Black Market Challenge (0.16)

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Hexxy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Black Market Challenge (0.16)

Post by Hexxy »

WARNING: TO PLAY YOU MUST HAVE THE BLACK MARKET MOD INSTALLED. https://mods.factorio.com/mods/binbinhfr/BlackMarket

Download is through this thread or here: https://mega.nz/#!sBsQjbCS!2zc9puA6eWHf ... bNQxmnS8Ng

So this is normal Factorio with a strange twist. No ore types or oil types anywhere to be found.

So you just spawned in this new world of Factorio. You see two Black Market chest in front of you. One to sell resources, and one to buy. You can play however you want. Become an energy giant of the galaxy or global leader of solar panel production, or maybe just a simple guy trying to make a living on this hell of a planet. Question is, are you up to It?

--------------------------------------
Tips on how to start new game
--------------------------------------
Get you some of that good wood.
Sell that good wood.
Buy some iron ore.
Melt down the iron.
Sell for profit.

(Yes it may seem easy but try it. just do it already!)

------------------
How to install
-----------------
Go to the Factorio scenario folder (Psssssst. Its in your main game directory)
Drop that son of a gun in there. Like this C:\Games\Factorio\scenarios\DropDownloadInHere
Make sure that awesome Black Market mod is installed. (Mod folder is either your %appdata%\Factorio\mods OR C:\Games\Factorio\mods
Load that puppy up
Play that scenario big boi

Hope you like that 5 minutes it took me to create and 2 minutes to post!
Attachments
Black Market Challenge.rar
(2.83 MiB) Downloaded 1185 times

GuardianElm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Black Market Challenge (0.16)

Post by GuardianElm »

Interesting idea. Wonder if you can buy enough ore to make stuff before the prices increase enough to make it impossible to launch a rocket...

Gaymer333
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gaymer333 »

For anyone that could not find the "scenarios" folder. Look: .../Factorio/data/base/scenarios
:)

babypizza
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by babypizza »

Do you just copy and paste the .rar into the senarios folder you do you make a folder and put it in there?

Stinosko
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stinosko »

babypizza wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:55 am
Do you just copy and paste the .rar into the senarios folder you do you make a folder and put it in there?
You need to unzip it, a scenario should be a folder ;-)

Stinosko
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stinosko »

Is there a possibility to make the scenario compatible with mods that add ores, like Angle/Bob? :)

thunderdestroyr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by thunderdestroyr »

there is no start chest...

thunderdestroyr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by thunderdestroyr »

also no ores are being deleted

vaderciya
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vaderciya »

I'm about 3 hours into my playthrough, and I'm trying to figure out how to balance selling products. When you sell something it slowly decreases it's selling price, so it makes you less and less money. Will this stop at some point? like is there a minimum price for all items that it wont fall below? Otherwise, The only solution i can think of, is to stockpile like 10 different products and only sell 1 at a time so the other 9 can recover their price value, which seems really tedious and honestly not fun. So is there something I'm missing/something that isn't explained?

vaderciya
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vaderciya »

Also, how is it a "black market" and not just a normal market? A black market sells either illegal or hard to obtain items, this is just a normal trading market

Timmy3D
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Timmy3D »

What map seed die you use i use Linux and IT wond work so i van make IT my selfe👍🏻

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

vaderciya wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:40 am
I'm about 3 hours into my playthrough, and I'm trying to figure out how to balance selling products. When you sell something it slowly decreases it's selling price, so it makes you less and less money. Will this stop at some point? like is there a minimum price for all items that it wont fall below? Otherwise, The only solution i can think of, is to stockpile like 10 different products and only sell 1 at a time so the other 9 can recover their price value, which seems really tedious and honestly not fun. So is there something I'm missing/something that isn't explained?
Hi, I'm the creator of the Mod. In the description of the mod you can read :
"- Prices are dynamic : they evolve using a simplified law of supply and demand. The more players sell one object, the more its price decreases ; the more players buy one object, the more its price increases. This dynamic pricing is for the whole map, not only one force. When untouched, an object price return slowly to its original price."

there are limits : x0.5 low and x2 high. Can be changed in the config.lua file (you can change lot of things in this file :-) ).
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

vaderciya
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vaderciya »

binbinhfr wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:58 pm
vaderciya wrote:
"- Prices are dynamic : they evolve using a simplified law of supply and demand. The more players sell one object, the more its price decreases ; the more players buy one object, the more its price increases. This dynamic pricing is for the whole map, not only one force. When untouched, an object price return slowly to its original price."

there are limits : x0.5 low and x2 high. Can be changed in the config.lua file (you can change lot of things in this file :-) ).
Thank you very much for your reply! Knowing the default settings are .5 and 2.0 respectively is great, It means that there will be at least a few products that can be continuously sold and will still make some profit even at half their original value. Many thanks!

Hexxy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hexxy »

Hey guys wow this got a ton of support, I went AWOL for the start of the post untill now because I forgot about It. I did not expect this post to get 5k views, and thank you all.

I am reading through the replies now, and will be answering the questions, and checking in with everyone. If a update to the newest Factorio version is easy enough, I can get It out today!

Hexxy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hexxy »

Stinosko wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:55 am
Is there a possibility to make the scenario compatible with mods that add ores, like Angle/Bob? :)
Yessir, you can simply add your mods and the game should work just as well!

Hexxy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hexxy »

vaderciya wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:07 am
Also, how is it a "black market" and not just a normal market? A black market sells either illegal or hard to obtain items, this is just a normal trading market
Black Market is a mod by binbinhfr who did a great job with It. Black Market is simply the name of the mod, which I have no control over. My "Black Market Challenge" simply helps state the use of his mod in my challenge.

Hexxy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hexxy »

binbinhfr wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:58 pm
vaderciya wrote:

Hey binbinhfr thanks for joining in on the discussion and for answering some questions!

dragontuar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dragontuar »

does anyone think that this challenge could be played in 0.17

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hiladdar »

A very interesting challenge. One other technique, would be get into energy marketing, primary energy production.

Buy a few solar panels (about 15k per) and trading accumulators (sell) (about 76k per), set them up upside electrical network. Eventually what you can sell energy for will be less, but still it is like a slow drip that over time builds up quite a bit of currency. What is nice about this partial implementation, is that it requires no maintenance with zero pollution once it is set up.

Also, yes, I think this is still relevant in .17.

Hiladdar

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”