel wrote: From what I've seen most of America is like it xD
if you are talking about most of the media. yes living in a 'bubble'. :lol:

PITEC
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PITEC »

And now we need a defense wagon .. :mrgreen:

seePyou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by seePyou »

ok... I'm a little late and all t-shirts are gone... and I expect even an hour would have been too late, not a week...

However, I have yet not searched the forums, just wanted to also add that I want a t-shirt so keep making them. If they sold out, that means there is demand... so bring us more!

Return to “News”