Nauvis Post Collapse 1.0 (Pre-Alpha)

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Nauvis Post Collapse 1.0 (Pre-Alpha)

Post by lilstrip »

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Nauvis-Post-Collapse

This story is only respective to this version of the map but will completely be unrelated to 2.0.
2.0's story will still be set in the Starsector universe.

Story

In the years before the gates shut Nauvis used to be a promising colony. Equipped with a massive orbital ring the planet was an absolute power house when it came to building ships for the Tyrador Safeguard Coalition.

Sadly the colony was lost in the first AI war long after the collapse. In reality things weren't going too well in the first place after the gates closed, famine and unrest were a common occurrence for the colony of Nauvis. To this day [REDACTED] of the AI war still roam the system in massive numbers and eventually a few decades later the location of the colony was lost.

Cycle 207, Corvus, Jangala,
All that changed when a single heavily damaged Kite made it back to the core worlds and that is when you overheard the conversation of a commander saying he found the world while you were drinking your mediocre space drinks. You couldn't simply ignore the possibility of finding this world and bringing it back to its old glory so after conversing with the traumatized spacer he mentioned the presence of [REDACTED] guarding the prized world. Still, this surely wasn't going to stop you so after purchasing the survey of the world all you had to do is acquire what you thought at the time was a strong fleet to conquer the system and re-colonize the lost planet.

Cycle 210, Unknown System, Nauvis,
You worked so hard over the past cycles to acquire that onslaught but it was no match... So many lives lost during the escape. You entered the system with hopes of new found glory only to be met with ungodly huge resistance. There were hundreds if not thousands of ships... you had no choice! A few days have passed since you have ordered your fleet to do an emergency burn to the planet, there was no where else to go since fleets of [REDACTED] blocked any exit points to enter witchspace. Some of your ships crashed into the orbital rings which have been cold for decades but so far the occasional light bursts when you look up at the sky at night says that they aren't doing too well. Meanwhile the occasional mayday call getting more rare as the days go by suggests your crew on the ground isnt doing much better either. There might be things you could salvage from the crash sites but non of the ships you have purchased were made to fly in the atmosphere. Most of them either burned up in re-entry or crash landed so hard most if not all the equipment inside is toast.

The good news is you weren't the first here. Thankfully you were able to guide some of your fleet to crash land near the capital of factoria situated inside a canyon. Most cities and roads have been protected by the harsh weather due to the topography but sadly that hasn't stopped the inimical biosphere to take over what was once untamed land. Another good thing about this world is that you are left with alot of pre-collapse tech which no one has claimed. You might be alone on this harsh world but if you start accepting your fate and start calling this home you will most likely have a better life than even the richest Tri-Tachyon businessman. No one will stop you with their building policies and the fact you seem to be alone wont attract orbital bombing from [REDACTED] fleets in orbit so hey, it ain't too bad after all!

The bad news is that there is no women in sight, no beer, no Holonet and last but not least your food regime will consist of dead giant disgusting bugs... Hope you get used to it because you will be here for a while!

Map showcase
https://youtu.be/kBlFp9FF81k

download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jpj5qlbqg ... e.zip/file

have fun!
Last edited by lilstrip on Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Nauvis Post Collapse (16GB ram minimum required)

Post by lilstrip »

if anyone wants to modify this map and add stuff to it go ahead, no need to ask.

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

quick update:

removed some almost all the behemoth bitters on the bridge and added some oil to the starting island just to speed up progression.

tried to fix empty chunks on the map borders but for some reason alot of them wont unload so you will have to manually edit them using the /editor command

last but not least if you have UPS issues go in the editor and remove all the cars on the map and the trains. They are mostly there for immersion but if your computer cant run with a bunch of active chunks do that and it should fix ups. I get around 25 UPS with a bunch of mods so i dont remember if vanilla loads faster or not. As always, stay tuned for updates as I will most likely add more stuff over time. Most of the coastal regions will most likely have small towns but i dont know if i will do that or not after spending 1000 hours doing this map :P

almost forgot: if you play with angles and bobs mod dont feel bad if you have to add ressources to the map. I have to do this myself. I wont really support mods so be prepared to make changes to the map by yourself and feel free to post edits on the forums for others to enjoy!

ill enjoy the next few days since i havent really had time to play the game for a whole year basically. Payed off thought!

AcolyteOfRocket
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AcolyteOfRocket »

Yay - Starsector AND Factorio.

Here we go !

