The era begins: Factorio Tower Defense! (Call for help)

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
PalllaX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

The era begins: Factorio Tower Defense! (Call for help)

Post by PalllaX »

Hey guys,

yeah, the title is huge and I believe this could be the tip of the iceberg of a complete new fan base.
The background is that I played Warcraft 3 a lot and Tower Defense (TD) maps even more. I installed Starcraft 2 (SC2) only for TD maps.
The gameplay of TDs are really simple but demanding though.

So after thinking around I believe factorio could be a really good TD map game. Good mechanics and style.

What are my ideas so far:
For the start I want to create a simple TD with biters as enemies and gun turrets / laser turrets as defense. They are running through a given maze and you have given objectives.
E.g. you have 100 lifes and must protect your refinery. There will be more custom biters and towers later on.

Before I'm starting from scratch / learning by doing and stuff I wanted to ask you guys if you want to help me with it?
Especially LUA programming is needed. I never programmed LUA before (I can html, css, js, php, bit java).
- I will / can do 3D modeling and texturing with Blender / PS or Krita
- Custom graphics if needed
- Manage the project

If we have success and it was too easy we can try to make a TD map which is very popular in Wc3 and Sc2 at the moment. LegionTD and Squadron TD.
This would be awesome and generate many people for the game - especially when it's on steam! :)

Just answer here or pm me what you think about it and offering help.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: The era begins: Factorio Tower Defense! (Call for help)

Post by drs9999 »

I don't have any spare time currently to support you, but this might help to get started:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =32&t=4011

PalllaX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: The era begins: Factorio Tower Defense! (Call for help)

Post by PalllaX »

oh, cool! Will look into it. Danke dir :)

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”