[12.29] OCD Land - Custom Scenario Map *Updated*

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Mar5upilami
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[12.29] OCD Land - Custom Scenario Map *Updated*

Post by Mar5upilami »

Here is a custom map I made. There is more to it than just the image below, but "Spoilers" :P
Map size is approximately 1000x1000 with plenty of resources to reach the final goal. Completion of map is when you have researched all technology and taken control of the entire map. Resources and difficulty increase as you move out from the center. Be careful to keep your pollution under control as you move from early game to mid game technology. If your pollution levels increase too fast you will be overwhelmed. Strategically take over new territory to prevent the enemy camps from squeezing you in. Play it and let me know your thoughts on balance and layout. Developed and tested in 11.5-11.6, modified and updated to 12.29, Spitters and Big Worms Oh My!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i49gz ... and_v2.zip

Installation: Unzip contents into your Scenario folder.

Have fun!

Edit: Modified map, updated for latest Factorio and fixed broken download link. Enjoy!
Last edited by Mar5upilami on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

martinuzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [11.6] OCD Land - Custom Scenario Map

Post by martinuzz »

It gives a "map version 0.11.6-2 cannot be loaded" error message pop-up, and then factorio closes itself after clicking the message away.

Btw, is "blueprint.dat" really the only file that is needed for the scenario? Because that's the only file in the archive.

EDIT: oops! nevermind what I said. I just updated to 11.8 and now the map loads fine. Gonna try it out now!
<OCD-mode boot sequence initiating>

EDIT: early start done. I've walled off the east and west outer entrances, and made turreted entries at the south and north. I hope the aliens coming in from the east and west are smart / dumb enough not to break the walls, but walk around, because I was nice enough to provide them a path there..

Here's my early start setup. smelter area to the left can be expanded to mirror output to the west. For now, a small science park on the east was all I needed. Steel production has just started. Note that all smelters have been built in such way, that they can be replaced with the 3x3 electric furnaces without moving around too many inserters. Time to setup oil industry now.

Mr Sunol
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mr Sunol »

The link is broken.
can someone please upload a current file. thanks.

Ank
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ank »

Yes, please reupload the file and provide a new link. I would like to try this....

TheFrelle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheFrelle »

Ouw. This looks like a fun map to play, too bad the link is broken :/

Mar5upilami
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [12.29] OCD Land - Custom Scenario Map *Updated*

Post by Mar5upilami »

Sorry about the broken download link. Stopped playing Factorio for a while. I have modified and updated the scenario map for the latest 12.29 version. I have uploaded the new version.

I tweaked the map a little and added a new area far North with lots of baddies to kill. Goal is to control 100% of the map before ending scenario. As always, enjoy!

Junk303
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Junk303 »

Thanks a lot for this map, played it for 9 hours, starting to colonize the 2nd & 3rd ring... still a long way to go !

Nephanae
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nephanae »

Hi there :)

Here is my run of 70 hours of funny playing on this map :)
Have to warn that it contains spoils ! =>
imgur.com/a/Le4sp
It may be the OCD Land v2

Setting the train network was a pain without the chains signal :p
It seem's to come from OCD Land as my free plays allowed me to use them :)
I have launch my rocket but it didn't show the scoreboard but I didn't kill all the biters :)
Also couldn't manage to use the basic electric discharge defense remote but didn't had to try it on others games ;) :p

This is the first time where I NEED to use combat robots :p
Neither turret creep nor tank was enough ! ^^
Next step is to kill all bitters and try to launch another rocket :)

Talks about the end :
The minimap hiding brings mistery :)
It was cool to explore, it aroused the curiosity :)
And taking care of high end aliens was (and still is at the moment :p) a real challenge

I don't know if it can be possible but I would have been glad to see an entrance to a free style randomly generated map as a reward at the end :p
As it would have made this game infinite ;) xD <3
Edit : No end after second launch with no biters left
Edit2 : No end even after first lanch with no biters left ^^ :p

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”