Thx bro.

lava84flow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lava84flow »

All it says for me is level.dat missing and it won't even let me try to load it

catalyst518
Inserter
Inserter

Post by catalyst518 »

lava84flow wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:45 pm
All it says for me is level.dat missing and it won't even let me try to load it
Proper installation steps are detailed here: viewtopic.php?t=63668#p395924

Summary: Download the zip, grab the blueprint.zip and put it in a new folder in AppData/Roaming/Factorio/scenarios (create scenarios folder if needed)
Last edited by catalyst518 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

xrogaan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xrogaan »

Is the minimal 16GiB ram required is quite a high amount. Has anybody tried with a lesser amount to see how the game fares?

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

xrogaan wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:09 pm
Is the minimal 16GiB ram required is quite a high amount. Has anybody tried with a lesser amount to see how the game fares?
I have 16 GB but usually have only ~12 GB free. Loading the map takes a while, and I occasionally got UPS drops while exploring.

xrogaan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xrogaan »

bigyihsuan wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:23 pm
xrogaan wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:09 pm
I have 16 GB but usually have only ~12 GB free. Loading the map takes a while, and I occasionally got UPS drops while exploring.
Yeah, I don't believe there is any magic to reducing the memory footprint. The map is just too big. I only have 12GiB of ram installed on my system right now, and apparently that's how much the map is using during XTerminator showcase run. It is just crazy, does everything needs to be loaded in memory?

Alyssix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Alyssix »

16 gb ram here only 14 available, running full space exploration suite and all of aai, total system freeze.

Recommend more ram if using mods heavier than a clock

FingerLinger
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FingerLinger »

If your CPU isn't good ram won't do you know good. Lol go to system in control panel click on advanced then advanced system settings close cm on virtual ram and 7n tick the let windows choose then multiply how much ram you have by 1024 so let's say I have 32gb so 32x1024x1.5 then what ever your number may be everyone is different depending on how much ram you have click a drive with enough space and put the total amount to both boxes then click apply, apply then ok it should prompt to restart your computer go ahead then bamm you got ram. Let me know if this helps

warmerspy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by warmerspy »

Umm I am having trouble loading the scenario. When I try loading it I only get a regular map. What am I doing wrong? I only copied the blueprint.zip to the Factorio folder which I made inside the scenarios folder.

Splitframe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Splitframe »

I really have to think bigger.

catalyst518
Inserter
Inserter

Post by catalyst518 »

warmerspy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:06 pm
Umm I am having trouble loading the scenario. When I try loading it I only get a regular map. What am I doing wrong? I only copied the blueprint.zip to the Factorio folder which I made inside the scenarios folder.
The file structure should be \AppData\Roaming\Factorio\scenarios\your_chosen_folder_name\blueprint.zip

Via the main menu, choose Scenarios, and then you should see it listed under User Scenarios as your_chosen_folder_name.

warmerspy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by warmerspy »

catalyst518 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:54 pm
warmerspy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:06 pm
The file structure should be \AppData\Roaming\Factorio\scenarios\your_chosen_folder_name\blueprint.zip

Via the main menu, choose Scenarios, and then you should see it listed under User Scenarios as your_chosen_folder_name.
Well I tried that and I got the scenario listed under User Scenarios but it just loads a regular map

saphilpott
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by saphilpott »

This looks fascinating! Thanks for sharing all you work. I hope someone does a playthrough because this looks a little intimidating.

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

so basically the most fun way to play this map is a bit like a D&D campaign with friends. Currently playing with a friend and i essentially am in the editor mode and i help him progress and to be honest its necessary with all the crazy mods we have installed but essentially we setup a public server which is open to all and there are no rules

just pure fun... hit me up if you want to join us on our quest to conquer this map :P Its really not balanced but at least its really fun lol

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

damn i had no idea i was going to get so many replies hahaha! thx for the feedback guys and sorry if not everyone can play this map with the ram requirements. I mostly made this map to serve as a huge "D&D" styled campaign so yeah.... all the building space to the south east is mostly there to provide spots to build your endgame base if someone makes a free for all public server so at least you wont be stuck with griefers int he starting area :3

one more thing, the UPS usually goes up over time if you destroy alot of entities so theres that. lots of active chunks will become innactive over time so theres that. At the moment me and this guy started playing and even though i am hosting hes getting twice the UPS i am getting for some reason so i dont even understand how thats possible but oh well...

one thing i know now is that any mods you install will DRASTICALLY change how you play this map. The more mods installed the harder it will be to progress but the bigger your bases will be so i strongly suggest starting vanilla and then installing stuff like bobs. Forget angels btw... only install that if you want to die early game lol

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

saphilpott wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:46 am
This looks fascinating! Thanks for sharing all you work. I hope someone does a playthrough because this looks a little intimidating.
yeah xterminator wants to make a playthrough but i dont know how that will pan out... ill give him tips on how to do that so he can do one that is both fun for him and the viewers

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

for those having issues installing the scenario:

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”